Never Let it be Said

Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Day77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Never Let it be Said

Ok the following is a mini rant, everything below is my opinion and mine alone. I am not saying this to cause problems with anyone or make an issue I am just simply stating the obvious in mind opinion.

Firstly I am British born and bred in Greenwich, London UK, I moved to Calgary Alberta Canada 3 years ago. I have been through the Immigration, Health Checks, Visa, Passport, Reference's, Education and Qualification paper work to move here and as soon as i got residency I was first out to help and advise people moving here and what was needed and what to expect...

Now some Expats that move to the US, seem to have a big chip on their shoulder. As my wife and I are looking at moving to the States soon, be it via Green card lottery (YES I AM ELIGIBLE, just for all those that will make some "witty" comment about eligibility, or on a H1B which we are looking more into in regards of qualification equivalency.

But over the last 4 months i have read with great detail, genuine questions from people all over England wanting to move to the US but the so called expats that sign up for this forum are not helpful as much ignorant..

When a question is posted about visa's or the person's skill, (directed to the Admins and other people that run this site or senor members) why act like butt munches???

Why do you act like you can't be bothered to answer the question fully or act like your above those that are now trying to move there!!

You got your green card/work visa or whatever at some point and you went through the works so have a little compassion for those going through it now.

Marry a USC
Get a BA
Find a Sponsor
Transfer through work
Work summer camp

These questions are Valid, and deserve more than "GOOD LUCK, SO MANY PEOPLE APPLY CHANCES ARE YOUR BE WAITING A LONG LONG TIME"

If some of the questions that come on here Wind you up or pee ya off, just leave it for someone else why try to be a Sarky Git!

So for a summery, just remember we all started somewhere, and I’m not claiming to be Mr. Help Everyone But if i have time I DO!! As much as possible.

So NEVER LET IT BE SAID that British people help each other...

Again my option

Last edited by Day77; Mar 5th 2010 at 5:53 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:18 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Never Let it be Said

Originally Posted by Day77
Ok the following is a mini rant, everything below is my opinion and mine alone. I am not saying this to cause problems with anyone or make an issue I am just simply stating the obvious in mind opinion.

Firstly I am British born and bred in Greenwich, London UK, I moved to Calgary Alberta Canada 3 years ago. I have been through the Immigration, Health Checks, Visa, Passport, Reference's, Education and Qualification paper work to move here and as soon as i got residency I was first out to help and advise people moving here and what was needed and what to expect...

Now for some reason Expats that move to the US, seem to have a big chip on their shoulder. As my wife and I are looking at moving to the States soon, be it via Green card lottery (YES I AM ELIGIBLE, just for all those that will make some "witty" comment about eligibility, or on a H1B which we are looking more into in regards of qualification equivalency.

But over the last 4 months i have read with great detail, genuine questions from people all over England wanting to move to the US but the so called expats that sign up for this forum are not helpful as much ignorant..

When a question is posted about visa's or the person's skill, (directed to the Admins and other people that run this site or senor members) why act like butt munches???

Why do you act like you can't be bothered to answer the question fully or act like your above those that are now trying to move there!!

You got your green card/work visa or whatever at some point and you went through the works so have a little compassion for those going through it now.

Marry a USC
Get a BA
Find a Sponsor
Transfer through work
Work summer camp

These questions are Valid, and deserve more than "GOOD LUCK, SO MANY PEOPLE APPLY CHANCES ARE YOUR BE WAITING A LONG LONG TIME"

If some of the questions that come on here Wind you up or pee ya off, just leave it for someone else why try to be a Sarky Git!

So for a summery, just remember we all started somewhere, and I’m not claiming to be Mr. Help Everyone But if i have time I DO!! As much as possible.

Again my option
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski_Simplified

Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

There is some of that less-than-helpful commenting, for sure (sort of a pack mentality) but I also see a lot of the repsonses from forum members displaying a very British trait -- brutal honesty.

If a brit posting a question here can't take brutal honesty tinged with a hint of sarcasm from another brit, well then perhaps they should examine if they really are British after all. Or perhaps that's why they want to escape chippy Britain and move to glossed-over politically-correct America where brutal honesty gets you wide-eyed stares of confusion and anger.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

I am not asking advice about moving, as stated we are already going through the process, just wanted people that do come on here asking/seeking advice may get anwsers that are more disrespectful that useful.
Thank you!
a REAL BRIT

I am the one with a Union Jack in my Garden YES GARDEN NOT LAWN!!
I am the one who wants PG Tips
I do love a sunday roast
and i will always love Aunt Bessies Yorkshire puddings!!!

Last edited by Day77; Mar 5th 2010 at 6:00 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:33 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Now for some reason Expats that move to the US, seem to have a big chip on their shoulder. As my wife and I are looking at moving to the States soon, be it via Green card lottery (YES I AM ELIGIBLE, just for all those that will make some "witty" comment about eligibility, or on a H1B which we are looking more into in regards of qualification equivalency.

Marry a USC
Get a BA
Find a Sponsor
Transfer through work
Work summer camp

Again my option

Can we have some examples to back up these allegations, please? And illustrate them with how you would have answered them differently.

Last edited by fatbrit; Mar 5th 2010 at 5:41 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few members that tend to be a little sarky' with newbies, but usually there is a helpful informative answer to most intelligent, genuine questions.

A lot of newbies (I mean a lot) just join up to ask the question they feel is important to them...."I want to move to the US in 3 months, where should I live?".... Sometimes the poster genuinely has NO idea what they would have to face to live here. Is it too much to expect that newbies read a few of the relevant threads and do a little of their own research before asking the same thing that has been covered in 100's of threads before?

I really don't appreciate you 'generalising' and sticking ALL the members in the same boat! There are plenty of members that are patiently trying to help the posters that are prepared to 'listen', do some of their own legwork, or will at least accept that it's not that difficult to read back some info that is/has been available to them already.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

1. This is an open forum, people can say what they like, pretty much.
2. There are very easily viewable, detailed guides that answer 99% of posters first question but they can't be bothered to read them. 5 or 6 a week, every week for years of the same thing, it's easy to see why people get annoyed.
3. There is a search function that can be used to find very specific things. 99% of people asking questions don't even bother to do a single search.
4. A huge number of people post the same thing in multiple countries forums with slightly different information in each one. Sometimes the original post turns out to be very misleading and not what they originally presented.
5. Mostly, when people hear the truth and it's not what they want, they get mad and post abuse. That leads to abuse back.
5. I notice you don't mention any of the thousands of posters who have been helped. The person who after some probing questions and help from members found out they were a US citizen. The many, many people who have had help with filing applications. The people who were preparing the wrong paperwork and were pointed in the right direction. The person who wound up in San Diego with a J-1 visa, no place to stay, no job and was thinking about returning home who was helped and found cheap, good accommodation and a fun job within a couple of days of posting their situation.

You're entitled to your opinion but it's kind of blinkered.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Morning EnglishTart,
Please understand that i have not said EVERYONE, i said some expats.
I fully understand that there are people out there to help and advise and pass on there experience and knowledge, however there are "some" that just plain should not be posting replies.

as for Wordfool,
moring to you too. Trust me i understand brutal honesty. But i also understand that The British people are a helpful, honest and get the job done nation. Also people that leave England are not per say trying to escape the "chippy" britian but just want to maybe have change of life, maybe for money, health, love or just the plain adventure of it!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Now for some reason Expats that move to the US, seem to have a big chip on their shoulder.
Which part of that says SOME?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by traceym
Which part of that says SOME?
Now some Expats that move to the US, seem to have a big chip on their shoulder.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:55 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

But that's not a Union Jack - it's a pillow with a Union Flag design.

Anyhoo.... the reality is that it is almost impossible to legally immigrate to the US. Best course of action is to read Pulaski's rules, find the one that you have the highest probability of achieving, and THEN, after researching it, ask questions.

If it was up to me (USC) I'd probably let ya in, but it's not up to me.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Snowbunny,
I'm not saying my wife is american, i'm just saying many people ask about marrying an American.

Yes Union Jack on a Cushion, because the one in the garden is in the garden..
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

as for Wordfool,
moring to you too. Trust me i understand brutal honesty. But i also understand that The British people are a helpful, honest and get the job done nation. Also people that leave England are not per say trying to escape the "chippy" britian but just want to maybe have change of life, maybe for money, health, love or just the plain adventure of it!
I hear you. I've been on the receiving end of some of this forum's sarkiness and brutal honesty since I joined a year or two ago, but some of that I put down to my own dumb or poorly-worded questions. I also quickly saw that there was plenty of sound advice to be had. I just ended up viewing this place as like a pub a few hours before closing time -- plenty of gems to be had but also plenty of good-natured ribbing, shouting and strong opinions.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Oh and Fatbrit,
I am fully aware of the Good advice that people leave, But we are not here to pat each other on the back now are we!
the forum is here to HELP not Hinder people who are looking to move to the States with advice from people that have either done it or is going through it now.
so yes there are many good (pat pat) people on here giving good advice, but there are many on here that give no nonsense crap. as for an example: please take a look over people peolpes history in the VISA section.
Thanks
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Wordfool...

I understand there are some really less then educated quesitons and also repeated question but i guess my comment should be more on how people should learn to say nothing than something, if it isn`t helpful then i guess people should just ignore the question...

I love the Pub example!!! hahahahahahaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.