British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   my family's first visit to the US (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/my-familys-first-visit-us-627346/)

Nits22 Aug 25th 2009 1:19 am

my family's first visit to the US

It feels so nice to have my family (mom, grandma, brother and brother's gf) visit me for the first time! It's making me feel -strangely- more at home in the US.
It's their first time here (I've been in the US for 9 months now) and it feels so nice to show them my new home.

The "i don't belong in either country" feeling is being replaced by the "both countries are my home" feeling.

Anyway, positive post =)

On another note: things with my in-law's are significantly better (I can't find the link for that thread I posted, sorry). Still saving money to move away, though, for the sake of the relationship.

Thanks everyone at BE. It feels nice to know I'm not the only one going through this.:rolleyes:

Jerseygirl Aug 25th 2009 1:28 am

Re: my family's first visit to the US

Originally Posted by Nits22 (Post 7872340)
It feels so nice to have my family (mom, grandma, brother and brother's gf) visit me for the first time! It's making me feel -strangely- more at home in the US.
It's their first time here (I've been in the US for 9 months now) and it feels so nice to show them my new home.

The "i don't belong in either country" feeling is being replaced by the "both countries are my home" feeling.

Anyway, positive post =)

On another note: things with my in-law's are significantly better (I can't find the link for that thread I posted, sorry). Still saving money to move away, though, for the sake of the relationship.

Thanks everyone at BE. It feels nice to know I'm not the only one going through this.:rolleyes:

To find your past threads or posts...left click on your username. Click on the top item View Public Profile....left hand side of the page...'Find All posts by xxx' and 'Find All Threads by xxx'

Here's a list of your threads. http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=720304

Nits22 Aug 25th 2009 1:45 am

thanks Jerseygirl =D

Jerseygirl Aug 25th 2009 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Nits22 (Post 7872403)
thanks Jerseygirl =D

You're welcome. :) You can click on anyone's username and find their posts/threads.

cindyabs Aug 25th 2009 1:52 am

Glad your family is visiting, hope you have an excellent time.

lisa67 Aug 25th 2009 2:08 am

Glad to hear your family are over and having a good time. Also pleased to hear that things are improving with the in laws....hang on in there :)

Englishtart Aug 25th 2009 12:43 pm

It's fun (usually) to have family visit. I'm hoping my Sis is coming over for Christmas this year, unfortunately she was recently laid off, so it's all up in the air right now:(

Hope your folks have a great visit, how are they getting on with your inlaws?

Nits22 Aug 25th 2009 3:51 pm

Both parts were very happy to meet each other. Not much conversation though since my mom speaks a very cute but tarzanish English and all my in-law's cna say in Spanish is "hola," "adios" and "hasta la vista, baby" :p

We've been having a very nice time so far. Best perk: I got home last night, from work, and the house was spotless clean

The Horticulturalist Aug 25th 2009 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Nits22 (Post 7874052)
Best perk: I got home last night, from work, and the house was spotless clean

You can send them down our way when they're ready! ;)

Nits22 Aug 26th 2009 2:35 am

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist (Post 7874736)
You can send them down our way when they're ready! ;)

heheh we'll do. I'll tell them it's a free trip to somewhere else in the US