Need Advice FAST!

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Lilteapot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Advice FAST!

Can anyone help me here? I have a friend who tried to enter the USA back in 1989, was refused entry in Ireland, due to a criminal record, (drug posession).
He is trying to visit the USA now, for a visit, and was wondering what the possibilities are of entry.
He has renewed his passport as the original one expired back in 1998.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Advice FAST!

He'll need a B1/2 visa....but chances of getting that, people won't be able to tell you without more specific information...but if it's drug charges, it's probably slim to nil.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:34 am
J. J. Farrell

On Aug 23, 10:42 pm, Lilteapot <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Can anyone help me here? I have a friend who tried to enter the USA back
> in 1989, was refused entry in Ireland, due to a criminal record, (drug
> posession).
> He is trying to visit the USA now, for a visit, and was wondering what
> the possibilities are of entry.
> He has renewed his passport as the original one expired back in 1998.

Has he applied for a visa yet? It may take a while, and to be honest
his chances of getting one are low.

Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:15 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
He'll need a B1/2 visa....but chances of getting that, people won't be able to tell you without more specific information...but if it's drug charges, it's probably slim to nil.
Unless the conviction was for 30g or less of marijuana (plant material, NOT resin/hash) his chances are effectively nil.