British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Never Let it be Said (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/never-let-said-657966/)

nettlebed Mar 5th 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Never Let it be Said

Y'know, Day77 kind of reminds me of that German snow guy, CoolerKing. Surely I can't be the ONLY one to have seen the resemblance???

tonrob Mar 5th 2010 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Day77 (Post 8396799)
Ok the following is a mini rant, everything below is my opinion and mine alone. I am not saying this to cause problems with anyone or make an issue I am just simply stating the obvious in mind opinion. :frown:

Firstly I am British born and bred in Greenwich, London UK, I moved to Calgary Alberta Canada 3 years ago. I have been through the Immigration, Health Checks, Visa, Passport, Reference's, Education and Qualification paper work to move here and as soon as i got residency I was first out to help and advise people moving here and what was needed and what to expect...

Now some Expats that move to the US, seem to have a big chip on their shoulder. As my wife and I are looking at moving to the States soon, be it via Green card lottery (YES I AM ELIGIBLE, just for all those that will make some "witty" comment about eligibility, or on a H1B which we are looking more into in regards of qualification equivalency.

But over the last 4 months i have read with great detail, genuine questions from people all over England wanting to move to the US but the so called expats that sign up for this forum are not helpful as much ignorant..

When a question is posted about visa's or the person's skill, (directed to the Admins and other people that run this site or senor members) why act like butt munches???

Why do you act like you can't be bothered to answer the question fully or act like your above those that are now trying to move there!! :thumbdown:

You got your green card/work visa or whatever at some point and you went through the works so have a little compassion for those going through it now.

Marry a USC
Get a BA
Find a Sponsor
Transfer through work
Work summer camp

These questions are Valid, and deserve more than "GOOD LUCK, SO MANY PEOPLE APPLY CHANCES ARE YOUR BE WAITING A LONG LONG TIME"

If some of the questions that come on here Wind you up or pee ya off, just leave it for someone else why try to be a Sarky Git!

So for a summery, just remember we all started somewhere, and I’m not claiming to be Mr. Help Everyone But if i have time I DO!! As much as possible.

So NEVER LET IT BE SAID that British people help each other...

Again my option

You write like a child. Are you 12?

Jaxbar Mar 5th 2010 3:14 pm

I really wanted to tell the op to go ***** himself but I respect this forum and try to follow the rules.

From a normally nice helpful poster

chartreuse Mar 5th 2010 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass (Post 8398241)
I really wanted to tell the op to go ***** himself but I respect this forum and try to follow the rules.

I find the term "knobcheese" very useful in situations like that. :D

Jaxbar Mar 5th 2010 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by chartreuse (Post 8398254)
I find the term "knobcheese" very useful in situations like that. :D

Ewwnow I cant get that out of my mind now and I think the term you were looking for was smegma :o

Toontje Mar 5th 2010 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass (Post 8398261)
Ewwnow I cant get that out of my mind now and I think the term you were looking for was smegma :o

Smegma just doesn't sound rude enough.

CitySimon Mar 5th 2010 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Day77 (Post 8397989)
I am so glad i now know where all the ***** hang out...there are alot better forums and place where people give advice and help people that need it, not "CLICK" together like a bunch of <redacted> at school making new comers feel like we have problems...

as for saying AQ....i guess someone needs help..and now for the dramatic exit....

**** YA'll

LOL!!! :rofl: What a dick.

lansbury Mar 5th 2010 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass (Post 8398241)

I tried very hard to follow the rules but this once felt calling him a t***** was called for, and that was the polite version of what I was thinking.

Sue Mar 5th 2010 4:38 pm

Day77,

This is going to be my one and only comment in this thread.

Your opening remarks do a terrible disservice to our members who go out of their way to help others. They've helped people though moving abroad, the good times, the bad times, in sickness, in health, through marriages, divorces, death's, illnesses, triumphs and failures.

As has been suggested to you already, if you have an issue with a particular person/or person's take it up with them privately, or report their posts, or pm myself or one of the mods.

Thanks

nettlebed Mar 5th 2010 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 8398382)
Day77,

This is going to be my one and only comment in this thread.

Sue, I want to thank you for not closing this thread: it is an inspiration and model exchange for newbies...

tonrob Mar 5th 2010 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by nettlebed (Post 8398090)
Y'know, Day77 kind of reminds me of that German snow guy, CoolerKing. Surely I can't be the ONLY one to have seen the resemblance???

It seems so long ago since that prize specimen left us (and I really can't be bothered looking back) but from memory his posts were fairly well articulated - he just talked total bollocks and then got very hot under the collar.

This one though can hardly string a sentence together. Methinks this troll be a kiddy (or at least have the IQ of one).

cosmicjunkie Mar 6th 2010 6:54 am

Well....I'm a newbie and I think this site is cool and you all seem to be very helpful. I mean it's not like you have to sit at your computer answering all our questions. I for one am very grateful :)

Burn1911 Mar 6th 2010 1:47 pm

Take 1 day off to go skiing, and look what I miss - all the excitement always happens on a Friday :(

cindyabs Mar 6th 2010 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Burn1911 (Post 8400487)
Take 1 day off to go skiing, and look what I miss - all the excitement always happens on a Friday :(

That's the pattern. :sneaky:

S Folinsky Mar 7th 2010 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Day77 (Post 8397381)
MY POINT IS LAWYERS WILL SAY WHAT THE THINK YOU WANNA HEAR TO MAKE YOU HIRE THEM.

i have at NO POINT SAID IT WOULD BE EASY WITH OUT A LAWYER but it can be done without one. PART OF THE PROCESS OF MOVING TO THE STATES IS THE ADVENTURE.....UP'S DOWN'S LEFT'S RIGHT'S

Beg to disagree. Take a look a this thread. As the poster stated his problem, the solution was obvious, and is well known. For some reason, that solution was not mentioned -- I have no idea if the facts precluded it, what exactly the chain of communication was [attorney represented company], or perhaps the attorney just had a bad-hair day and missed it.

The point is that the attorney did NOT say "no problem" -- rather, we can't do what you want.

However, you are correct that there is one group of immigration advisors who do precisely what you posit -- those unauthorized to practice law [sometimes called "notarios," "consultants", etc etc.]. Use the search term "janitorial work."