Noob chiming in.

Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Debs71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Noob chiming in.

i love the fl weather i think its great. but i am glad its raining at the moment, we need it. as for the bugs, yeah theres alot!!!! we have an armadillo who loves our garden, which is not a good thing.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Frederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really nice

Originally Posted by zebbs
i love the fl weather i think its great. but i am glad its raining at the moment, we need it. as for the bugs, yeah theres alot!!!! we have an armadillo who loves our garden, which is not a good thing.
OMG an amramdillo?

Eeeeks!

Done love the roaches
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Apart from the gun stuff welcome to BE anyway Freddy
same goes for me.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

ive only seen one roach, you need to spray if youve got roaches.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:30 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Frederick, I'm in IT as well. I've been at my career for about 5 years and would love to help you out. Do you have any certifications? Management experience? Are you willing to work contract or are you looking for full time. Reason I ask about contract is that there is an IT consulting firm based in Jacksonville, FL called Modis. Perhaps they might have direct-hire opportunities . I'd also start doing research on how to convert your UK Style CV to an American Style resume. I can show you mine just to give you an idea on how IT resumes are formatted. I had mine done by an IT consulting firm in St. Louis.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Frederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really nice

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Frederick, I'm in IT as well. I've been at my career for about 5 years and would love to help you out. Do you have any certifications? Management experience? Are you willing to work contract or are you looking for full time. Reason I ask about contract is that there is an IT consulting firm based in Jacksonville, FL called Modis. Perhaps they might have direct-hire opportunities . I'd also start doing research on how to convert your UK Style CV to an American Style resume. I can show you mine just to give you an idea on how IT resumes are formatted. I had mine done by an IT consulting firm in St. Louis.

No certifications as Im old skool . Been in I.T. since the mid 90's in London UK LOL! Just pure on the job experience. In them days you just got referred to new jobs via your own network of colleagues and performance - the city square mile was and is a small place . I got my C.V., perhaps I can email it to you?
I got a semi-job offer from Deutsche Bank ( a place I worked for back in London ) via one of their recruitment agents however they were based far far away from me. Im located west of Tampa. Im not really fussed about perm or contract willing to undertake anything, like I said I dont mind doing something completely different if need be. Oh, yes, and the so called american style of Resume, Ive been forever editing mine during the last couple weeks in an attempt to make mine "fit" in.

@zebbs, staying up all night and being quiet is the key to seeing roaches I did my own roach / pest control and saved a bundle. Purchased all the necessary stuff EG pro chemical and applicators from the web.

Last edited by Frederick; Jul 18th 2008 at 12:48 am.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:49 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frederick
No certifications as Im old skool . Been in I.T. since the mid 90's in London UK LOL! Just pure on the job experience. In them days you just got referred to new jobs via your own network of colleagues and performance - the city square mile was and is a small place . I got my C.V., perhaps I can email it to you?
I got a semi-job offer from Deutsche Bank ( a place I worked for back in London ) via one of their recruitment agents however they were based far far away from me. Im located west of Tampa. Im not really fussed about perm or contract willing to undertake anything, like I said I dont mind doing something completely different if need be. Oh, yes, and the so called american style of Resume, Ive been forever editing mine during the last couple weeks in an attempt to make mine "fit" in.
Here's mine for a bit to take a look at. I wish I could help with finding a personal contact in Florida but I don't know anyone there. However do give Modis a call. They operate nationwide and most likely have a good understanding of the Florida IT market. No worries about the cert's. Experience is the seller. That's why I always put my education last. It doesn't really matter at the end of the day. They want to know if actually know my stuff first and foremost. Ten years is awesome. By the way, I'm also in desktop support.

Last edited by Sue; Jul 18th 2008 at 12:46 pm. Reason: Attachment removed as per op's request
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

maybe the armadillo is eatting my roaches.lol
but whos worried about roaches when theres snakes and the rest of the wild life roaming around this place.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Here's mine for a bit to take a look at. I wish I could help with finding a personal contact in Florida but I don't know anyone there. However do give Modis a call. They operate nationwide and most likely have a good understanding of the Florida IT market. No worries about the cert's. Experience is the seller. That's why I always put my education last. It doesn't really matter at the end of the day. They want to know if actually know my stuff first and foremost. Ten years is awesome. By the way, I'm also in desktop support.
Indeedy, and most importantly got to know how to deal with clients and communicate with them. One of my old bosses once said in a meeting.. I dont care if your technical skills are like Mosess EG you can spread the red sea, if you cant communicate with clients then your no good to me at all.. LOL
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

ive only seen one roach, you need to spray if youve got roaches.
But for that you'd need a fully auto weapon.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

maybe the armadillo is eatting my roaches.lol
but whos worried about roaches when theres snakes and the rest of the wild life roaming around this place.
Damn right there! I filmed a black snake eating a lizard just last week. Thing was huge, I thought it were a black mamba. After further investigation it turned out to be a racer snake LOL.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

@zebbs, staying up all night and being quiet is the key to seeing roaches I did my own roach / pest control and saved a bundle. Purchased all the necessary stuff EG pro chemical and applicators from the web.
West of Tampa? On a boat or something?!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
West of Tampa? On a boat or something?!
LOLzz

Might aswell be. Nah, Im in Pinellas county. Out of interest.. What occured to that thread on this forum about .. Now if my memory serves me correctly.. " Americans and their easily bruised egos". Im asking you because you seem to be a vet on here mate. It was about a person on here who was complaining about US staff that he or she employed.

Last edited by Frederick; Jul 18th 2008 at 1:22 am.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:23 am
Riding on silver wings

Indeedy, and most importantly got to know how to deal with clients and communicate with them. One of my old bosses once said in a meeting.. I dont care if your technical skills are like Mosess EG you can spread the red sea, if you cant communicate with clients then your no good to me at all.. LOL
VERY true. I've known really brilliant techs who didn't know how to talk to the layperson on the phone through a problem ensuring a first call resolution. That's where the skill comes in. That's the kind of job that I've done as well. I'm the first responder who get's pissed at times at Tier II and Tier III peeps, although I currently serve as all three tiers at my job.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOLzz

Might aswell be. Nah, Im in Pinellas county. Out of interest.. What occured to that thread on this forum about .. Now if my memory serves me correctly.. " Americans and their easily bruised egos". Im asking you because you seem to be a vet on here mate. It was about a person on here who was complaining about US staff that he or she employed.
I'm in Miami-Dade.... yo....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.