Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Need Help With DV-lottery photo ...

Need Help With DV-lottery photo ...

Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

youssefr00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Need Help With DV-lottery photo ...

Hello all ......
this is my first post here ;asking for help ;i want to apply for the DV-LOTTERY 2010 but i have the photo problem ;if anyone could help me and adjust that photo in the attached file ;i have done it and adjust it to 600 6-00 and 24 bit like they sad ;and still the website reject it .why i don't know ..........
Thanks for all ....
Attached Thumbnails Need Help With DV-lottery photo ...-youssef1.jpg  

Last edited by Noorah101; Oct 16th 2008 at 3:17 pm. Reason: removed email address & adjusted font
Old Oct 17th 2008, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

marielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to all
Default Re: Need Help With DV-lottery photo ...

Originally Posted by youssefr00
Hello all ......
this is my first post here ;asking for help ;i want to apply for the DV-LOTTERY 2010 but i have the photo problem ;if anyone could help me and adjust that photo in the attached file ;i have done it and adjust it to 600 6-00 and 24 bit like they sad ;and still the website reject it .why i don't know ..........
Thanks for all ....

You can do it using Visiolab, Photoshop, Photolab or other software/tool you can find in the internet; if you can't do it ask a friend with some IT skills, I am no expert but if I had the program I could do it easily.

Good luck,

Marie
Old Oct 17th 2008, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

The photo is probably rejected due to the way you have positioned yourself. There is too much of your upper body in the photo and the photo is taken from too far away.

Take a new photo, a bit closer by so that your upper body does not take so much space in the photo and your head is better visible.

The instructions on the website are pretty clear on these things (ie proportions in the photo itself), just make sure you read them fully and understand what it is saying.

Good luck with the photo and the lotery.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

MaryC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by memiek
The photo is probably rejected due to the way you have positioned yourself. There is too much of your upper body in the photo and the photo is taken from too far away.

Take a new photo, a bit closer by so that your upper body does not take so much space in the photo and your head is better visible.

The instructions on the website are pretty clear on these things (ie proportions in the photo itself), just make sure you read them fully and understand what it is saying.

Good luck with the photo and the lotery.
yes, look at the size they need for the face
Old Oct 17th 2008, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

yadaramola is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MaryC
yes, look at the size they need for the face
Hi,

It is no point asking about advice on photos as it a bit technical. Not too sure where about you are in the world, but if you are in the U.K, go to snappy snap they take photos for D.V, but you have to pay I think about £15, which I paid two years ago.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 12:09 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

I know that for the green card photo / passport photo they wouldn't let me wear a white shirt - they had a spare blue shirt the in the UPS store where I had it taken and I had to wear that for the photo
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
I know that for the green card photo / passport photo they wouldn't let me wear a white shirt - they had a spare blue shirt the in the UPS store where I had it taken and I had to wear that for the photo
Thanks a lot for your help .really i'm pleased whit that ...
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:53 am
Just Joined

Really thanks you all of you ....
Old Oct 18th 2008, 2:09 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youssefr00
Hello all ......
Thanks for all ....
Perhaps it would work better if you looked even slightly more excited at the prospect of getting in?
Old Oct 18th 2008, 3:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

more like this
Attached Thumbnails Need Help With DV-lottery photo ...-passportphotosheeta.jpg