non immigrant visa number!!! help

Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Johnny5isAlive is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: non immigrant visa number!!! help

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Hmm... another MCP, I see. My wife not only kept her name from before she married me, she kept her 1st husband's name - because that was the name under which she received all her degrees and professional certifications. Being comfortably secure emotionally, I have never had a problem with her decision. I suggest you question your motives for wanting her to change her last name to yours.

Ian
cause it would be nice? i'm traditional? yet i do understand and I'm comfortable with it.. love her too much!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

I-130

Address in the united states where you relatative intends to live?
Now do i fill this in or put N/A as i have already filled in on the first place that I am already living at the same address

Thanks...

more questions to come

appreciated
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:51 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Johnny5isAlive
I-130

Address in the united states where you relatative intends to live?
Now do i fill this in or put N/A as i have already filled in on the first place that I am already living at the same address

Thanks...

more questions to come

appreciated
Well - where do you intend to live? LOL Answer the question as it is asked. Sometimes you end up repeating yourself on these forms, but it is what it is. (Remember these forms are used in various scenarios so what might be repetitive to you isn't to someone else.)
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TracyTN
Well - where do you intend to live? LOL Answer the question as it is asked. Sometimes you end up repeating yourself on these forms, but it is what it is. (Remember these forms are used in various scenarios so what might be repetitive to you isn't to someone else.)
thank you, its asking for my address abroad. technically i am no longer liveing there so do i still put it in with the phone number

and the one that really gets me?

If filing for you husband/wife give last address which you lived together? from ----- to....

ambigous to me cause technically I wasn't living here until we got married or do i put the date i got off the plane? or does it matter?
sorry to be asking so many question but i'm sure you guys understand....

please help, my woman works hard and i'm trying to relieve some of the stress by getting organised

thanks in advance

Johnny5

Last edited by Johnny5isAlive; Dec 4th 2009 at 2:03 am. Reason: added more
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:58 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

she hasn't changed her name yet she wants to keep it for a little while as all of her documents and degrees are under it, not to happy but i understand. she will change it with some nagging from me soon.. i'll use her name as it stands.. thanks again

Now don't nag. There is nothing wrong with a woman retaining her maiden name. My daughter has done just that for all her documentation, i.e. license, passport, etc. and uses her married name socially.

Women with degrees that allow them to work in their chosen profession have a difficult time having to change surnames with various official organizations, etc.

Not having your surname does not mean she doesn't love you, or doesn't want to acknowledge your marriage.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Now don't nag. There is nothing wrong with a woman retaining her maiden name. My daughter has done just that for all her documentation, i.e. license, passport, etc. and uses her married name socially.

Women with degrees that allow them to work in their chosen profession have a difficult time having to change surnames with various official organizations, etc.

Not having your surname does not mean she doesn't love you, or doesn't want to acknowledge your marriage.
I'm not going to, I respect her wishes. She wants to change it but not straight away. We are together that is all that counts to me... can anyone help me with my latest questions? feel like i'm nagging you guys... lol
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

*RING*RING*RING*

"Hello, XYZ immigration attorney, how can I help you"
"Hi, I just got married on the visa waiver even though I signed a legal form saying I wouldn't and I need a lot of help filing for my adjustment of status so I don't get booted out of the country and banned"

I see this in your immediate future.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
*RING*RING*RING*

"Hello, XYZ immigration attorney, how can I help you"
"Hi, I just got married on the visa waiver even though I signed a legal form saying I wouldn't and I need a lot of help filing for my adjustment of status so I don't get booted out of the country and banned"

I see this in your immediate future.

This can be done, the lawyer said so I am not stupid.. just using a fine tooth comb to be sure
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

thank you, its asking for my address abroad. technically i am no longer liveing there so do i still put it in with the phone number
Really, just take the questions at face value and write the truth. The forms are used for a variety of scenarios, so some of the questions might feel odd to you, but not to others.

If you no longer have an address abroad, put "none".

If filing for you husband/wife give last address which you lived together? from ----- to....

ambigous to me cause technically I wasn't living here until we got married or do i put the date i got off the plane? or does it matter?
It matters only in that you need to write the truth. If you just got married, and you are currently living together, put the address where you currently live, from the date you started living there, until present.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Really, just take the questions at face value and write the truth. The forms are used for a variety of scenarios, so some of the questions might feel odd to you, but not to others.

If you no longer have an address abroad, put "none".

It matters only in that you need to write the truth. If you just got married, and you are currently living together, put the address where you currently live, from the date you started living there, until present.

Rene
thank Rene you are a big help.. All i was saying is that this marriage was not planned so i am unsure of what date to put in the from box as at first I was a visitor, when was I considered living here? I am not lying at all, I just want to get this right.

Thanks again

Last edited by Johnny5isAlive; Dec 4th 2009 at 2:20 am. Reason: typos
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

This can be done, the lawyer said so I am not stupid.. just using a fine tooth comb to be sure
Yes, it CAN be done but it is technically not allowed and comes with a high level of risk and no guarantees that it will be approved. More risk than I would trust to an internet forum or even an immigration lawyer who doesn't have much experience with AOS from a visa waiver.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Yes, it CAN be done but it is technically not allowed and comes with a high level of risk and no guarantees that it will be approved. More risk than I would trust to an internet forum or even an immigration lawyer who doesn't have much experience with AOS from a visa waiver.
you must be psychic then? know my lawyer? I am just here trying to get information not get shot down by people. I know the risks involved, I am also very confident this is gonna work as the state I am in is not as strict as others. coming from a lawyer with a good record and knowledge of immigration law in this state. I am tired of reading horror stories and what I am doing is completley legal as there was no plans prior to coming here. You are not "supposed" to do it this way. But it is not, My friend, Illegal.. All they will want to know is that we are a real couple which we have so much proof of. Please help me in answering questions and not stating the obvious, Anyone who is on here is in the same preverbial boat and we all know risks..

I am not even worried if they do kick me out, ( which they won't ) she will follow me to England.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:44 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

thank Rene you are a big help.. All i was saying is that this marriage was not planned so i am unsure of what date to put in the from box as at first I was a visitor, when was I considered living here? I am not lying at all, I just want to get this right.

Thanks again
If you have an attorney, why is he not the one filling out these forms?
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:45 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

DR,

Not quite. It is allowed if the alien entered with non-immigrant intentions and then changed their mind after entry.

The OP hasn't enlightened us on that important issue. Nor has anyone asked him about it.

The risk is what the CIS people handling the case ultimately believe his intentions to have been, regardless of what he says his intentions were.

Regards, JEff

Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TracyTN
If you have an attorney, why is he not the one filling out these forms?
we consulted with him, he said that the state we are in are only interested if its a legitimate marriage. we spoke for an hour and decided to do it ourselves as we are short on the money, i have spent 2 days reading and researching and will continue to do so

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.