Oath ceremony letter received

Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:11 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oath ceremony letter received

Originally Posted by Floridared
Yep, they are not interested in your passport now!!
Unfortunately much of the "advice" in this part of the forum comes from people whose personal experience was from a number of years ago.

Procedures have changed. Make sure any advice or information is from poster who have recently gone through the process.

Last edited by g1ant; Sep 30th 2008 at 6:28 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g1ant
Unfortunately much of the "advice" in this part of the forum comes from people whose personal experience was from a number of years ago ... Make sure any advice or information is from poster who have recently gone through the process.
Well... that's certainly true. However out-of-date my experience is, I hope that you will still allow me to contribute to the knowledge base of this forum. I apologize profusely - to you personally for the upset I've caused - for posting something related to my personal experience without qualifying that it was 4 years old. Perhaps you feel there is no room in this forum for institutional memory.

Ian
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Well... that's certainly true. However out-of-date my experience is, I hope that you will still allow me to contribute to the knowledge base of this forum. I apologize profusely - to you personally for the upset I've caused - for posting something related to my personal experience without qualifying that it was 4 years old. Perhaps you feel there is no room in this forum for institutional memory.

Ian
OOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh!!!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:29 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately much of the "advice" in this part of the forum comes from people whose personal experience was from a number of years ago.

Procedures have changed. Make sure any advice or information is from poster who have recently gone through the process.
Sorry, Alex........my husband went through his oath ceremony on Sept. 2, 2008 and as he filed into the courtroom with the rest of the applicants, each person was asked for 1. greencard, 2. interview questionairre filled out, and 3. any and all passports. Had to show all of this to get in.

Pretty recent I'm thinkin'.

~SG
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:31 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Dearest Ian,
I cancelled out your "ancient" information. Lucky you, you are redeemed in the eyes of the forum!

~SG
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:55 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Sorry, Alex........my husband went through his oath ceremony on Sept. 2, 2008 and as he filed into the courtroom with the rest of the applicants, each person was asked for 1. greencard, 2. interview questionairre filled out, and 3. any and all passports. Had to show all of this to get in.

Pretty recent I'm thinkin'.

~SG
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...91&postcount=1

Must have missed the bit about the passports. Are you sure it wasn't "any and all Alien Registrations Cars"? It certainly was in San Antonio. ID asked for was Drivers License. I didn't take my passport although I did see a few that did. It was certainly not required and no mention on the appointment letter.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:15 am
The Missus

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...91&postcount=1

Must have missed the bit about the passports. Are you sure it wasn't "any and all Alien Registrations Cars"? It certainly was in San Antonio. ID asked for was Drivers License. I didn't take my passport although I did see a few that did. It was certainly not required and no mention on the appointment letter.

Might be district office specific. I am looking at the paper right now as I am using it to answer another forum question (and was as I wrote the previous post) and it definitely says "any and all passports". This was the Chicago office.

I guess the point is that if YOUR letter says to bring something, BRING it, regardless of what someone ELSE'S letter says. USCIS is anything but consistent.

~SG

Edit to add: looked at my husband's report of that day, and yeah, he forgot to include the "showing the passport" part in his write up. However, both of us have a distinct memory of bringing his passport as the letter said, and he confirms that he did indeed show it as part of his "admission" to the courtroom.

Last edited by SecretGarden; Oct 1st 2008 at 3:17 am. Reason: silly husband
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:16 am
Country Member

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
I guess the point is that if YOUR letter says to bring something, BRING it, regardless of what someone ELSE'S letter says. USCIS is anything but consistent.

~SG
Very true.