Living and working in the US

Old Jun 2nd 2011, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

eskimonel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living and working in the US

I currently reside in Canada and I know that I can move to the US on a business Visa with my current business, I appreciate that if we do this then we have to keep that business running for the duration of our stay there no matter how long that is, unless we apply to change the status of our visa whilst down there.
What I would like to know is what exactly happens to the kids when they turn 21 or come out of the education system in the US ?

Any one have any answers it would be appreciated

Thanks

Ian
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living and working in the US

Originally Posted by eskimonel
What I would like to know is what exactly happens to the kids when they turn 21 or come out of the education system in the US ?

Any one have any answers it would be appreciated
They either go back home or find a way to remain in the USA legally (such as getting a student visa).

Rene
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well there's a bit more to it than that.

As for the kids, unless you get greencards on the go, which you can on L1 company transfer, the kids will get greencards. If you don't go for them, then they'd have to sort out their own visas or leave.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I currently reside in Canada and I know that I can move to the US on a business Visa with my current business
What exactly is the visa? There are several types of business visas.

Do you own the business?

Rene
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Yes we own the business, there are a number of different visas that we can get to move down there but none of them have any protection for the kids, it seems to be that when they come out of the education system, unless we can obtain green cards in the mean time (very doubtful as they are only doing asylum ones at the moment) then they have to either carry on in education or obtain a visa covering them for either work depending on what their chosen careers will be or they purchase their own business (probably via me) LOL
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... it seems to be that when they come out of the education system, unless we can obtain green cards in the mean time (very doubtful as they are only doing asylum ones at the moment) then they have to either carry on in education or obtain a visa covering them for either work depending on what their chosen careers will be or they purchase their own business (probably via me) LOL
Once they turn 21, they must leave the US. If they want to continue their education, they will need approved F-1 visas. They can't just "carry on in education" without an approved visa. Further, they can't get any kind of visa while they are inside the US.

Ian
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we own the business, there are a number of different visas that we can get to move down there but none of them have any protection for the kids, it seems to be that when they come out of the education system, unless we can obtain green cards in the mean time (very doubtful as they are only doing asylum ones at the moment) then they have to either carry on in education or obtain a visa covering them for either work depending on what their chosen careers will be or they purchase their own business (probably via me) LOL
Your posts suggest that you've done some research, but I am not sure where.

Why do you think asylum cases are the only green card applications being processed right now? What are the multitude of visas available for your purpose? What 'protections' do you expect/want to be provided to your adult children (age 21+)?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone, but im not being told anything I don't already know but thanks for your time.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 2:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, but im not being told anything I don't already know but thanks for your time.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass!

Ian
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Really.

You asked
... what exactly happens to the kids when they turn 21 or come out of the education system in the US ?
and you were told the answer.

If you already knew the answer why did you bother asking?