Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 25th 2023, 3:31 am
Just Joined

NYC1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
still waiting for mine. My interview was week before yours
hi, have you had any news yet?
Old Aug 25th 2023, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

nothing yet! you?
Old Aug 25th 2023, 9:45 am
Just Joined

nothing yet! you?
Nothing yet, I keep thinking I've missed the email! lol
Old Aug 25th 2023, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NYC1
Nothing yet, I keep thinking I've missed the email! lol
feel your pain. I thought it would be this long so I changed our summer holiday plans (good job I did!), and I’m even ruling out next summer (as I will need another waiver after this one for my B1). Maybe get to the US sometime in 2025 if I’m lucky 🤣
Old Aug 25th 2023, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

feel your pain. I thought it would be this long so I changed our summer holiday plans (good job I did!), and I’m even ruling out next summer (as I will need another waiver after this one for my B1). Maybe get to the US sometime in 2025 if I’m lucky 🤣
Guys, you haven't missed your emails. I am waiting more than 15 months already. Since May 2022...
Old Aug 25th 2023, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by usvisa
Guys, you haven't missed your emails. I am waiting more than 15 months already. Since May 2022...
this is abnormal and for done reason your case is different or facing a unique delay. The normal turnaround seems to be 6 months. So I wouldn’t suggest others will be waiting 15 months plus.
Old Aug 25th 2023, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by movida
this is abnormal and for done reason your case is different or facing a unique delay. The normal turnaround seems to be 6 months. So I wouldn’t suggest others will be waiting 15 months plus.
I am not suggesting anything to anyone. Just sharing facts. There were many people in fact, waited more than the "the usual" 6 months.
Consulate info has changed from..."6 in some cases up to 8 months" few months ago, to the new... "you application to take up to 9 months". Fact!

And yes, mine is abnormal waiting time, but you don't know nothing about it. It could simply sits in somebodies computer forgotten... But again it's a fact.
I know person who's father still waiting for result after 4 years after interview. Recently received email... bear in mind, after 4 years to provide additional information.
Just examples ladies and gents.
I wish everyone success and great turn out next week Tuesday morning. Wright after bank holiday!

Best wishes
Old Sep 7th 2023, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Has anyone tried checking their status recently, when I checked previously, it always stated refused.... I know it will do this until the magic email arrives. but I was just having a further check, and it is now stating that no data can be found when I check my DS-160 status. they have changed the checking requirements also, asking for more details etc. but I'm a little concerned that it can't find anything? anyone have any advice? have I missed the email?
Old Sep 7th 2023, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Has anyone tried checking their status recently, when I checked previously, it always stated refused.... I know it will do this until the magic email arrives. but I was just having a further check, and it is now stating that no data can be found when I check my DS-160 status. they have changed the checking requirements also, asking for more details etc. but I'm a little concerned that it can't find anything? anyone have any advice? have I missed the email?
mine still says refused. interview 4 Apr
Old Sep 7th 2023, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

you're right! I was thinking it was a bit weird they were asking for additional questions like surname and passport number which they didn't before. Kept thinking I was on the wrong page.
Old Sep 8th 2023, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

you're right! I was thinking it was a bit weird they were asking for additional questions like surname and passport number which they didn't before. Kept thinking I was on the wrong page.
No, you are not.
Old Sep 11th 2023, 12:23 am
Just Joined

McMullen is an unknown quantity at this point

Had my interview on April 24th, are you applying for a renewal or first time waivers?
Old Sep 11th 2023, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by McMullen
Had my interview on April 24th, are you applying for a renewal or first time waivers?
first time.

have you had your response back?
Old Sep 11th 2023, 1:59 am
Just Joined

McMullen is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not heard anything back yet.

Sharing some historic timelines:
- My first time needing a waiver was in 2015, it then took 230 days.
- I've lived in the US since then, with subsequent waivers for visa renewals having ranged around 150 days.

I'm currently at 140 days so am hopeful it'll come through soon, keep this forum alerted when I do.
Old Sep 14th 2023, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Florida88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

so glad that I have found this webpage it’s been really insightful and helpful for me over the last few days.

I had my interview yesterday 13/09/23 at London for a B2 travel visa. I had the interview as I don’t qualify for ESTA due to previous convictions. Sadly I didn’t get the visa I was refused I was given a peice of paper which said I had been rejected due to moral turpitude. However the paper said I had been recommended for a waiver. The official told me I would recieve the waiver as the crime was over 15 years ago, I have a good job, married, no other convictions since etc.
I dont understand though at all because in 2013 I applied for a b2 visa and was successful! I got a 10 year travel visa. I don’t understand why I didn’t get this again? Even longer after the crime

and also, what are my chances of getting the visa? Can it still be rejected after the official has recommended me for the waiver? Is it likely?

any help appreciated , thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.