Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Sep 10th 2015, 6:10 am
Just Joined

KM34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Think you have to send your passport in, at least that's what my interviewer told me.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately you can't do this.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 11:13 am
Just Joined

lesleyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
I have to ask why, for God's sake, did you book a trip without your husband having the correct documentation?

hi my hubby got his first visa in 1998 he went to the American embassy in London took everything down was told yes he got his visa , then after that one he applied on line and he got a 10 year visa after that , so we thought book our holiday then apply in 2015 for a visa as the other 2 visas was straight forward , NOT realising everything had changed , so we went to London is visa was denied my hubby told them we had booked for this year the bloke who he saw said to him he was putting him forward for a visa ineligibility , he said to him don't worry you will get it back before you go , now im getting panicky , he as emailed them but they cant tell him nothing they just said wait for a email , it can take up to 6 months , so that's the reason why we went and booked not realising all the changes if we had know it was longer than 6 months we would have cancelled and put it off till next year but with the bloke down at the embassy telling him don't worry you will have it before you go in September , we decided to leave it as it is , its pathetic that you cant contact them no nothing , sorry if I sound harsh , but its just with it been a family holiday taking our 4 kids , 1 who is disabled , ive had breast cancer and wanting to take our granddaughter who is 3 , its just getting on top of me now , not sleeping , worrying if it doesn't come ive to go on my own with the kids and brother in law etc , my hubby as already said we have to go no matter what as its a lot of money to lose
Old Sep 10th 2015, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahjaneboyd
... can you take it down in person to make it quicker?
No. Never forget that the US has no interest in whether or not their rules and regulations are inconvenient. The US has no interest in how quickly you want things to happen.

Ian
Old Sep 10th 2015, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Ian - I know you have posted this many times and some people don't go back and read what you have said. Luckily we have no booking for travel as owning our own property we are not tied to dates etc. If any guests to this site are interested in our house (in Florida/Disney etc). Seeing as we are not there, we are happy to hire it to people who have problems. (Don't know if this is allowed on the site) what we are saying is we know some people have difficulties for whatever reason and we have no problem with that. Just ask you respect our house.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 8:11 am
Just Joined

McMullen is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know, when you get the email to send your passport, can you take it down in person to make it quicker?

There seems to be different opinions around this one I can tell, I received my e-mail last Friday and replied to ask if I can come and hand it in to make it quicker. Monday they were closed due to public holiday in the US but I was welcome on Tuesday, handed in my passport and asked if there was any way to get it back swiftly as I'm due to travel within a few day. I received it yesterday (Thursday) morning, from my appointment at the consulate to returned passport in my hand with issued visa less than 48hrs. I would assume this is available to everyone but not sure, or maybe it had to do with that I applied for an L1B visa and not a tourist one. Anyways, I'd reply to their e-mail at least and give it a shot.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by McMullen
There seems to be different opinions around this one I can tell, I received my e-mail last Friday and replied to ask if I can come and hand it in to make it quicker. Monday they were closed due to public holiday in the US but I was welcome on Tuesday, handed in my passport and asked if there was any way to get it back swiftly as I'm due to travel within a few day. I received it yesterday (Thursday) morning, from my appointment at the consulate to returned passport in my hand with issued visa less than 48hrs. I would assume this is available to everyone but not sure, or maybe it had to do with that I applied for an L1B visa and not a tourist one. Anyways, I'd reply to their e-mail at least and give it a shot.

That's interesting! Who did you give it to? The people who let you in to the building?

I think people mean they want to wait there while it's done, or that's how I understood it.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Sarahjaneboyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Email received an hour ago! Just sent passport straight off! Been told it will be sent today & normally takes 7 working days to get it back.
Interview was 2nd March in London -total 27 weeks & 4days to hear back, just over 6 months. Going to Vegas next month
Old Sep 11th 2015, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Congrats on your email, who does it say it's from, I'm still waiting and my interview was 11th February in London.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Great news!
Old Sep 11th 2015, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McMullen
I was welcome on Tuesday, handed in my passport and asked if there was any way to get it back swiftly as I'm due to travel within a few day.
You dropped off your passport at the US Consular Service in London... is that right? If you could clarify, that'd be great!

Ian
Old Sep 11th 2015, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

McMullen is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on receiving the e-mail, I know the great feeling and wish you'll who're still waiting will get there soon!

That's right, I left my passport at the consulate as I was there to pay my reciprocity, I was asked to pay this fee upon submitting the waiver application in January in addition to the other visa application fees but was at the same time informed I could wait until I heard back from the ARO, meaning if they were to reject my application I wouldn't have lost the money for that expense but rather pay it when/if I was approved. Should add I'm no a native UK citizen, not sure if that changes the circumstances at all.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Sarahjaneboyd is an unknown quantity at this point

'No reply U.S visa required more information' was the email subject. The case still says refused online.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

cazz0069 is an unknown quantity at this point

'No reply U.S visa required more information' was the email subject. The case still says refused online.
I got my email last week and my status still says refused. I'm guessing it really doesn't change until the passport is on its way back.

Congrats Sarah.

The endorphins that release when the email comes through is amazing. I was actually at my desk when I saw the email alert so the 5 seconds waiting to open it was a killer.

Tweety, surely your at that point where you could contact them and ask. I would guess all those within regular processing times would get a standard response but since your at 43 weeks surely someone with a bit of intuition might think 'hang on'. Maybe not. I just like to think even the most unenthusiastic employee would be intrigued at why your wait time has been so long.

It's great reading everyone's excitement.
Old Sep 12th 2015, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KM34
Congrats on your email, who does it say it's from, I'm still waiting and my interview was 11th February in London.
Did you have to submit any extra documents?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.