New photo specs??

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 5:00 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default New photo specs??

Hi all,
Been awhile since I posted anything, but fiancee and I are just about ready to send in the K1 paperwork. I read in a previous post that they changed the photo requirements in March, but after going to the BCIS website, looking at the directions for the 129-f, and doing a search for the info. I can't come up with anything different. Do they still want the ADIT photos (3/4 pose) or are they wanting passport full face style now? We got both taken just to be sure. Any advice or a link that definitively states that they've changed the specs? Any help is much appreciate. Thanks in advance.

~SecretGarden
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3/4 style

The spec for I-129F is the same (3/4), but the specs for the consulates has changed.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 5:22 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New photo specs??

Secret,

Your problem is that you are looking at this, by your own description, as a single process. It isn't. It's a two-step process, and it will help avoid confusion to recognize that fact.

In step one you are not sending K1 paperwork. You are sending an I-129f petition to the BCIS. The BCIS has not changed it's photograph specifications.

In step two, the K1 visa application is sent to the DOS. It's the DOS that has changed their photo requirement for the visa.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hi all,
Been awhile since I posted anything, but fiancee and I are just about ready to send in the K1 paperwork. I read in a previous post that they changed the photo requirements in March, but after going to the BCIS website, looking at the directions for the 129-f, and doing a search for the info. I can't come up with anything different. Do they still want the ADIT photos (3/4 pose) or are they wanting passport full face style now? We got both taken just to be sure. Any advice or a link that definitively states that they've changed the specs? Any help is much appreciate. Thanks in advance.

~SecretGarden
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 5:51 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Secret,

Your problem is that you are looking at this, by your own description, as a single process. It isn't. It's a two-step process, and it will help avoid confusion to recognize that fact.

In step one you are not sending K1 paperwork. You are sending an I-129f petition to the BCIS. The BCIS has not changed it's photograph specifications.

In step two, the K1 visa application is sent to the DOS. It's the DOS that has changed their photo requirement for the visa.

Regards, JEff
Thanks Jeff......
I've been absent for awhile as far as posting goes. We've had to wait about eight months for my fiancee's divorce to come through and have everything in line and just about ready to be sent. Just a momentary bit of panic wondering if we should send different photos in with the application, but now we have our answer! Thanks for the speedy reply! (And don't fret, we know there are two steps....but going through Nebraska, who knows how long it will be to the interview??? *sigh*)

~SecretGarden
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 1:34 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back to SecretGarden and MrPink!
Good luck with your filing

Debbie
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 4:18 pm
The Missus

Default New Photo specs????

Originally posted by dbark
Welcome back to SecretGarden and MrPink!
Good luck with your filing

Debbie
Wow, Debbie, you have got a great memory, being able to link me up with that dodgy Mr. Pink fellow! LOL! Thanks for the warm welcome back.......got another couple of weeks to go before the filing but nothing compared to eight months waiting for the waiting. Thanks again, and we'll talk soon!

~SecretGarden (and Mr. Pink......)
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

mrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit, it's quite wonderful to think that after all these months and months of background reading of other people's posts, we're finally going to join in the great game ourselves!

Just another week or two for the last pieces of the jigsaw to become available, and we too can start our process. How come, when we've got so many months of fear and frustration ahead of us, we're actually looking forward to it???

Watch this space then....

~Mr. Pink (and SecretGarden......)
Old Apr 24th 2003, 2:57 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrpink
I must admit, it's quite wonderful to think that after all these months and months of background reading of other people's posts, we're finally going to join in the great game ourselves!

Just another week or two for the last pieces of the jigsaw to become available, and we too can start our process. How come, when we've got so many months of fear and frustration ahead of us, we're actually looking forward to it???

Watch this space then....

LOL - Location "the wrong side of the pond" - how true!! It echoes exactly how I feel. Kurt and I also had to wait for final divorce papers. Otherwise I feel certain we would be together already. It took five months, and now waiting for the TSC .... seems like too much waiting - but it will be soooooo worth it in the end! By the way - which service center will you be going through?

Debbie
Old Apr 24th 2003, 6:15 pm
vze33hss

in article [email protected], jeffreyhy at
[email protected] wrote on 4/22/03 12:22 PM:

>
    > Secret,
    >
    > Your problem is that you are looking at this, by your own description,
    > as a single process. It isn't. It's a two-step process, and it will
    > help avoid confusion to recognize that fact.
    >
    > In step one you are not sending K1 paperwork. You are sending an I-129f
    > petition to the BCIS. The BCIS has not changed it's photograph
    > specifications.
    >
    > In step two, the K1 visa application is sent to the DOS. It's the DOS
    > that has changed their photo requirement for the visa.
    >
    > Regards, JEff
    >
    > Originally posted by SecretGarden
    >> Hi all,
    >> Been awhile since I posted anything, but fiancee and I are just about
    >> ready to send in the K1 paperwork. I read in a previous post that
    >> they changed the photo requirements in March, but after going to the
    >> BCIS website, looking at the directions for the 129-f, and doing a
    >> search for the info. I can't come up with anything different. Do they
    >> still want the ADIT photos (3/4 pose) or are they wanting passport
    >> full face style now? We got both taken just to be sure. Any advice
    >> or a link that definitively states that they've changed the specs?
    >> Any help is much appreciate. Thanks in advance.
    >>
    > ~SecretGarden
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Jeff,

Could you expand a little on the dept that wants these new specs? DOS? Dept
of security, dept of justice? Sorry, I'm just not sure. Thank you!!

Toria

Old Apr 24th 2003, 6:23 pm
Ron

Department of State.

wrote in message
news:BACDA107.9ABC%[email protected]...
    > in article [email protected], jeffreyhy at
    > [email protected] wrote on 4/22/03 12:22 PM:
    > >
    > > Secret,
    > >
    > > Your problem is that you are looking at this, by your own description,
    > > as a single process. It isn't. It's a two-step process, and it will
    > > help avoid confusion to recognize that fact.
    > >
    > > In step one you are not sending K1 paperwork. You are sending an I-129f
    > > petition to the BCIS. The BCIS has not changed it's photograph
    > > specifications.
    > >
    > > In step two, the K1 visa application is sent to the DOS. It's the DOS
    > > that has changed their photo requirement for the visa.
    > >
    > > Regards, JEff
    > >
    > > Originally posted by SecretGarden
    > >> Hi all,
    > >> Been awhile since I posted anything, but fiancee and I are just about
    > >> ready to send in the K1 paperwork. I read in a previous post that
    > >> they changed the photo requirements in March, but after going to the
    > >> BCIS website, looking at the directions for the 129-f, and doing a
    > >> search for the info. I can't come up with anything different. Do they
    > >> still want the ADIT photos (3/4 pose) or are they wanting passport
    > >> full face style now? We got both taken just to be sure. Any advice
    > >> or a link that definitively states that they've changed the specs?
    > >> Any help is much appreciate. Thanks in advance.
    > >>
    > > ~SecretGarden
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > Jeff,
    > Could you expand a little on the dept that wants these new specs? DOS?
Dept
    > of security, dept of justice? Sorry, I'm just not sure. Thank you!!
    > Toria

Old Apr 24th 2003, 6:26 pm
Ron

Here's a link to DoS photo specs:
http://www.travel.state.gov/photorequirements.html

wrote in message
news:BACDA107.9ABC%[email protected]...
    > in article [email protected], jeffreyhy at
    > [email protected] wrote on 4/22/03 12:22 PM:
    > >
    > > Secret,
    > >
    > > Your problem is that you are looking at this, by your own description,
    > > as a single process. It isn't. It's a two-step process, and it will
    > > help avoid confusion to recognize that fact.
    > >
    > > In step one you are not sending K1 paperwork. You are sending an I-129f
    > > petition to the BCIS. The BCIS has not changed it's photograph
    > > specifications.
    > >
    > > In step two, the K1 visa application is sent to the DOS. It's the DOS
    > > that has changed their photo requirement for the visa.
    > >
    > > Regards, JEff
    > >
    > > Originally posted by SecretGarden
    > >> Hi all,
    > >> Been awhile since I posted anything, but fiancee and I are just about
    > >> ready to send in the K1 paperwork. I read in a previous post that
    > >> they changed the photo requirements in March, but after going to the
    > >> BCIS website, looking at the directions for the 129-f, and doing a
    > >> search for the info. I can't come up with anything different. Do they
    > >> still want the ADIT photos (3/4 pose) or are they wanting passport
    > >> full face style now? We got both taken just to be sure. Any advice
    > >> or a link that definitively states that they've changed the specs?
    > >> Any help is much appreciate. Thanks in advance.
    > >>
    > > ~SecretGarden
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > Jeff,
    > Could you expand a little on the dept that wants these new specs? DOS?
Dept
    > of security, dept of justice? Sorry, I'm just not sure. Thank you!!
    > Toria

Old Apr 24th 2003, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

mrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond repute
Default (drifting slowly off topic)

Originally posted by dbark
LOL - Location "the wrong side of the pond" - how true!!

(minor snip)

By the way - which service center will you be going through?
yes, it's a tough one. I've just flown back to England after a wonderful week with my beloved, and now we're back to typing our feelings to grainy webcam pictures, and lonely beds 4000 miles apart.

My wonderful girl will be compiling all our information to be mercilessly mauled and abused by the boys and girls in Nebraska, so we're digging in for a long wait On the plus side, I have the wonderfully efficient consulate in London handling my side of the deal (it's a two-step process, right?) so it could always be worse!

On a personal note, SecretGarden wanted you to know that she's having extended computer problems at home and is now only able to post messages from work, so although she may have appeared to vanish for a long time she never stopped reading.

Thank you for remembering us, it means a lot actually.