Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Need some good advice, NVC problems

Need some good advice, NVC problems

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Zenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the rough
Default Need some good advice, NVC problems

I am doing the I-130, I've received my agent form and sent it back(Jan. 3), AOS bill has arrived, sent back, got I-864. I assigned myself (CDN) as the agent.

Here's the problem, my IV bill has not arrived. It was generated Jan. 10, I don't have it. They resent one Jan. 26, I don't have it.

When I spoke to a lady on the phone, she said there was a note stating the first one said "sent to the wrong address" on the file. Then, I sent an email query with my address on it to make sure and I got this back:The National Visa Center has updated your address. Please continue to notify the NVC of any change of address or change in personal situation which may affect the your entitlement to an immigrant visa.
Regards,
National Visa Center
JXS/eac "
The problem is, my address is the same address that they sent the Choice of Agent form to. It has not changed since then.

Then I was informed, my new IV bill was mailed out Jan. 26 FOR SURE the man said, I asked, are you sure it was mailed out, not just generated, he said, yes, positively mailed out, however, when I spoke to another person on another evening, she said, no, it wasn't mailed out, it will be mailed out this week.

I live in Toronto, and getting mail here is not an issue, never has been. I've received every other piece of mail just fine.

We are now behind several weeks and I still do not have the IV bill and I still have no idea when I'm going to get my IV bill.

I'd really appreciate some suggestions, and what do I do should the next bill not arrive. How long do wait for the second one to not arrive?

thank you,