Do I hold the record?

Old Jan 28th 2005, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Cookie Munster is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Do I hold the record?

Do I hold the record for the wait for the security clearance pending. Its been over 13 months for me since security check was initiated.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 8:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I hold the record?

Originally Posted by Cookie Munster
Do I hold the record for the wait for the security clearance pending. Its been over 13 months for me since security check was initiated.

Nope not close. Margaret or someone last year topped her 18 months.

Rete
Old Jan 28th 2005, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

12 months is a long time let alone 18!! Hopefully not too much longer now for you Cookie Munster

How can you check to see if you have been cleared? Also I presume you have been cleared if your AOS interview is already schedule?
Old Jan 28th 2005, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

I think it was 17 months and her case was finalized. So I think i'm holding the record for the people that are still waiting. Wow i feel special.

Originally Posted by Rete
Nope not close. Margaret or someone last year topped her 18 months.

Rete
Old Jan 28th 2005, 8:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whistlestop01
12 months is a long time let alone 18!! Hopefully not too much longer now for you Cookie Munster

How can you check to see if you have been cleared? Also I presume you have been cleared if your AOS interview is already schedule?
Is Cookie talking about the clearance after the visa interview, or the clearance after the AOS interview?

Rene
Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

A security check is initiated when you get your fingerprints done after you file your AOS paperwork.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Is Cookie talking about the clearance after the visa interview, or the clearance after the AOS interview?

Rene
Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Not really, My AOS interview was completed and was successful as per the officer. The interview was a few months after the actualy security check was initiated.

Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:42 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Also I presume you have been cleared if your AOS interview is already schedule?
No, unfortunately not. When we went for our interview in Chicago, after we were sworn in, the first thing the DAO said to us was, "Well, I can tell you right now that I can't approve you today, no matter what you show me, because your security check is not back yet."

Uh.......ok.

So, she then started asking for documentation, and after awhile, tapped something into the computer. The check had come back clear, "Must have been at lunch!" and so we were able to get the approval and stamp that day.

~SG
Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

EmmyUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry... little confused... What's this security check for? Where do you get it from? What does it get you?? Will I have to do this??!

Thanks!

S.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 10:14 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmmyUK
Sorry... little confused... What's this security check for? Where do you get it from? What does it get you?? Will I have to do this??!

Thanks!

S.
S,
I don't know your situation----what petition or visa application are you submitting?

~SecretGarden
Old Jan 28th 2005, 10:16 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

What's this security check for? Where do you get it from? What does it get you?? Will I have to do this??!
I believe they are talking about the FBI security check. You don't get it from anywhere, they do it for you. It gets you a green card. Everyone has to do it (that applies for AOS).
Old Jan 28th 2005, 10:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

A security check is initiated when you get your fingerprints done after you file your AOS paperwork.
Sadegh had his fingerprints taken for AOS in August 2004. I'm anticipating an interview by the end of 2005. My only fear is that his fingerprint validity expires (I've heard it's only good for 12 to 15 months), and that they'll call him in for a new set of prints just before our interview, in which case we may end up waiting even longer for the approval.

Rene <---why so negative today!?
p.s. - if it happens that your fingerprint validity DOES expire, will they notify him to do another set of prints somehow...or is that not something we find out until we're at the interivew and the officer says "uh-oh! Need new prints!"?
Old Jan 29th 2005, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

EmmyUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Okay, I assume AOS is Adjustment of Status... if so, I presume you're already in the US when they do this. Does that mean you can't work whilst the FBI check is pending? 18 months is a long time to wait without working!!

As for my situation, we're waiting for our I-130 to be approved right now, but we're both in England. Therefore I'll get my visa from the US Embassy in London... Will an FBI check be done on me too (I presume so)? Could that delay my visa?!

Thanks!

S.

Originally Posted by Steffi
I believe they are talking about the FBI security check. You don't get it from anywhere, they do it for you. It gets you a green card. Everyone has to do it (that applies for AOS).
Old Jan 29th 2005, 12:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Okay, I assume AOS is Adjustment of Status... if so, I presume you're already in the US when they do this. Does that mean you can't work whilst the FBI check is pending? 18 months is a long time to wait without working!!

As for my situation, we're waiting for our I-130 to be approved right now, but we're both in England. Therefore I'll get my visa from the US Embassy in London... Will an FBI check be done on me too (I presume so)? Could that delay my visa?!

Thanks!

S.
No you can work while waiting as long as you have applied for and gotten an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

As for you, it is yes and yes. Your FBI clearance will be a name check. If there is hit on your name, you will be called in for fingeprints.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all

wowwww, thats a long time!
wish you lots of Good Luck!

Sanna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.