Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 Interview..Cancelled......Again

N400 Interview..Cancelled......Again

Old Dec 20th 2002, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough
Default N400 Interview..Cancelled......Again

Does America not want me as a citizen??

I filed my N400 in Jan 2002, I was fingerprinted in April 2002, had interview scheduled for July 2002. This was " descheduled" due to unforseen circumstances in June, after numreous phone calls and hours of waiting on hold, I finally got to speak to an INS Information Officer, who put me back on the list to be scheduled for interview, 2 weeks later I received another interview letter, this time in Miami Florida on January 29th 2003, the previous appointment was Orlando Florida (a lot closer to home).

Today I have received another letter from the INS saying that due to unforeseen circumstances, my interview in January has been cancelled, and they will inform me of any other action by seperate cover.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on??, I have seen other people in Orlando getting from filing to oath in less than 6 months recently, and it looks like mine is going to be well over a year, that is if they reschedule an appointment and actually keep it.

Also, how long are my fingerprints valid, will I have another problem if my actual interview is more than a year from my fingerprint date.

Please, if anyone can give me ideas as to what is going on, please reply, or if anyone else is going through the same things please give me your experiences.

Thanks in anticipation,

Simon Bland

A UKC trying to become a USC, if they will have me!!!!
Old Dec 20th 2002, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

riblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes this is really frustrating. I had my Oath Ceremony scheduled for January and just received a letter with similar wording to yours that 'cancels' the ceremony.

Have you heard from any others as to how long before further action is taken. Do you know of anyone that got a similar letter and then had some folllow up from the INS??

Thanks
Old Dec 20th 2002, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

sean007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: N400 Interview..Cancelled......Again

This is shocking news to me man. My inerview was scheduled for Oct 23, 2002 and was descheduled for same 'unforseen circumstances' and I'm still waiting for another intervew. I'm i'm really worried that when i do get my interview date again, it can be cancelled again. Did you try talking to the Congressmen?

-Sean

Originally posted by simon bland
Does America not want me as a citizen??

I filed my N400 in Jan 2002, I was fingerprinted in April 2002, had interview scheduled for July 2002. This was " descheduled" due to unforseen circumstances in June, after numreous phone calls and hours of waiting on hold, I finally got to speak to an INS Information Officer, who put me back on the list to be scheduled for interview, 2 weeks later I received another interview letter, this time in Miami Florida on January 29th 2003, the previous appointment was Orlando Florida (a lot closer to home).

Today I have received another letter from the INS saying that due to unforeseen circumstances, my interview in January has been cancelled, and they will inform me of any other action by seperate cover.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on??, I have seen other people in Orlando getting from filing to oath in less than 6 months recently, and it looks like mine is going to be well over a year, that is if they reschedule an appointment and actually keep it.

Also, how long are my fingerprints valid, will I have another problem if my actual interview is more than a year from my fingerprint date.

Please, if anyone can give me ideas as to what is going on, please reply, or if anyone else is going through the same things please give me your experiences.

Thanks in anticipation,

Simon Bland

A UKC trying to become a USC, if they will have me!!!!
Old Dec 20th 2002, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

I emailed him this morning, so you never know, he may be able to do something.

Good Luck with your application
Old Dec 20th 2002, 6:37 pm
No Spam

It's most likely because of this:
http://www.nationalreview.com/commen...lkin111402.asp

I just had my green card interview a week ago, was told that the
application is approved, but the process (and citizenship also) is
halted until further notice while INS is doing internal review for the
problem reported in the article.

--ST

riblue wrote in message news:...
    > Yes this is really frustrating. I had my Oath Ceremony scheduled for
    > January and just received a letter with similar wording to yours that
    > 'cancels' the ceremony.
    >
    > Have you heard from any others as to how long before further action is
    > taken. Do you know of anyone that got a similar letter and then had
    > some folllow up from the INS??
    >
    > Thanks

Old Dec 20th 2002, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the link. It may have something to do with that, altough my first interview was cancelled, long before this came to light. Also I would still expect them to interview first, to see if I pass the test etc, and then carry out more background checks, before the Oath. This sould save them time and money, if I didn't pass the interview. (now I've typed that, I realise how stupid I have been, INS trying to save time and money?......NEVER

Happy Holidays
Old Dec 20th 2002, 10:45 pm

Same here. Got a the oath notice mid- Nov for Jan 17th in Austin, TX
and then "de-schedule" notice Dec. 10th.

My lawyer thinks it'll take another month for more background checks
and had other clients that also got "de-scheduled."

riblue wrote:

>Yes this is really frustrating. I had my Oath Ceremony scheduled for
    >January and just received a letter with similar wording to yours that
    >'cancels' the ceremony.
    >Have you heard from any others as to how long before further action is
    >taken. Do you know of anyone that got a similar letter and then had
    >some folllow up from the INS??
    >Thanks
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 21st 2002, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

DonM is an unknown quantity at this point

As I mentioned in a previous post, my wife went in for her interview on November 20 in Indianapolis. She passed everything and all paperwork was perfectly in place and confirmed, but they told her: "Everything is just fine - don't worry. But because you have a very common last name you'll just have to wait two months for your notice of the oath ceremony. Also, I'm not at a level that can approve applications, so I'll have to give this to my supervisor." I think that the civilian translation for "very common last name" and "give this to my supervisor" is: "We didn't around to completing your FBI check as we promised, now you have to be inconvenienced."
Old Dec 25th 2002, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FILED SEPT 2001

I've gone through fingerprints and interview back in AUGUST of 2002 in which I was told, "You've met the requirements, but we don't have the file yet." 3 months later I got through to the service center to find they still didn't have the file handed over to the district office because, "The 3 official requests by the INS district office were submitted in the wrong format so they went unanswered." The rep said, "The supervisor is taking care of this personally today or tomorrow."

Filed: September 2001

Fee charged for service: $310.00 (260.00 + 50.00 fingerprint fee)

Stage: Finished interview August 2002
2 1/2 hour drive to district office, parking fee $5.00, time in INS building: 4 hours (Filled out new 10 page N-400 file from scratch in the waiting area because "The file should be here before an interview. We don't have the file.")

Information by phone: FILE TRANSFERRED 3 months late. You called us and we noticed the district office has been repeatedly sending official requests to us for the file (1 per month), which we completely ignored because they weren't sending them right. Now, you must wait since you're within the 2 year maximum allotted time frame for us to process your application.

Meanwhile, I just returned from a funeral travelling on a temporary stamp in my passport.

Still waiting..

Hey, I'm thinking about filing an N-644 (Application for Posthumous Citizenship), fee $80.00, for myself. At this rate, I may just be dead by the time they decide to get around to "processing my application."

Last edited by jaytee; Jan 7th 2003 at 5:05 am.
Old Jan 6th 2003, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Default Any Updates Simon?

I emailed him this morning, so you never know, he may be able to do something.

Good Luck with your application
Hey,

I'm following up with you to see if you have any updates on your case. I know you were de-scheduled twice and last message i got from you was that you have sent an email to the congressmen. Any updates since then?

If you recal, my interview for Oct 23rd was de-scheduled as well and since then i've been waiting for another interview call. How long after you recevied your first de-scheduled notice you received the second interview letter?

- Sean
Old Jan 6th 2003, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

I emailed my congressman, who wrote me asking me to fill out a form giving him permission to obtain information about my case, i sent this back to him on New Years eve.

I have also spkoen to TSC after hitting redial numerous times, and then being on hold for 45 mins. I got to speak to an officer, she could not understand what was happening with my case. "Everything looks good, why are they doing this to you" she said.

She confirmed my details and the fact that I had an interview scheduled for August 1st in Orlando and that that was de_scheduled, and that I ahd another appointment in Miami "Why are they sending you to Miami, you should be in Orlando" for Jan 29th that had also been de-scheduled, she then asked my to hold for a moment. She came back after 30 mins and told me she had spoken to a supervisor who was going to call orlando and get them to reschedule me, If I hadn't heard from them in 60 days please call back.

The only way I could get my second interview scheduled, was to keep calling, when I finally spoke to someone they told me that my file was in limbo and they would reschedule. It took about 2 weeks from that phone call to get the interview letter

Sorry this goes on, but you did ask.

Lets hope both our cases see some action soon

Last edited by simon bland; Jan 9th 2003 at 5:14 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2003, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

This is a nightmare!

I emailed my congressman, whore wrote me asking me to fill out a form giving him permission to obtain information about my case, i sent this back to him on New Years eve.

I have also spkoen to TSC after hitting redial numerous times, and then being on hold for 45 mins. I got to speak to an officer, she could not understand what was happening with my case. "Everything looks good, why are they doing this to you" she said.

She confirmed my details and the fact that I had an interview scheduled for August 1st in Orlando and that that was de_scheduled, and that I ahd another appointment in Miami "Why are they sending you to Miami, you should be in Orlando" for Jan 29th that had also been de-scheduled, she then asked my to hold for a moment. She came back after 30 mins and told me she had spoken to a supervisor who was going to call orlando and get them to reschedule me, If I hadn't heard from them in 60 days please call back.

The only way I could get my second interview scheduled, was to keep calling, when I finally spoke to someone they told me that my file was in limbo and they would reschedule. It took about 2 weeks from that phone call to get the interview letter

Sorry this goes on, but you did ask.

Lets hope both our cases see some action soon
Old Jan 9th 2003, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BACKGROUND CHECKS AND BACKLOG

We are all in a holding pattern for background checks. There is an extremely large backlog at the Vermont SC and the District Office.. (and probably all over the country).
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 12:52 am
El.

I got similar cancel letter today in the mail.
This is my timeline for now:
Applied for N-400 March 4th 2002
Fingerprints August 3rd, 2002
Interview date February 3rd, 2003
Now just 10 days before the interview is canceled due to unforeseen
circumstamces (
I applied through VSC.

El.

jaytee wrote in message news:...
    > I've gone through fingerprints and interview back in AUGUST of 2002 in
    > which I was told, "You've met the requirements, but we don't have the
    > file yet." 3 months later I got through to the service center to find
    > they still didn't have the file handed over to the district office
    > because, "The 3 official requests by the INS district office were
    > submitted in the wrong format so they went unanswered." The rep said,
    > "The supervisor is taking care of this personally today or tomorrow."
    > Beautiful system you got there. Love it.
    >
    > Status: Not available at this time
    > Information: File transferred, but you must wait since you're within
    > the 2 year time frame.
    > Meanwhile, I just returned from a funeral travelling on a temporary
    > stamp in my passport.
    >
    > Still waiting...

Old Jan 29th 2003, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, I spoke to the TSC yesterday, and they told me that an interview letter was sent out to me last Thursday. They could not give me the date, just that a letter had gone out.

So here's waiting on the mail (wo)man, to see when my 3rd interview date is and where they are sending me this time

For people that haven't read my initial post, here is my timeline

Jan 2002 Filed N400
Apr 2002 Fingerprinted in Orlando
August 1st 2002-- Interview scheduled in Orlando
Mid July 2002 -- Interview descheduled
Sept 2002 -- Received New Interview Notice for Jan 29th 2003 Miami

Jan 2003 - Interview descheduled
Jan 23rd 2003 Interview letter supposedly sent out by TSC

Good Luck Everyone!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.