O-1 Visa (case size)

Old Oct 29th 2016, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Sebastian1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default O-1 Visa (case size)

Hi guys

This is somewhat of a random question but if anyone could give me some inside knowledge I'd really appreciate it.

Cut a long story short. I'm in the process of re-filing my O-1b petition and the attorney has scanned and sent through the documentation for me to look at.

The attorney has been pretty bad throughout the entire process (lack of communication, multiple errors and mistakes when processing my evidence) etc.
I'm not here to moan about them (although it sounds like it).

My Question:
Roughly how many A4 pages should an O-1 petition be (excluding my evidence that I have provided)?

I know it's a case of 'how long is a piece of string' but if anyone has been in this position before, or they have self submitted a petition...how big was your case?

Really appreciate any replies you guys have.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 10:36 am
S.F
Just Joined

S.F is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: O-1 Visa (case size)

I believe my petition was about 15 pages.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sebastian1
I know it's a case of 'how long is a piece of string' but if anyone has been in this position before, or they have self submitted a petition...how big was your case?
Mine was well over an inch thick
Old Oct 31st 2016, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

daveyboy1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine was over 300 pages. A friend's was over 100 pages - that's with info we provided.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Sebastian1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Were your visa's also for O-1b?

Mine is 10 pages (my additional information probably takes this to 50-60 pages).
It just doesn't seem to make much sense when some people's case's range from an inch thick, 300 pages, 100 pages etc.

I'm just very aware that this is my second attempt at a petition (I didn't get a favourable RFE so withdrew the application, as to avoid a potential denial being marked on my record).

A few acquaintances that have similar levels of experience have been approved...which leaves me scratching my head somewhat.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sebastian1
It just doesn't seem to make much sense when some people's case's range from an inch thick, 300 pages, 100 pages etc.
Why? For some reason you believe that quantity is better than quality! We have no idea what you do, what skills and education you have, and what industry you're in... and yet you're ready to give up based on information from people who might be in an entirely different industry sector from you!

Your logic escapes me.

Ian