NJ DMV FAIL!!!

Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of
Default Re: NJ DMV FAIL!!!

Originally Posted by cassia
What do you mean?
There are fights that ain't worth it, dahlin'
Old Jun 1st 2011, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting I got my first DL in NJ 56 years ago and I was thrilled to death at passing. I had only been in NJ for a few weeks from Liverpool. I also nearly jumped the curb because I was not use to the power steering in my friends new car.

It is very important to some people to get a license in the US so as to get a job.

I have driven many millions of miles while working and driving for Greyhound Bus Lines but I think I wouldn't pass the test in England when I return. There is driving for the test and then there is driving in the real world.

I see people in England being imprisoned for careless driving and other driving offences so no wonder the UK prisons are full. Be very careful if you drive in the UK.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 6:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers

I have driven many millions of miles while working and driving for Greyhound Bus Lines but I think I wouldn't pass the test in England when I return. There is driving for the test and then there is driving in the real world.

I see people in England being imprisoned for careless driving and other driving offences so no wonder the UK prisons are full. Be very careful if you drive in the UK.
If you held a UK drivers license, you wouldn't need to take the test again, unless you lost it through points...and at 70 you need a doctors note to say you're fit to drive and might be asked to take a test if you've had certain medical problems.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
If you held a UK drivers license, you wouldn't need to take the test again,
I have never owned a British DL.

I don't think what you wrote is correct because a UK DL can expire. This is what I have read on this forum.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:41 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think what you wrote is correct because a UK DL can expire. This is what I have read on this forum.
UK photo card licenses expire , you just renew the card

You dont re do your test.

The only circumstances I know where you have to retake your test is if you get convicted of certain offenses

You could not drive for thirty years and still be ok to drive as long as you kept up your photo card
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 4:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Then you've got to take the test, from scratch, the silly computer perceptions test, theory and practical.

If you held a license, the card has to be renewed every 10 years because of the photo, but the right to drive doesn't expire.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

What about provisional licenses? I got an old paper provisional one but never took the actual test, do I have to get a fancy new credit-card-style provisional license if I ever move back to the UK?
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 7:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Anian
What about provisional licenses? I got an old paper provisional one but never took the actual test, do I have to get a fancy new credit-card-style provisional license if I ever move back to the UK?
If you never got a full license, you'd have to go from scratch.

If you're talking of a old style paper license that is a full license, then that is good till you're 70, but if you move, you have to get a new license.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

cassia is an unknown quantity at this point

Passed my written test and showed them my British license and never said anything about having an nj license previously. Got an NJ license right away, no road test! Woohoo!

I must admit it did worry me that you can take the written test orally if you can't read...
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 12:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cassia
Passed my written test and showed them my British license and never said anything about having an nj license previously. Got an NJ license right away, no road test! Woohoo!

I must admit it did worry me that you can take the written test orally if you can't read...
Says a lot about driving in NJ. Wait until you see a vehicle reversing down the interstate because the drive's missed the exit.