Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 - moving after application submitted - Impact on timelines

N400 - moving after application submitted - Impact on timelines

Old May 9th 2023, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

FUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default N400 - moving after application submitted - Impact on timelines

Hi All,

I just wanted to ask if anyone on this forum has had any experience of changing address after there N400 application has been submitted?

I reside in the greater Miami area and have recently submitted my N400 application form and have a biometrics appointment already scheduled for the end of May. My estimated time until case decision is currently set to approx. 9 months. I have a friend in the area that applied in January and already has his citizenship interview scheduled for next week, which means all in all means 4 months from application to interview. I'm hoping my case will be similarly speedy.

My main concern is that my wife and I will be moving from our current address in early July and Ideally i don't want this to impact on the timelines of my application being processed. We haven't decided 100% where we are moving at this time (could be within Miami still, somewhere else in Florida or a move to a different State entirely).

I know the process is to notify USCIS when changing address but does anyone on here have experience of doing this and how did this change of address impact on your processing timelines? Knowing how fast the process is here in Miami I want to try and avoid any unnecessary processing delays that would be caused by my change of address.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by FUB05; May 9th 2023 at 12:49 pm.