my family's first visit to the US

Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:19 am
LaCarteraEnLaCocina

Nits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to all
Cool my family's first visit to the US

It feels so nice to have my family (mom, grandma, brother and brother's gf) visit me for the first time! It's making me feel -strangely- more at home in the US.
It's their first time here (I've been in the US for 9 months now) and it feels so nice to show them my new home.

The "i don't belong in either country" feeling is being replaced by the "both countries are my home" feeling.

Anyway, positive post =)

On another note: things with my in-law's are significantly better (I can't find the link for that thread I posted, sorry). Still saving money to move away, though, for the sake of the relationship.

Thanks everyone at BE. It feels nice to know I'm not the only one going through this.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my family's first visit to the US

Originally Posted by Nits22
It feels so nice to have my family (mom, grandma, brother and brother's gf) visit me for the first time! It's making me feel -strangely- more at home in the US.
It's their first time here (I've been in the US for 9 months now) and it feels so nice to show them my new home.

The "i don't belong in either country" feeling is being replaced by the "both countries are my home" feeling.

Anyway, positive post =)

On another note: things with my in-law's are significantly better (I can't find the link for that thread I posted, sorry). Still saving money to move away, though, for the sake of the relationship.

Thanks everyone at BE. It feels nice to know I'm not the only one going through this.
To find your past threads or posts...left click on your username. Click on the top item View Public Profile....left hand side of the page...'Find All posts by xxx' and 'Find All Threads by xxx'

Here's a list of your threads. http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=720304
Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:45 am
LaCarteraEnLaCocina

Nits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to all

thanks Jerseygirl =D
Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Jerseygirl =D
You're welcome. You can click on anyone's username and find their posts/threads.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:52 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad your family is visiting, hope you have an excellent time.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear your family are over and having a good time. Also pleased to hear that things are improving with the in laws....hang on in there
Old Aug 25th 2009, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

It's fun (usually) to have family visit. I'm hoping my Sis is coming over for Christmas this year, unfortunately she was recently laid off, so it's all up in the air right now

Hope your folks have a great visit, how are they getting on with your inlaws?
Old Aug 25th 2009, 3:51 pm
LaCarteraEnLaCocina

thanks

Both parts were very happy to meet each other. Not much conversation though since my mom speaks a very cute but tarzanish English and all my in-law's cna say in Spanish is "hola," "adios" and "hasta la vista, baby"

We've been having a very nice time so far. Best perk: I got home last night, from work, and the house was spotless clean
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Best perk: I got home last night, from work, and the house was spotless clean
You can send them down our way when they're ready!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:35 am
LaCarteraEnLaCocina

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
You can send them down our way when they're ready!
heheh we'll do. I'll tell them it's a free trip to somewhere else in the US