Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 Interview..Cancelled......Again

N400 Interview..Cancelled......Again

Old Jan 29th 2003, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

sean007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Simon,

Glad to hear that things are at least moving forward for you. I do not have my exact dates with me but rough timeline follows:

April 29, 2002 Filed N400
May 7th, 2002 finger printed
~Augest 10th, Received interview letter for Oct 23rd
4 days later, received de-scheculed notice.

Called many times to find out whats going on but got the same answer.. WAIT WAIT WAIT.

Talked to congressmen and she sent me information from Immigration Officer stating that nothing is wrong with my case and I was put back in Queue on Sep 30th.

Called CSC every wednesday to find out any progress but same answer. "YOU ARE IN QUEUE SO WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!"

Called today and talked to a very nice officer and she told me that yes I was put in Queue on Sep 30th BUT I was taken out from the queue since I was de-scheduled. So my story took a U turn all of a sudden.

She was nice enough tell me that she was going to call me personally and let me know the progress and she will be transferring my file to an officer whom she knows gets the work done and I should wait 2 weeks before I can call again for any status. She mentioned that I will be put back in queue again.

One other starange thing she told me was that computer shows my finger prints were expired. ?!?!?! hopefully this new officer will look in to that too. Finger prints are good for 18 months she said.

SIMON: could you tell me as to what this nice officer told you over the phone? Based on my experience and knowledge, they can not just give you interview date. They have to put u in the queue and wait 3 months to get interview date. But in your case it was a bit different i see.

Pray for me people!!!

- Sean

Originally posted by simon bland
Well, I spoke to the TSC yesterday, and they told me that an interview letter was sent out to me last Thursday. They could not give me the date, just that a letter had gone out.

So here's waiting on the mail (wo)man, to see when my 3rd interview date is and where they are sending me this time

For people that haven't read my initial post, here is my timeline

Jan 2002 Filed N400
Apr 2002 Fingerprinted in Orlando
August 1st 2002-- Interview scheduled in Orlando
Mid July 2002 -- Interview descheduled
Sept 2002 -- Received New Interview Notice for Jan 29th 2003 Miami

Jan 2003 - Interview descheduled
Jan 23rd 2003 Interview letter supposedly sent out by TSC

Good Luck Everyone!!!
Old Jan 29th 2003, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

The officer I spoke to yesterday, would not give me an interview date just that a letter had been sent. I did receive a letter from my congressman today, saying that the INS Orlando had told him I have an interview on February 25th 2003 and that TSC will write to me, so it seems my interview is Feb 25th, just waiting for official confirmation

I had the same thing as you, was in a queue and then got deshceduled, and taken out of the queue. If I hadn't called back I would still be in limbo

Sounds like you may be moving as well now

Good Luck

Simon
Old Jan 30th 2003, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

Got my letter today. February 25th 11:00am in Orlando

Lets see if I can get interviewed, before they realise what they are doing and cancel me again
Old Jan 30th 2003, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats man. I hope you get through this phase this time. I spoke to my congressmen yesterday and she has sent an email to them to find out whats going on so lets see what happens with my case.

Sean

Got my letter today. February 25th 11:00am in Orlando

Lets see if I can get interviewed, before they realise what they are doing and cancel me again
Old Jan 30th 2003, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, lets hope your congressman can help you

Good Luck keep us posted

Simon
Old Feb 8th 2003, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Just wanted to keep everyone updated with my case.

I had originally received an interview call for n-400 around Aug which was deshceduled. I called called and calllllled many times and I was told that I am in queue, just wait for 3 months.

Well after 4 months of calling I still get the same answer. So I turned to my congressman who was telling me the exact same things.

Well two days ago I just lost it and took it out on my congressman and she told me that she is going to call them this time instead of emailing them and see what is up with my case. So a day after she calles me and told me following:

Nothing is wrong with my file (case). Everything is fine!!! BUT seems like I get kicked out of queue for no reason. It has already happend three times she said. She also said that seems like there is a computer glitch. (Well... that stupid glitch costed me 8 months hello?) She was nice enought to try to schedule me manually. She call me few hours later and told me that my file is being transferred to LA office for manuel schedualling and i should be hearing something from them in 2-3 weeks.

So that was my story! Lets just hope that I get my interview date and get through the interview process without being de-scheduled.

- Sean

Thanks, lets hope your congressman can help you

Good Luck keep us posted

Simon
Old Feb 8th 2003, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sean007
Just wanted to keep everyone updated with my case.

I had originally received an interview call for n-400 around Aug which was deshceduled. I called called and calllllled many times and I was told that I am in queue, just wait for 3 months.

Well after 4 months of calling I still get the same answer. So I turned to my congressman who was telling me the exact same things.

Well two days ago I just lost it and took it out on my congressman and she told me that she is going to call them this time instead of emailing them and see what is up with my case. So a day after she calles me and told me following:

Nothing is wrong with my file (case). Everything is fine!!! BUT seems like I get kicked out of queue for no reason. It has already happend three times she said. She also said that seems like there is a computer glitch. (Well... that stupid glitch costed me 8 months hello?) She was nice enought to try to schedule me manually. She call me few hours later and told me that my file is being transferred to LA office for manuel schedualling and i should be hearing something from them in 2-3 weeks.

So that was my story! Lets just hope that I get my interview date and get through the interview process without being de-scheduled.

- Sean
If the case takes 2 years to process, INS oversight can step in and get your case processed. It shouldn't take longer than 2 years according to the time guidelines.

The main INS office has told me that my file is at the local office and I have to wait. They can't do anything since at 16 months, the processing time is for my application is < 2 years.

You say a "computer glitch" cost you 8 months. If thats true, then you should unofficially subtract that time from the total processing time, because each office has its own time guidelines.
From my own experience, I can tell you it was probably not a computer glitch at all, but more likely just that they sat on your file for a long time and it did not get transferred to the next office at some point. Try to find out where your "A-file" is located and that should give you some clue as to where you are in the process.
Old Feb 8th 2003, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Well according to my congressman, she know exactly who has my file and they called her back and told her that they are transferring my file to LA office to manual schedualling. My congressman will following up with LA Office in a week or so.

Congressmena lady already know who will receive my file so she has already notified that she will be receving my file and what to do with it.

Thats what i was told so lets hope for the best!

- Sean
Old Feb 8th 2003, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Well according to my congressman, she know exactly who has my file and they called her back and told her that they are transferring my file to LA office to manual schedualling. My congressman will following up with LA Office in a week or so.

Congressmena lady already know who will receive my file so she has already notified that she will be receving my file and what to do with it.

- Sean
The unofficial INS n-400 "freeze" was lifted Jan. 10th, but they are still working out the kinks. They have an enormous backlog.

http://www.murthy.com/ukfreeze.html
Old Feb 8th 2003, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

- Sean
Lets hope you get the interview and are not descheduled again. Mine is now only 17 days away, so hopefully I will not get a deschedule letter in the meantime

Good Luck

Simon
Old Feb 9th 2003, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Well guess what! I just got an interview letter in mail as of today. My interview date is for April 2nd. Go figure!

Lets hope that it doesn't get deschedule this time.

What I don't understand is that my congressman called INS last week and I was not scheduled at that time but all of a sudden I'm scheduled. I just don't get it but the good thing is that I got an interview date.

Lets pray that it doesn't get descheduled again. Now where do I find those 100 questions to study? and where can I get the evidence of Selective Service Registeration?

- Farhan
Old Feb 9th 2003, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Well guess what! I just got an interview letter in mail as of today. My interview date is for April 2nd. Go figure!

Lets hope that it doesn't get deschedule this time.

What I don't understand is that my congressman called INS last week and I was not scheduled at that time but all of a sudden I'm scheduled. I just don't get it but the good thing is that I got an interview date.

Lets pray that it doesn't get descheduled again. Now where do I find those 100 questions to study? and where can I get the evidence of Selective Service Registeration?

- Farhan
http://www.murthy.com/100q.html

http://www.sss.gov/qa.htm
Old Feb 14th 2003, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Simon,

I know your interview date is comming up very soon 25th i think right? Please don't forget us here and do let me know your experience. I'll be waiting for you post here that day.

My interview date is April 2nd and hasn't been cancelled yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck.

- Sean

Lets hope you get the interview and are not descheduled again. Mine is now only 17 days away, so hopefully I will not get a deschedule letter in the meantime

Good Luck

Simon
Old Feb 14th 2003, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Don't worry, as soon as I am descheduled again, or as soon as I have had the interview, I will post a thread, even if I fail the Interview.

Good luck in April.

Simon
Old Feb 14th 2003, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Don't worry you won't fail. They already gave you three chances to study hard u know hahaha

Sean

Don't worry, as soon as I am descheduled again, or as soon as I have had the interview, I will post a thread, even if I fail the Interview.

Good luck in April.

Simon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.