Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Oppose Further Immigration Into U.S.

Oppose Further Immigration Into U.S.

Old Nov 29th 2001, 5:37 am
Private Ryan

"Carlos Antunes" <[email protected]> wrote Private Ryan wrote:
[usenetquote2]>> Then, you shouldn't have any problem with packing up millions of illegal spics in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> the US and sending them back to where they came from.[/usenetquote2]

>
    >

Doing the right thing by executing the law against those, who break it, should not be
a problem.

[usenetquote2]>> > "Nation of Americans" and "Nation of Immigrants" are not contradictoty[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > assertions.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> When you hop over the border illegally by millions in order to prey upon[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]>> prosperity of this country as a predator, you are not an immigrant.[/usenetquote2]
You're
[usenetquote2]>> just a Mexican, a dirty spic, and the US is not the land of dirty spics[/usenetquote2]
or
[usenetquote2]>> other lawbreakers.[/usenetquote2]

>
    >

Now you're ducking and dodging.

>
besides American and
    >
hole.

What were you referring to, idiot, when you said, "Nation of Americans" and "Nation
of Immigrants" are not contradictoty"

Here I come! Duck and dodge!

[usenetquote2]>>Either you're a moron, or you're playing stupid. Aren't you aware of the illegal[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>documents the dirty spics use in order to get their hands on free money? I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>guess, not![/usenetquote2]

>

Amen to that!

[usenetquote2]>>It sounds to me like you don't have any clue about how dirty the dirty[/usenetquote2]
spics
[usenetquote2]>> think and behave in order to get what they want.[/usenetquote2]

>
    >

When it comes to hopping over the border by millions, no people of a nation get as
low as the Mexicans get.

[usenetquote2]>>The dirty spics pop out kids in the US to dodge deportation. That's the first[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>priority they think about.[/usenetquote2]

>

Only to you since you can't think straight!

>

I think it is the other way around.

If you're an illegal immigrant with a US-born kid, just because your kid is a US
citizen, you can not be deported. Look it up! Better yet, consult that with an
attorney! The attorney will simply tell you that the kid, as a US citizen, has a
right to stay here, can't be separated from hisher parents since heshe is not mature
enough to take care of himselfherself.

[usenetquote2]>>Even though the parents are illegal, they get benefits from the government because[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>their kids are born in the US.[/usenetquote2]

>

If that were the case, the US would not be filled up with millions of spics. Open
up your eyes and look around if it is not too harsh for you to see yourself
surrounded by millions of illegal spics. We have enough spics in the US to make you
feel as if you were in Mexico. Is that a ****ing coincidence, or just a flaw in
your irrational argument?

[usenetquote2]>>Those spics don't care about how long they have to wait in order to get[/usenetquote2]
their
[usenetquote2]>>green cards.[/usenetquote2]

>

I hope they never get any green card. I hope that their illegal behavior doesn't
get rewarded with another amnesty. We have more spics in this country that we can
put up with.

But the fact is that either through their US-born kids, or through fixed-up
marriages, the spics resort to every shit to get their hands on green card.

[usenetquote2]>> They wait while they live a lot better in the US than they *did* live in[/usenetquote2]
Mexico
[usenetquote2]>> until the US-born kid turns 18 and can sponsor hisher parents for green[/usenetquote2]
card.
[usenetquote2]>> Look it up, idiot! After you're 18, you can sponsor your parents for[/usenetquote2]
green card.

>
    >

After a US-born child turns 18, heshe can sponsor hisher parents(mother and father),
but that doesn't work on sister or brother. Only the child's parents can sponsor such
sister or brother for green card. Look it up!

[usenetquote2]>>The facts are stated above, moron. If you don't want hatred, then don't provoke it![/usenetquote2]

>
    >
    >

The spics provoke hatred by breaking the laws of this country and flooding into this
country by millions in order to prey upon our prosperity like predators. They provoke
hatred when they start making demands for Spanish education in our own schools at our
expense. They provoke hatred when they don't show any effort to adjust themselves to
this country. They provoke hatred when they see such national disaster as the one on
September 11 as an opportunity to wave their ugly Mexican flags around.

[usenetquote2]>>First, we should send you back to your hole in Mexico.[/usenetquote2]

>

You're going mad with all that saliva dripping down your chin. It is time to call
animal control on you.

I think you would be happier among your people that you try to defend blindfoldedly.
Besides, your people know how to deal with people like you. They don't show you the
kind of lenience that you get to have in this country.

Old Nov 29th 2001, 5:53 am
Private Ryan

"Joseph Hertzlinger" <[email protected]> wrote
    >

Jealous of my name?

>

I think I am white because I am white.

>

Is that what you see on your id?

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I am not a Celt.

Old Nov 29th 2001, 2:38 pm
Carlos Antunes

Yeah, yeah, now go take your medication, ok?

Private Ryan wrote:
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > You really don't get one right, do you?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

--
"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees & the stars; you have a
right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is
unfolding as it should."

Max Ehrmann in DESIDERATA, 1927

Old Nov 29th 2001, 2:44 pm
Carlos Antunes

Private Ryan wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >

Yes you can! Do us a favor and get the FACTS, please.

>
    >
    >

THAT is the case. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Having a US
kid gives the parents absolutely no rights in this country.

>
    >
    >
    >

Well, I don't, but maybe I am a little bit more selective when it comes to choosing
the place to live, something you are not, obviously.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

"My people" are my family and my friends.

Regards, Carlos Antunes.

--
"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees & the stars; you have a
right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is
unfolding as it should."

Max Ehrmann in DESIDERATA, 1927

Old Nov 30th 2001, 4:17 am
Susan Cohen

Sorry for replying to my own post -

Susan Cohen wrote:

>
    >

[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >"Joseph Hertzlinger" <[email protected]> wrote[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >> On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:01:28 -0500, William Scott[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >> >I'm not an immigrant. Neither was my father, grandfather, great-grandfather,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >> >great-great grandfather going back hundreds of years.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >> Since America is a nation of immigrants,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >Only in your own dream world...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >>we'll have to deport you.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >Let's start the deportation by deporting you.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Ryan? A Celtic name?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > You think you're White just because you're a Celt?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Seems I *am* wrong. This is why people accuse me of being cynical - look what happens
when I extend the benefit of the doubt!

Susan

>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > You're an abo.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > The Celts were expelled from England when the Herrenvolk arrived.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Your ancestors were beaten by Anglo-Saxons when England took over the rest of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > British Isles.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > According to Gobineau, on the continent the Celts became the serfs whereas the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Herrenvolk became the aristocrats. (That means we can hold you responsible for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the Reign of Terror!)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Do you think you're the same race? According to an article in Discover, your feet[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > are shaped different from Anglo-Saxons.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > We normally don't object to Celtic activity --- the Elders of Zion regard[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 33rd-degree Scottish-Rite Freemasons as poker partners (Susan Cohen (or is it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Cohan?) is our liason officer)[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > --- but pretending to be Ary*n counts as cheating.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 2nd 2001, 6:40 am
Yehudim Abdallah

Silenced No More: Jewish Supporters of Palestinian Rights

By Sherri Muzher*

Author's foreword: How often I had written the draft in my head. How often I would
sit at my laptop and begin to type. But then, I would reflect on the bloody day's
events and the pain of my people. I thought of how hopeless the situation in the
Palestinian Occupied Territories had gotten. The tears turned to rage as poll after
poll revealed that the general Israeli public wanted to see more force used on
Palestinians. How often I would then close my laptop.

I first decided to write an article about Jews who support Palestinian rights back in
May 2001. The Intifada, or upris- ing, against Israeli occupation was going on and I
felt it was important for others to be able to distinguish between a Jew and a
Zionist. It was important for people, including pro-Israeli supporters to know that
there were Jews who did not embrace this ideology. It was important for Palestinians
to know that while the civilized world seemingly lost its humanity toward their
suffering, some of their closest allies could be found in the Jewish community. And,
it was important for people to know that the Palestinian/Israeli conflict was not as
black and white as it was portrayed in the western media. And so, I overcame my own
inner struggle and have finally written this piece.

This article is, ultimately, about nine courageous Israelis and Jews who have put
humanity first.
-------------------

"I have supported Palestinian rights since 1972, long before you could say "PLO"
without being branded a terrorist," reflected Ellen Siegel, a nurse who worked at the
Gaza Hospital in the Sabra Camp during the infamous 1982 massacre of Palestinians in
the Sabra and Chatila refugee camps by Israeli-led Lebanese militiamen.

Siegel had volunteered to go to South Lebanon in 1972 to assist the Red Cross after
Israel's bombing campaign -- its collective punishment after 12 Israeli athletes were
killed in Munich, Germany.

"I saw terrible things [at the Bourj al Barajneh refugee camp]," said Siegel. "I
believe in my heart that I never really left the camp. The plight of the Palestinian
has stayed with me."

For graduate student Irit Katriel, the turning point was cor- respondence with
someone in Beirut during another of Israel's bombing campaigns. "For the first time,
I had the chance to look at Israel through the eyes of one of its victims."

"When you 'cross the lines' and reach a certain level of identification with someone
on the other side, that is when you begin to understand," Katriel continued. But how
does this understanding affect people in their own Jewish community?

"There were times that the so-called mainstream Jewish com- munity cursed and shunned
me," said Siegel. "But, there were and increasingly are Jews who thank me for the
work that I have done and continue to do." Trade union activist Roland Rance also
talked of vilification by the Jewish community for his support of Palestinian rights.
"About 15 years ago, there was an attempt led by the Union of Jewish Students at Man-
chester University, to have me branded as an 'anti-Semite' and 'self-hater'." "I am,
however, part of the (growing) critical Jewish commun- ity," said Rance.

Has the enthusiasm for Palestinian rights ever diminished during the Intifada
or Uprising?

"Yes," said music teacher Michael Bootzin. "Though the actions of suicide bombings
are understandable, I find that type of reaction as irrational as the present Israeli
policies toward Palestinians. "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves
everyone blind and toothless," Bootzin said.

But most answered that their enthusiasm has never diminished.

"No. I am depressed when a suicide bomber attacks, knowing that it makes things so
much harder for most Palestinians, and knowing that most Palestinians do not support
such attacks on innocents," said professional Mitchell Plitnick. "But I recognize the
generators of such anger."

Former combat officer ['67 and '82] and current professor Jacob Katriel noted, "On
the contrary, I am more convinced than ever before that the official Israeli policy
and the position of most on the Israeli Left was never sincerely com- mitted to peace
with the Palestinians, which implies perceiv- ing them as equals."

In fact, there have been a barrage of recent articles in international papers about
the disenchantment of the Israeli Left since the 2000 Intifada began. But is the
Israeli Left as homogeneous as perceived?

Israel's Left, sometimes known as the peaceniks have often been on the forefront of
pushing for the Oslo Accords. They make up Israel's Meretz Party [considered the
human rights party in the Knesset], as well as Peace Now - a movement seen as pushing
for peace and an end to the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian West Bank and Gaza
Strip. But since the Palestinian uprising for freedom was re-launched in September
2000, the peaceniks have sounded a more militant tune.

"...peaceniks is the wrong word here,"Irit Katriel said. "It's a word used by the
Left against people like Peace Now and Meretz, who sing a song for peace and pat
themselves on the back but don't really have any political analysis or views."

"I want peace, I really want peace. Do you want peace? Why don't we just make peace?"
Katriel mused. "See, peace is the only political word they use. It's a negative word,
at least in the eyes of those who are leftists and not peaceniks. Some peaceniks
think that they are doing just what's right: avoid- ing anything that can complicate
the issues and just saying 'peace, peace, peace, peace.' After all, if important
people like them will repeat the word enough times, there will eventually be peace."

Human rights activist Cindy Levitt expounded on this. "I am disappointed in the
short-sightedness of many Jews who are progressive on most other issues but seem to
be blind about what human rights violations are occurring in Israel/Palestine."

So why hasn't there been more outrage about the Israeli occu- pation of Palestinians
among world Jewry?

Levitt believes that, ". . .if we could educate more Jews and others about the
Occupation and the day-to-day lives of Palestinians living under it, we might see
more outrage. For other Jews who do know what is going on, I believe their fear is
keeping them from seeing the truth."

Not in My Name organization founder, Steven Feuerstein, stated that "Jews, by and
large, are raised with very strong myths about Israel, and a 'narrative' that allows
them to very eas- ily dismiss the brutalities visited by Israel upon Palestinians,
even Palestinian children."

For Feuerstein and others interviewed, there is no blurring of the lines between the
religion of Judaism and the ideology of Zionism - the movement behind the creation of
Israel in 1948.

Plitnick, who was raised in an "intensely" Zionist environ- ment, added, "A major
component of Zionism is the notion that everyone is out to kill Jews all the time.
"When you have con- vinced people that they are in perpetual mortal danger, any
action is justified. For the masses of Jews around the world, the Palestinians have
successfully been portrayed as a threat," Plitnick said.

"I was brought up believing that Zionism and Judaism were the same thing," concurred
Bootzin. "I now understand how fear- based that attitude is and find myself
uncomfortable towards certain parts of my Jewish ancestry."

Activist Sierra Zweig reflected, "I have struggled with being a Jew, impatient as a
child with story after story of oppres- sion and righteous indignity, incensed as an
adult by Israeli aggression and the sense of entitlement that pervades the
community."

"Time and again though, I returned in my mind to the efforts Jews made throughout
history to promote social justice all over the world, and have decided to embrace and
express my own Jewishness in this way," Zweig, also the daughter of a Quaker-schooled
mother, continued.

It became clear that the individuals I was interviewing were not only well-versed
about Judaism but they exuded a confi- dence and self-assuredness about their
identities as Jews.

"I believe that the Jewish religion, in particular, teaches great respect for life
and that Israel's policies contradict the fundamental tenets of Jewish beliefs,
thereby compelling [us] to act and to speak out: Israel does not do these things in
my name!" said Feuerstein.

Rance adds an interesting twist, "As long as there is a state which describes itself
as 'the state of the Jewish people,' I cannot feel fully secure as a Jew elsewhere,
and it is in my immediate interest to challenge this. The dispossession of the
Palestinian people and the suppression of Palestinian rights was a by-product of this
attempt to accommodate anti- Jewish racism."

But with so many years of hatred and bloodshed, and with the blurred lines of Judaism
and Zionism, is peace even possible?

Professor Katriel answered the question with a question. "Can you believe that a
conflict can go on forever? The key is acceptance of the Palestinians, by the
Israelis, as equal human beings."

"This is not going to happen very soon," said Professor Katriel. "In the immediate
future, there are two possibilit- ies: Either the Israelis and the Palestinians are
left to themselves and the amount of bloodshed will be a lot worse. Or the US and
Western Europe will get involved and forcefully restrain Israel before things get
totally out of control."

Plitnick agreed with the concept of exhaustion and added that one thing needs to
happen to move the process along: it is an acknowledgment by Israel that its birth
caused a massive injustice and enormous harm to the Palestinians.

Levitt optimistically noted that peace is also possible when Israel ends the
Occupation and evacuates the Israeli settlers. Further, she sees a need for
anti-racism training for the Israelis. ". . .so that they can see Palestinians as
people who value their families and just want to lead normal lives as they do."

And is it fair that so many around the world have linked the September 11 tragedy to
the Palestinian-Israeli conflict?

"Yes, absolutely," replied Zweig. "Everyone worldwide knows about the US commitment
to supporting Israel with financial and military foreign aid. When Ariel Sharon took
power and it became painfully obvious that Israel had no intention what- ever of
dealing justly with the Palestinians, our continued loyalty to the Israeli government
flew more than ever in the face of the Palestinian struggle.

"This is not to say that the September 11 attacks were precip- itated directly by
the American/Israeli/Palestinian problem. Rather, I think, the folks in charge . .
. have sought to ally their acts with the passions surrounding Palestine, in order
to lend legitimacy and passion to their own cause." Many had final words, ranging
from reaching out to media to put out more stories about peaceful co-existence to
urging Jews to take a moral lesson out of the Jewish Holocaust rather than fear
and hatred. One person encouraged more Jews to come forward and speak out so that
the inflammatory label of anti- Semitism is no longer used on those who choose to
speak out.

One general theme ultimately resonated with everyone, however. "I would hope that
Palestinians, progressive Jews, and Israelis continue their work toward the road to
justice," Siegel concluded.

Few could disagree.

Sherri Muzher is a media analyst and freelance writer for the Washington Report on
Middle East Affairs. Sherri's parents, are from Palestine.

Old Dec 2nd 2001, 6:50 am
Alan D Glick

What hypocrisy. Those who support the murderers of children, those who support the
animals who danced when hearing of the Sept 11 attacks are not people who put
humanity first. Alan Glick

>
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 2nd 2001, 9:24 am
Baloney

Yehudim Abdallah wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >

Well I certainly hope the author wasn't out shopping today.

Old Dec 2nd 2001, 1:02 pm
R.J. Goldman

Today's right. The Right to feel PAIN......

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 2nd 2001, 7:27 pm
Yehudim Abdallah

Look at the FACTS and then tell us if you still stand by your statement!!

http://www.d-n-i.net/a_aqsa_intifada/sld001.htm http://www.d-n-i.net/a_aqsa_intifada/

http://electronicintifada.net/forref...yearstats.html

>
who
    >