NSC prisoner

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

k1filer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NSC prisoner

Getting really worried now. It has been 159 days and absolutely no word. I have tried to call NSC all day..... every minute on speed dial and couldnt get in during business hours to talk to agent. It was busy all day !! We have no unusual circumstances, why are we not getting approved ?

1st NOA 11-15-02
2nd NOA ??????
NSC
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

spongehead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NSC prisoner

Originally posted by k1filer
Getting really worried now. It has been 159 days and absolutely no word. I have tried to call NSC all day..... every minute on speed dial and couldnt get in during business hours to talk to agent. It was busy all day !! We have no unusual circumstances, why are we not getting approved ?

1st NOA 11-15-02
2nd NOA ??????
NSC
Call your senator's or congressperson's immigration aide (if either is interested) and have them look into it.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

brian09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NSC processing.

On a day like this, right after a holiday, and during all holiday periods, you'll find fewer employees on duty. Mondays and Fridays are the worst days anyway, and on a day like today you'll have hundreds of calls coming at the same time for every every agent on duty.

Your case should have been completed or status received by April 1st, according to NSC's report. So something is definately awry here.

I am asssuming you've checked the case status on line. I would contact NSC first, get the status, see if its been to an adjudication officer yet, and try to get an updated status. Try to get a date from them as to when it will be complete.

If no immediate response, definately contact your congressman.

Brian
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

brian09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NSC processing.

On a day like this, right after a holiday, and during all holiday periods, you'll find fewer employees on duty. Mondays and Fridays are the worst days anyway, and on a day like today you'll have hundreds of calls coming at the same time for every every agent on duty.

Your case should have been completed or status received by April 1st, according to NSC's report. So something is definately awry here.

I am asssuming you've checked the case status on line. I would contact NSC first, get the status, see if its been to an adjudication officer yet, and try to get an updated status. Try to get a date from them as to when it will be complete.

If no immediate response, definately contact your congressman.

Brian
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 6:06 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

K1filer,

I agree with Brian09! Mondays and Fridays are really tough to get through... I would really recommend calling them tomorrow and ask pointed questions and get real answers. If you are unable to, then you need to contact someone who can, such as a senator or congressmens office. I think that you are the oldest K1 at NSC in this forum. YOU NEED TO GET APPROVED Please try to call tomorrow and let us know...

Scott
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys. I will try and call on Tuesday and will let you know Tuesday night.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 1:40 pm
Mikki

Good luck, K1filer!! I'm sure you're file must be in front of someone
as we speak!!!! We'll all be looking to hear your news!!

Mikki
1st NOA December 12

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 5:23 pm
Jewels

k1filer wrote in message news:...
    > Getting really worried now. It has been 159 days and absolutely no word.
    > I have tried to call NSC all day..... every minute on speed dial and
    > couldnt get in during business hours to talk to agent. It was busy all
    > day !! We have no unusual circumstances, why are we not getting
    > approved ?
    >
    > 1st NOA 11-15-02
    > 2nd NOA ??????
    > NSC

Relax,
My I-130 has been pending since 7/12/02 and Nebraska has not moved in
their petitions in a long time. They are still Processing April and
back and have been since October of last year. It seems as if they
have stopped but I place money on it they just have an enormous amount
of petitions from that time frame.

I know it seems like a long time and it is and probably will be. Go
the K-1 or K-3 route if you can.

I do question the validity of some people on this board saying they
have been approved so fast but if they have, I am happy for them. It
just doesn't seem accurate though. I am sure sometimes a file
accidentally gets placed on a wrong stack somewhere and therfor they
are very lucky.
Good luck to you. I am sure Nebraska will start moving soon because
they have been stuck for a loooooong time.

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 5:29 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by k1filer

1st NOA 11-15-02
2nd NOA ??????
NSC
Hi:

I've said repeatedly that day numbers on the NOA's and the on-line listing should be treated as peices of fiction.

However, the "JIT" reports which are readily available DO give what purports to be a "hard fact" -- the oldest case "on the shelf" awaiting distribution to the floor. The 3-15-03 report for I-129 K-1 was 10-20-02. The 4-15-03 report shows 11-25-02.

This indicates that your file HAS gone "to the floor" within the last month.

The "JIT" processing reports are supposed to be issued bi-weekly [it seems they skip one every so often]. If you see one that has a date 30 days AFTER your NOA reciept date -- THEN you worry.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

bobzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
However, the "JIT" reports which are readily available DO give what purports to be a "hard fact" -- the oldest case "on the shelf" awaiting distribution to the floor.
By "JIT" report, do you mean the self-reported service center timelines that Matt and other attorneys are posting on their web sites?

If so, those also appear to be yet more valueless information -- at least in the case of TSC. TSC reports that they are at 1 NOV receipt dates for 129f petitions, yet people have been posting approvals for the past six weeks for receipt dates in December, and someone recently posted a TSC approval for a receipt date of, I think, 23 January (or something around that date). I realize that the service center timelines will be out of date the moment they release them if they are indeed moving forward, and I realize that it is impossible to process all petitions in precise order. But the difference of MONTHS between customer reports of the newest approvals and organization reports of the last to be yanked from the file makes absolutely no sense to me.

160 days at TSC and cranky. Perhaps it is causing me to miss something . . .
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Update......

Finally got ahold of an agent at NSC today regarding our pending K-1 visa. Agent was very nice in fact Asked me my case number, my birthdate and my name. He punched in the computer and told me our file was on an a agent's desk and was put there on 4-17-03. What is everyone's experience. Do you think it really went to the desk on that day, or do they tend to just say thinks that fit the moment? Sorry guys, I just want this to get moving is all !! The agent mentioned it takes 2-3 weeks once it gets to an agent. One week almost done !

NSC 11-16-02 1st NOA
2nd NOA ???
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

hoosier wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya K1Filer........ im not really sure the deal with mine....... i know it took 136 days for me and my fiance to get approved. My fiance did however call and was told it was being looked at last monday and within the week we were approved...... im not sure if thats luck or what?! we were told 30-45 days....... but it took the best part of a week...... so not long now! How do you feel?! Sick?! then your doing just great! Hang in there mate!

All the best

Shaun

ps how are you gonna celebrate your freedom once you leave the Nebraska prison....... i just ate a stupid amount of icecream..... its kind of a mormon way of getting drunk
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

**grabbing spoon and a chair and sharing that huge bowl of ice cream with ya Shaun ** Thanks for the smile ! Really needed it !

I am on 157 days as of today !!
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

hoosier wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL....... SWEET! Hey no problem....... no worries. I just love this forum....... out of this cruddy mess im actually learning alot and with that im getting to know ppl.......... its one big NSC family! Shoot, i need more icecream!

ShAuN
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

mikkitango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default You HAD to mention ice cream, didn't you?

Haagen Daz Cherry Truffle - here I come.........

LOL - you guys are great - the humor really helps!!

Mikki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.