Changing address

Old Apr 25th 2021, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

GrapeJ42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing address

Hello, I am a1 0 year green card holder and have not yet filed for citizenship. We recently moved home and I am filing the change of address form online and my wife is filing the I865 paper form to be mailed away. When completing the change of address form the first question should be No as I do not have any pending petitions or applications or applied for citizenship yet I would tick No? The next part for your address is where I am not sure on how to proceed. For the city field it appears that they only allow 16 characters, for a city that has two names in its name such as Saint Petersburg the options are to either enter Saint Petersbur with the last letter being cut off OR entering all as one word SaintPetersburg Have any others came across this before and have advice on how to proceed? I would like to ensure that this won't cause any hiccups and would like to do this online to ensure I get a confirmation of receipt. It seems like the paper form is only to be used for certain applicants, I would like to use the online route because you get a confirmation number and I can print this for my records

Last edited by GrapeJ42; Apr 25th 2021 at 7:34 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 7:41 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing address

Originally Posted by GrapeJ42
Hello, I am a1 0 year green card holder and have not yet filed for citizenship. We recently moved home and I am filing the change of address form online and my wife is filing the I865 paper form to be mailed away. When completing the change of address form the first question should be No as I do not have any pending petitions or applications or applied for citizenship yet I would tick No? The next part for your address is where I am not sure on how to proceed. For the city field it appears that they only allow 16 characters, for a city that has two names in its name such as Saint Petersburg the options are to either enter Saint Petersbur with the last letter being cut off OR entering all as one word SaintPetersburg Have any others came across this before and have advice on how to proceed? I would like to ensure that this won't cause any hiccups and would like to do this online to ensure I get a confirmation of receipt. It seems like the paper form is only to be used for certain applicants, I would like to use the online route because you get a confirmation number and I can print this for my records
I have seen Saint shortened to St.

Maybe try seeing what the official USPS address is on their site:

https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm
Old Apr 25th 2021, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

That city was just an example though the city I am trying to enter shows fine on the USPS site but on the USCIS change address form there is a character limit for that field it seems.
Old Apr 25th 2021, 10:02 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeJ42
That city was just an example though the city I am trying to enter shows fine on the USPS site but on the USCIS change address form there is a character limit for that field it seems.
With the ZIP code and correct street address it should get to you. I would fill as much as you can if it was me.

When they first brought out the ESTA I was unable to submit the form online because it was hard coded to assume passports were valid for a maximum of 10 years, the one I was using to complete the ESTA was valid for longer. I emailed the address linked from the page for technical support and after a few days I got a response to say the system had been updated to accept my passport. Went back and was able to submit without an issue. I doubt your issue would be as easy to fix because it may require changes to a database rather than the entry form alone.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tht
With the ZIP code and correct street address it should get to you. I would fill as much as you can if it was me.

When they first brought out the ESTA I was unable to submit the form online because it was hard coded to assume passports were valid for a maximum of 10 years, the one I was using to complete the ESTA was valid for longer. I emailed the address linked from the page for technical support and after a few days I got a response to say the system had been updated to accept my passport. Went back and was able to submit without an issue. I doubt your issue would be as easy to fix because it may require changes to a database rather than the entry form alone.
Good to know, in the example would you say it is better to have it listed as SaintPetersburg instead of Saint Petersbur, having it in one word with the correct upper and lowercase seems more accurate and readable than a missing letter on the end?

I just don't want this to screw up anything for citizenship but I assume others may of had to of done the same as the city field has a 15 character limit it seems.