NOTARIES IN THE UK?

Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Jezibella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOTARIES IN THE UK?

I an American applying for my husband a i130 through the American Embassy in London. I sent my petition off for an i130 in March. I received a letter saying they need more information. I had three requests.

1. 3 sworn affidavits declaring knowledge of my relationship with my spouse.

2. 1 sworn affidavit from myself explaining how and when I met my spouse and the background leading up to our marriage.
(All must be signed in front of a notary/solicitor)

3. I must provide commingling assets of me and my spouse.
It states: "Can include, but not limited to, mortgage/rental agreements. utility bills in both names, joint checking/savings account or other finiancial accounts; insurance policies, vechicle onsership; will, etc"

( Most of our bills are in his name, I've got council tax in mine, we have separate bank account, although recently we made a joint account. The main thing we have joint is our rental agreements that span over the last year.) Will I still need to provide our separate bank statements or will they need to know our income in Step 2?)
I don't want excess.

As for the notaries,I will use my mom and my former manager, since notaries are free in Texas now. For the 3rd one I figured I would use his mom, since she is UK-based. But I have been looking online and notaries cost like 150 pounds... I've found one that starts off at 55............. I think this is absurdly priced... it's a simple letter that needs to be signed and would take about 5 minutes. Does anybody have any previous experience with notaries/solicitors in the UK?

If anyone could help me with any answers I would highly appreciate it.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:30 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NOTARIES IN THE UK?

Originally Posted by Jezibella
I an American applying for my husband a i130 through the American Embassy in London. I sent my petition off for an i130 in March. I received a letter saying they need more information. I had three requests.

1. 3 sworn affidavits declaring knowledge of my relationship with my spouse.

2. 1 sworn affidavit from myself explaining how and when I met my spouse and the background leading up to our marriage.
(All must be signed in front of a notary/solicitor)

3. I must provide commingling assets of me and my spouse.
It states: "Can include, but not limited to, mortgage/rental agreements. utility bills in both names, joint checking/savings account or other finiancial accounts; insurance policies, vechicle onsership; will, etc"

( Most of our bills are in his name, I've got council tax in mine, we have separate bank account, although recently we made a joint account. The main thing we have joint is our rental agreements that span over the last year.) Will I still need to provide our separate bank statements or will they need to know our income in Step 2?)
I don't want excess.

As for the notaries,I will use my mom and my former manager, since notaries are free in Texas now. For the 3rd one I figured I would use his mom, since she is UK-based. But I have been looking online and notaries cost like 150 pounds... I've found one that starts off at 55............. I think this is absurdly priced... it's a simple letter that needs to be signed and would take about 5 minutes. Does anybody have any previous experience with notaries/solicitors in the UK?

If anyone could help me with any answers I would highly appreciate it.
Hi:

What do you need a notary for? Use of what I call "magic language" is a legal substitute for notarized affidavit.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

What do you need a notary for? Use of what I call "magic language" is a legal substitute for notarized affidavit.

I need a notary so that I can sign a letter and have proof that it is me signing the letter.

My Mother in law also needs to get one signed.

I just don't understand why they are so expensive... I must be looking in the wrong places... must be!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:42 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I need a notary so that I can sign a letter and have proof that it is me signing the letter.

My Mother in law also needs to get one signed.

I just don't understand why they are so expensive... I must be looking in the wrong places... must be!
You're failing to get round the crypticity.

Read here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...38&postcount=4
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You're failing to get round the crypticity.

Read here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...38&postcount=4
Yet it simply states that it Must be signed in front of a Notary/Solicitor. The notary/Solicitor must also sign the statement

I don't find that cryptic? It simply says it must.

What I am asking is ...are all notaries so dang expensive?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Yet it simply states that it Must be signed in front of a Notary/Solicitor. The notary/Solicitor must also sign the statement

I guess I will have to do what you just said especially since it will save me a lot of money.........................hope it's okay.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:50 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Supply and demand would be the answer to your question. But the resident immigration lawyer -- in my interpretation -- seems to suggest you may be wasting your money since you can simply use the magic words.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Supply and demand would be the answer to your question. But the resident immigration lawyer -- in my interpretation -- seems to suggest you may be wasting your money since you can simply use the magic words.
ha! i guess the immigration lawyer knows more than i do. right, then i will use the magic words!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:23 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

The notice is in violation of the law. If you are concerned about validating identity a copy of an official ID with name and signature might be nice.