oh no I485 Denied what NOW!!!

Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:31 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oh no I485 Denied what NOW!!!

Originally Posted by Mojo418
I copied this from visajourney, which I thought was quite thorough:

6. Copy AR-11 and enclose a letter to any service centers where you have pending applications IE. I-485, I-131, I-765 etc...( I had to send to MSC)

I did all the above. and a few months later I got worried that I hadn't heard anything, and so made an infopass appointment. And Guess what I found out when I got there? They did not have my current address. They had me fill out a change of address form, and she said she would put it in my file. Who knows if it has actually happend. I did this back in January. I may make an appointment again and see if they have updated my address yet or not. Hopefully I don't find out what I fully expect (they haven't changed it).
Yesterday I was reading a report from an AILA member of the Washington DC chapter, and his report contained tidbits concerning filings at the VSC.

One area he covered was the change of address issue, and in his report the VSC stated that sending a copy of the AR-11 to the VSC is “not” helpful. Even though his report concerned the VSC only, I believe that what you read on VJ is not accurate.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oh no I485 Denied what NOW!!!

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
One area he covered was the change of address issue, and in his report the VSC stated that sending a copy of the AR-11 to the VSC is “not” helpful.
How would one go about changing address with a service center, then? Would an actual letter stating the address change be helpful to them, instead of just a copy of the AR-11?

Thanks!
Rene