Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 question - reporting DWI charge

N400 question - reporting DWI charge

Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Clangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud of
Default N400 question - reporting DWI charge

I was reading the application form last night, as I'm getting ready to complete mine and start the process, and it says that you have to list all criminal records.....well I had a DWI (never went to court, didn't lose my license, never paid a fine), about 18 years ago. I don't know exactly what the charge was - do you know how I can find that information out, and should I disclose it.

I think I should disclose it, but need to find the correct charge before doing so, as the form does say about not lying!!

Any help or advice is appreciated - thanks
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: N400 question - reporting DWI charge

One of those forms that is impossible to answer, as far as info on this particular incident you would have to contact whichever authority was involved.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clangers
I don't know exactly what the charge was - do you know how I can find that information out, and should I disclose it.
OT -- I recently had a consultation where person told me had had a long ago DUI and also he had been arrested in the 80's on charges of drug trafficking -- they never told him what it was really about, no charges were ever filed, and he was released with nothing further having spent a long time in jail while the authorities figured out what to do.

A court records check showed the DUI and the prior drug charges with guilty plea and sentence for time served.

MORAL: contact the court clerk of the jurisdiction in which you were arrested and see if anything is there. If so, get a certified copy of the disposition. If not, get a certified letter or certificate of no record.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:35 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, they will have to add a new form question:

"Have you ever been convicted for a crime and served jail time without knowing it?"
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Wow, they will have to add a new form question:

"Have you ever been convicted for a crime and served jail time without knowing it?"
When Joycee worked at an Insurance Agent ...
She was surprised at the number of people who forgot
all their traffic convictions anything up to 20 of them
slipped people minds..

Although having heard her ask a client what car he had
and the reply was a blue one ..its not surprising
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:47 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i had to answer an insurance form once for a claim i was making about a car I had shunted ' what was the make and model of the car involved' - my answer 'a red one'. I have no bleeding idea what make or model it was to this day! I dont notice cars at all!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
i had to answer an insurance form once for a claim i was making about a car I had shunted ' what was the make and model of the car involved' - my answer 'a red one'. I have no bleeding idea what make or model it was to this day! I dont notice cars at all!
LOL I answered the question the same way re. Keith's car shortly after we bought it - I did remember it was a Saturn. But the model? Ummm... a little white one.

Hey, it was a cheap used car, I didn't care what model it is. Still don't know - but it is a kinda cute little thing.