Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 5th 2017, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

mrkobain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by KTG
Thanks. I just want it over now. Will they take my iPad and phone off me? If they do I assume I will get it back after?
Yes, they will put those in a locker and give you the key, you collect on the way out
Old Mar 5th 2017, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTG
Thanks. I just want it over now. Will they take my iPad and phone off me? If they do I assume I will get it back after?
They might also be asking you for the passwords of the iPad and phone to see what you have on them. Heres a tip remove anything you don't want them looking at before arriving.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 8:35 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
They might also be asking you for the passwords of the iPad and phone to see what you have on them. Heres a tip remove anything you don't want them looking at before arriving.
Thanks for the advice!!
Old Mar 6th 2017, 8:24 am
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Just had my appointment and was in and out within 1 hour.

Started queuing at 7.35am for 8am appointment. 20 people ahead of me. I was allowed my phone and free wifi inside.

Given appointment number V103. Soon realised that the V prefix related to those with conviction as all dealt with at the same interview window.

Ticket V100 called bang on 8am with mine being called at 8.20. Checked all my documents and took finger prints then asked to be seated and wait for my interview.

Again realised that the V codes were all being interviewed by one person. Called for my main interview at 8.45am and was in there for max of 5 mins. Only asked how much me and my husband earned. Did not even ask me for any evidence (I brought loads).

I have a conviction for possesion of class A & B from 15 years ago. Recommend for a 5 year visa. 😀. Not booking anything yet until in my hands! Just going to forget about it now and then see.

After years of deliberation I am so pleased I took the step and came here today.

My advice would be get an 8am appointment and be at the front of the queue.

Thanks to all the contributors to this thread. Without this I would never had the confidence to try.

Will post back again if do get it!
Old Mar 6th 2017, 8:36 am
Just Joined

mrkobain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KTG
Just had my appointment and was in and out within 1 hour.

Started queuing at 7.35am for 8am appointment. 20 people ahead of me. I was allowed my phone and free wifi inside.

Given appointment number V103. Soon realised that the V prefix related to those with conviction as all dealt with at the same interview window.

Ticket V100 called bang on 8am with mine being called at 8.20. Checked all my documents and took finger prints then asked to be seated and wait for my interview.

Again realised that the V codes were all being interviewed by one person. Called for my main interview at 8.45am and was in there for max of 5 mins. Only asked how much me and my husband earned. Did not even ask me for any evidence (I brought loads).

I have a conviction for possesion of class A & B from 15 years ago. Recommend for a 5 year visa. 😀. Not booking anything yet until in my hands! Just going to forget about it now and then see.

After years of deliberation I am so pleased I took the step and came here today.

My advice would be get an 8am appointment and be at the front of the queue.

Thanks to all the contributors to this thread. Without this I would never had the confidence to try.

Will post back again if do get it!
Glad to hear it went ok, sounds like the process has changed since I was there in december, wasn't given any ticket and just everyone que in the same line...just out of interest, did you ask were they recommending you for a visa or did he/she just tell you? I wasn't told on both occasions I went for interview (received 1 year waiver on first occasion), waiting on decision of 2nd application...he just said, "you know the drill" on second occasion 😊
Old Mar 6th 2017, 10:08 am
KTG
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrkobain
Glad to hear it went ok, sounds like the process has changed since I was there in december, wasn't given any ticket and just everyone que in the same line...just out of interest, did you ask were they recommending you for a visa or did he/she just tell you? I wasn't told on both occasions I went for interview (received 1 year waiver on first occasion), waiting on decision of 2nd application...he just said, "you know the drill" on second occasion 😊
Thanks!

To be honest before he had even asked me any questions, I could see the paper on his side already ticked for rejection and a circle round the section recommending a waiver. He had had a good read of everything before I even got to him. I think seeing me face to face was the final formality.

He said "I am going to recommend you for a 60 month visa and it should take about 6 months".😀

Another query regarding pre-clearance at Dublin....

I will be coming from Newcastle with aer linguas with a connection time of 1hr 10mins. I know in usual connecting flights your baggage gets transferred to the next flight but if I go pre-clearance, do they take my bags off so I can identify them and they be checked again. I am a bit confused still!

Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2017, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

In Dublin pre-clearance, assuming your flight is booked all the way through, you won't have to recheck your bags, instead while in pre-clearance they show you a photo of them and ask them to confirm they are yours and if necessary what's inside it etc.

That is a very very short connection time for a long haul flight, let alone with pre-clearance.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 7:01 am
KTG
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
In Dublin pre-clearance, assuming your flight is booked all the way through, you won't have to recheck your bags, instead while in pre-clearance they show you a photo of them and ask them to confirm they are yours and if necessary what's inside it etc.

That is a very very short connection time for a long haul flight, let alone with pre-clearance.
I did email them questioning the transfer time but they said you just get off your first plane and go straight to pre-clearance in a matter of minutes. Makes me nervous though!
Old Mar 7th 2017, 10:38 am
Just Joined

dixiedec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

Just looking for a bit of advice.
Had 2 convictions for possession in 1991, and 1996.
Have had 2 visas since in 2001, and 2005 through the interview and waiver process.
It took a few weeks to come through, both times.
So when I applied in December I thought I was in loads of time for my holiday to Florida at the end of this month, with my kids, now I've grown up!!
They told me then it would take 4-6 months. Well I am 3 months in and my holiday is in 3 weeks.
I have been approved and sent to DHS, which was on 11th January.

Three questions for anyone with experience.
Does it take the full 6 months?
Is there any point in contacting them?
Should I bite the bullet and book another holiday with my kids?

We are all so upset. They were so looking forward to meeting Goofy!!
Old Mar 7th 2017, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by dixiedec
Hello All,

Have had 2 visas since in 2001, and 2005 through the interview and waiver process.
So when I applied in December I thought I was in loads of time for my holiday to Florida at the end of this month, with my kids, now I've grown up!!
They told me then it would take 4-6 months. Well I am 3 months in and my holiday is in 3 weeks.

There's no way of knowing how long it takes, but I would always say that they come back around 6-8 months. Sorry to say.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 10:55 am
Just Joined

westwise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

Unfortunately you won't be travelling to Florida in 3 weeks, I think 18-20 weeks from interview would be the fastest result you could expect, but no guarantees it won't be longer. I think it's time to bite the bullet, can you pay extra to change the holiday with the travel agent ?
Old Mar 7th 2017, 10:57 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

Try to rearrange the holiday for a later date. The waiver process takes much longer now than it used to and you will not have a visa in time to travel to the USA as you had planned. There is no point contacting the consulate either.

In future, don't make plans until after you've received the visa. It will save an awful lot of stress, disappointment and extra expense.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 11:08 am
Just Joined

dixiedec is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Material controller.
My own fault, but I just remembered the few weeks it took in 2001 and 2005.
Can't believe it now takes 6 months.
Oh well, I've told my kids already, and a trip to Thailand instead awaits.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 11:25 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Material controller.
My own fault, but I just remembered the few weeks it took in 2001 and 2005.
Can't believe it now takes 6 months.
Oh well, I've told my kids already, and a trip to Thailand instead awaits.
You can always take them to Florida at a later date. Most visas given to waiver of ineligibility applicants are now valid for 5 years.

Good luck and well done on making the best out of a bad situation.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTG
I did email them questioning the transfer time but they said you just get off your first plane and go straight to pre-clearance in a matter of minutes. Makes me nervous though!
You'll probably have to visit secondary though, but hopefully will be fine. When I did it there was no line in pre-clearance or secondary, so I probably got through in about 20 minutes, although can't remember exactly. You could always fly into Dublin a day early though, it's a great city!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.