Oath Ceremony Boston?

Old Apr 15th 2021, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

brit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oath Ceremony Boston?

Wondering if Anyone has had their oath ceremony at the Courthouse in Boston? Just wanting to know what to expect on the day? Have been scheduled for May 19th. TIA!
Old Apr 19th 2021, 2:00 am
Just Joined

London1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oath Ceremony Boston?

Hi

Can you change it I had mine at Feneuil Hall, you become an American citizen in one of the buildings that was involved in the revolution and the birth of America. I thought the hall were the ceremony took place was a beautiful choice. The only downside was that I was only allowed 1 guest.

The actual ceremony took about 90 minutes but there was quite a lot of people and included a couple of songs, handing in your green card, listening to some speeches then the oath of allegiance to the US. The funny thing was that we had to wait for the guests to leave before we could get our naturalization certificate.

Brendan
Old Apr 19th 2021, 2:53 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Out of idle curiosity, does the current swearing in procedure still include the opportunity to submit a passport application? I always recommended to my clients to take advantage of that opportunity.

As a general rule, a US passport is considered conclusive proof of US citizenship. See Matter of Villanueva. I think it is a prudent action to be on record in two places as a US citizenship. (The government can misplace or lose records. I am unable to prove my US military service because DoD has lost my records.)
Old Apr 19th 2021, 4:08 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Out of idle curiosity, does the current swearing in procedure still include the opportunity to submit a passport application? I always recommended to my clients to take advantage of that opportunity.

As a general rule, a US passport is considered conclusive proof of US citizenship. See Matter of Villanueva. I think it is a prudent action to be on record in two places as a US citizenship. (The government can misplace or lose records. I am unable to prove my US military service because DoD has lost my records.)
I had mine pre-CV19 in mid 2019, they handed out the passport forms and voter registration forms in Hartford CT with the welcome letter from the President, you had to go to the library a couple of doors down and they had a pop up passport acceptance setup there for new USC. There was a photocopier so you could also take a copy of the certificate before handing it over... you also need to remember to take passport photos with you and see what form of payment they will accept.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of

Had mine in January, after getting through security there's another desk towards the corridor where you queue up to surrender your green card and have your paperwork stamped (I was unaware of this step and went straight to the 9th floor only to be sent back down).
If they're doing 15 minute timeslots then you'll queue again in the corridor until instructed to go up to the 9th floor with 2 people to an elevator only. A USCIS rep collects your stamped paperwork before directing you to a room with socially distant seating arrangements, I think 25 seats in total with an American flag and an A4 sized envelope waiting on the seat. In the envelope I had a copy of the Oath of Allegiance, Pledge of Allegiance and The Star Spangled Banner along with a passport application and flyer with important information for new citizens but no letter from the President (this was a week after the inauguration, so understandable).
The ceremony itself was very brief with the USCIS rep who originally took the paperwork officiating the proceedings with a quick intro on what was about to happen, stand up, raise your right hand and recite the oath then sit back down while the rep hands out the individual naturalization certificates.
It was a total of 35 minutes between arriving as a Brit and leaving as an American, including getting through security and respecting the British tradition of a nice queue or two. The ceremony itself no more than 10 minutes.
Good luck and congratulations!