NIE for dependents

Old May 27th 2021, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

aloha96746 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NIE for dependents

I have E2 visa and will be applying for NIE to get back to US this summer. Does anyone have any experience with getting NIE for dependents? Do they get it automatically if I get it?
Any advice is helpful

Old May 27th 2021, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIE for dependents

Where are you now and how long have you been out of the US?
Old May 28th 2021, 12:28 am
Just Joined

We are still in US right now and will be traveling to Europe for month and half. I work in infrastructure so I guess I can get NIE I just don't know how about if the rest of the family ?
Old May 28th 2021, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aloha96746
We are still in US right now and will be traveling to Europe for month and half. I work in infrastructure so I guess I can get NIE I just don't know how about if the rest of the family ?
You need to indicate traveling companions on the Embassy form. Dependents shall not inform the overall outcome. Good luck.
Old May 28th 2021, 5:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just checking that you’re aware the infrastructure NIE criteria has been drastically cut back recently? Not sure what you do or what industry you’re in, but do make sure you’re still eligible for one (i.e. you’re not ‘just’ a manager or executive and do have a more critical job).

The quoted time for a NIE is also now 60 days, but as you can’t apply until you’re outside the US, that may cause you timing issues if you only want to go for a month and a half?

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 28th 2021 at 5:21 am.
Old May 28th 2021, 5:40 am
Just Joined

Ok thanks for the update on that!
I have a company for septic systems design, engineering, and installations. Do you think that will be good enough for them?
Old May 28th 2021, 11:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks for the update on that!
I have a company for septic systems design, engineering, and installations. Do you think that will be good enough for them?
Sounds like that may come under the 'waste and wastewater' sector, but it depends on what you do for the company.
Old May 28th 2021, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The quoted time for a NIE is also now 60 days
Can you provide source?
Old May 28th 2021, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

I design systems and after I inspect if they were installed correctly and submit to the county for approvals . I don't know if this will be ok and how to prove it to them do I show them my work?
Old May 29th 2021, 7:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by destone
Can you provide source?
Our lawyers.

But I just Googled and found it on websites. Here’s one - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.n...to-apply%3famp
Old May 30th 2021, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Our lawyers.

But I just Googled and found it on websites. Here’s one - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.n...to-apply%3famp
Ah, this is old news. See my first-hand experience here: Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

I have another roundtrip to the UK coming up just before the 4th of July weekend (10 days in duration). I’ll share my experience in the above-referenced thread.
Old May 30th 2021, 11:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by destone
Ah, this is old news. See my first-hand experience here: Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

I have another roundtrip to the UK coming up just before the 4th of July weekend (10 days in duration). I’ll share my experience in the above-referenced thread.
Do, would be interesting to know the reality. Our lawyers are saying timelines for NIE's have really increased recently now visas can be applied for again.