N-400 question

Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:26 am
Just Joined

idiatulina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N-400 question

A friend of mine filed N-400 on the basis of 3 years of her marriage, she passed a test, but the officer thought that there was not enough evidence that they live together and requested more affidavits. My question is if the officer does not believe her, this only affects the N-400 application, not the Green Card, right?

Last edited by idiatulina; Oct 16th 2008 at 1:31 am.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:05 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 question

Originally Posted by idiatulina
A friend of mine filed N-400 on the basis of 3 years of her marriage, she passed a test, but the officer thought that there was not enough evidence that they live together and requested more affidavits and to fill out some other form (something 14). What is going to happen if she does not have more documents? Can this affect her Green Card since the officer did not believe that they live together?
What's their story then?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine filed N-400 on the basis of 3 years of her marriage, she passed a test, but the officer thought that there was not enough evidence that they live together and requested more affidavits and to fill out some other form (something 14). What is going to happen if she does not have more documents? Can this affect her Green Card since the officer did not believe that they live together?
What evidence did she present?

Rene
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine filed N-400 on the basis of 3 years of her marriage, she passed a test, but the officer thought that there was not enough evidence that they live together and requested more affidavits. My question is if the officer does not believe her, this only affects the N-400 application, not the Green Card, right?
To answer your basic question, you are correct. Even if the N-400 is not approved, your friend keeps her green card and her PR status.

I think it's interesting that the officer requested more affidavits rather than more concrete evidence that they live together. Especially since she had already included some affidavits already.

Rene