Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

My Passport Taken at the time of my visa Interview

My Passport Taken at the time of my visa Interview

Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Sirisha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Passport Taken at the time of my visa Interview

Hi Admin,
My friend attended F1 visa stamping at US Embassy in UK on December 15th 2009.
During his interview he was questioned about his financial funds and about his brother who is doing his master's in USA. Finally at the end of his interview, visa consulate saw his resume and said technology visas has to go to another step of approval process and it takes 2-3 weeks so, please leave ur passport and we will let u know...

What is this?? is his visa approved??
Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Passport Taken at the time of my visa Interview

Originally Posted by Sirisha
Hi Admin,
My friend attended F1 visa stamping at US Embassy in UK on December 15th 2009.
During his interview he was questioned about his financial funds and about his brother who is doing his master's in USA. Finally at the end of his interview, visa consulate saw his resume and said technology visas has to go to another step of approval process and it takes 2-3 weeks so, please leave ur passport and we will let u know...

What is this?? is his visa approved??
No, his visa is not approved yet. They need to do another step, which could take 2 or 3 weeks (or maybe more). They will contact your friend when they have some news for him.

Rene
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Sirisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply..

What kind of approval is it?? Do u have any idea how the process goes?? Does this happen to everyone??

BackGround Info:

My friend's origin is from India he did his PG in Scotland and applied for Master's in USA.

Last edited by Sirisha; Dec 16th 2009 at 5:29 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sirisha
What kind of approval is it??
Didn't you say it would be for an F-1 visa? That's what kind of approval it would be, if that's what he applied for.

Do u have any idea how the process goes??
No, sorry.

Does this happen to everyone??
No.

My friend's origin is from India he did his PG in Scotland and applied for Master's in USA.
It's fairly common for citizens of certain countries (India being one of them) to undergo further examination (either of the visa application or administrative processing for security checks).

Rene