Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

GC renewal with a tresspass warning ticket

GC renewal with a tresspass warning ticket

Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

flipgator is an unknown quantity at this point
Question GC renewal with a tresspass warning ticket

Hello everyone...
I am about to renew my GC next year, got my GC back in 2000 and would like to apply for my naturalization or just renew my GC.

My main reason is this,
back in 2005, I got a trespass warning ticket at a park and never to come back again and after a year, the ticket expired and I was able to get a copy of that report. Now, back in 2007, and being at the wrong place and at the wrong time, I got same trespass ticket again, I got cited for that.

Now my problem is, whenever I called the police dept or the sheriff's office, they dont have any report whatsoever about what happen at that time (2007). But they got a copy of the 2005 citation.

If I apply for my us citizenship, should I include my 2nd citation in the application? since you have to have that 5 year good moral character thing, I am thnking of just taking my citizenship in 2012 or after that and just renew my GC next year instead of applying for my citizenship.

Any thoughts on this one? thanks a lot....
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: GC renewal with a tresspass warning ticket

Is having a tresspass warning ticket consider a misdemeanor?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GC renewal with a tresspass warning ticket

Originally Posted by flipgator
If I apply for my us citizenship, should I include my 2nd citation in the application?
Yes.

since you have to have that 5 year good moral character thing, I am thnking of just taking my citizenship in 2012 or after that and just renew my GC next year instead of applying for my citizenship.

My layman's opinion is that since you were only cited but not arrested, you should be OK to apply for citizenship.

Rene
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the quick reply...

now, my other Q is, I called that particular city's Police Dept and Sheriff's office earlier and they still dont have any report of the 2007 citation. They keep telling me that it wasn't filed or there are no tickets whatsoever. I dont want to mess up my stay here in the States just for that reason and I am just being honest about it as well.

What shd I do regarding the paper work? I have to have something to show them that its already expired like the 2005 citation right?

thanks again....
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the quick reply...

now, my other Q is, I called that particular city's Police Dept and Sheriff's office earlier and they still dont have any report of the 2007 citation. They keep telling me that it wasn't filed or there are no tickets whatsoever. I dont want to mess up my stay here in the States just for that reason and I am just being honest about it as well.

What shd I do regarding the paper work? I have to have something to show them that its already expired like the 2005 citation right?

thanks again....
Didn't you receive any paperwork when they handed you the citation? Did you have to pay a fee or a fine? Did you go to court or anything?

Rene
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

If I apply for my us citizenship, should I include my 2nd citation in the application?
Yes.

since you have to have that 5 year good moral character thing, I am thnking of just taking my citizenship in 2012 or after that and just renew my GC next year instead of applying for my citizenship.
Good moral character is *not* at issue with a tresspass warning ticket. It ranks right up there with a speeding ticket. I wouldn't postpone the N-400 application.

What shd I do regarding the paper work?
If the paperwork doesn't exist, see if you can get something official from them that states the paperwork doesn't exist. That would be satisfactory for the N-400. If however, you really can not get anything official, then mention that in the application and send along a signed statement/affidavit that you have done due diligence with respect to trying to get something official. Do a search on the forum for "magic language".

Ian
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: GC renewal with a tresspass warning ticket

thanks Ian....ur a great help

magic language? i wonder that is lol....let me search it...

btw, how can i get that official letter that says they dont have it? should i go to their office (which is abt a good 9hours from me, use to live in FL, now in AL)and explain it to them?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Didn't you receive any paperwork when they handed you the citation? Did you have to pay a fee or a fine? Did you go to court or anything?

Rene
Hey Rene...

sorry, I didnt see your post...NO, i didnt get any paper work from them nor i didnt pay any fine....its like getting a speeding ticket but, i just signed their form and i left. they didnt give me anything on both occasions tho.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:01 pm

Hey Rene...

sorry, I didnt see your post...NO, i didnt get any paper work from them nor i didnt pay any fine....its like getting a speeding ticket but, i just signed their form and i left. they didnt give me anything on both occasions tho.
I would just make a note on the N-400 of the fact that you received no paperwork for either of these incidents. Declare them both, though.

Rene
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone...
I am about to renew my GC next year, got my GC back in 2000 and would like to apply for my naturalization or just renew my GC.

My main reason is this,
back in 2005, I got a trespass warning ticket at a park and never to come back again and after a year, the ticket expired and I was able to get a copy of that report. Now, back in 2007, and being at the wrong place and at the wrong time, I got same trespass ticket again, I got cited for that.

Now my problem is, whenever I called the police dept or the sheriff's office, they dont have any report whatsoever about what happen at that time (2007). But they got a copy of the 2005 citation.

If I apply for my us citizenship, should I include my 2nd citation in the application? since you have to have that 5 year good moral character thing, I am thnking of just taking my citizenship in 2012 or after that and just renew my GC next year instead of applying for my citizenship.

Hi:

Of course you disclose it. You have to tell the truth.

On the GMC part of the house, is there any probation still in effect? You don't say.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I would just make a note on the N-400 of the fact that you received no paperwork for either of these incidents. Declare them both, though.

Rene
i got paperwork on the 2005 but there is no paperwork for the 2007. i have no idea why there is no paperwork for the 2007 citation. and thats what i am concerned about because i have to show something to them right?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Of course you disclose it. You have to tell the truth.

On the GMC part of the house, is there any probation still in effect? You don't say.
no, never got arrested nor went to court, and no probation either....they just told me to stay out of the place period....and after a year, that ticket's expired...just like the 2005 citation....
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes.

Do a search on the forum for "magic language".

Ian
what does it mean exactly? im @ loss here
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:28 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

no, never got arrested nor went to court, and no probation either....they just told me to stay out of the place period....and after a year, that ticket's expired...just like the 2005 citation....
Hi:

So, what is the problem with disclosing it? You are the one who brought up "good moral character," not me.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:46 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

what does it mean exactly? im @ loss here
Some brilliant person just did it for you (thank you, fb)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...38&postcount=4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.