NVC to Interview Date ?

Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default NVC to Interview Date ?

Hi Folks !

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it will take to be given an interview date once you get your NVC case number. I will be going to London for my interview.
I am thinking because we were entered onto the NVC system 2nd July and got NVC case number, i am hoping to be done with NVC by end of July begin August ( all going well ) and to get interview mid September ? Is this possible or am i hoping for too much ?

Michelle
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVC to Interview Date ?

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
Hi Folks !

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it will take to be given an interview date once you get your NVC case number. I will be going to London for my interview.
I am thinking because we were entered onto the NVC system 2nd July and got NVC case number, i am hoping to be done with NVC by end of July begin August ( all going well ) and to get interview mid September ? Is this possible or am i hoping for too much ?

Michelle
I know you have posted before but I don't recall if you are doing a I-129 or and I-130. The I-129 will be forwarded almost immediately (1-2 weeks) to London.

Re. the I-130 - the NVC processes the Affidavit of Support (from the Petitioner) and also gets the Beneficiary to delegate a representative (if need be). They will then proceed to collect DS-230 I and II as well as all of the necessary documents from the Beneficiary.

If you submit all of the above in a timely manner, it is feasible to have your application processed by the NVC in 2-3 months and then forwarded to London (although the Embassy's website states 3-4 months).

I am not sure what is happening with Appointment Letters now that the NVC is collecting original and photocopied documents (which used to be taken to the Embassy) but I would imagine that it can only help the process to be done with that bit when the IR-1 application hits London's table.

I won't pretend to know what London is up to now, I know things have changed since the NVC began collecting documents. I am not sure if London is still requiring DS-2001, (Notification of Applicant(s) Readiness). Hopefully some of the lawyers can advise on how long it takes to get an interview, after the NVC forwards the application to London. (I think 6 weeks is a reasonable estimate).
Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVC to Interview Date ?

You have asked the piece of string question. Sorry don't know how long it is going to take the NVC to complete your processing. Good luck for a speedy travel through though.