Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

from MSC to NVC to consulate abroad?

from MSC to NVC to consulate abroad?

Old Mar 5th 2003, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Xiomi...

I think I know what is going on... they (at the Consulate) dont put in the information they get from NVC on THEIR computers right away!!! It is so unfair. Why cant they just get to work??

My consolation is that at least we dont have to wait for an interview date. We can just show up!!!

P.S. Best of luck Madgrad, I know everything will go well for you and Valentina. Email me asap!!!

~Claudia
Old Mar 6th 2003, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

xiomi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by claudia13839
Xiomi...

I think I know what is going on... they (at the Consulate) dont put in the information they get from NVC on THEIR computers right away!!! It is so unfair. Why cant they just get to work??

My consolation is that at least we dont have to wait for an interview date. We can just show up!!!

P.S. Best of luck Madgrad, I know everything will go well for you and Valentina. Email me asap!!!

~Claudia

I think you're right. Appearently they don't catch up on their emails on time. I'll wait til next week to contact them again.
I told my husband to show up himself with packet#3 on Monday the 17th. He should be able more answers in person.

Good luck to you!
Old Mar 6th 2003, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really hope that is the case... I wonder how we can check to see when it has been entered.

Does anyone know?

Originally posted by claudia13839
Cindy,

As I understood it, it meant that ALL consulates get the info from NVC electronically. Don't know if it's true, but that is what I was told. Maybe someone else can offer some input on this matter.

~Claudia
Old Mar 6th 2003, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by angeles73
I really hope that is the case... I wonder how we can check to see when it has been entered.

Does anyone know?

Ange,

I called the NVC about 1 1/2 after my approval date. They told me the exact date my info was forward to the Consulate in Caracas, Venezuela: 2/21/03.

Ironically I got in touch with the Consualte yesterday and said they still did not have my husbands info on their system yet. They told me to that they in fact DO receive the info from NVC through email....

SO WHY THE HELL HAVENT THEY PROCESSED IT YET ???

Anyway, they told me to call back in 1 week!!!

~Claudia
Old Mar 7th 2003, 1:58 am
Just Joined

gorgeen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hello everybody

well I have a quick question if anyone can answer it.
we will get the pack 3 from consulate, do we send the consulate mean while any forms or anything at all, or we just take what they need at the interview day. thanks for the input.

gorgeen
Old Mar 10th 2003, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: hello everybody

Originally posted by gorgeen
well I have a quick question if anyone can answer it.
we will get the pack 3 from consulate, do we send the consulate mean while any forms or anything at all, or we just take what they need at the interview day. thanks for the input.

gorgeen

Gorgreen - Contact your embassy to see if your fiance or spouse can pick up the package so you guys can go ahead and get started on it.

Any one have any embassy updates?
I was approved Feb18th and embassy still says they have not received my file. I am sure they received but they just haven't looked at it.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 5:46 pm
todd without nan

toddnan is an unknown quantity at this point

i am downloading the forms for package 3 and doing them for her, and sending them on. if all the forms are identical, to what sshe picks up, she wont have to worry about filling them out.

guess i have plenty of time, as the nvc is slow and stupid as the ins. they really need a web site.. this having to call to see if they have received the approval from the ins is ridiculous.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Black Label is an unknown quantity at this point

xiomi..as u know nvc forwarded my file on Feb 21 to New Delhi and they received it on Mar 03 and they have already sent out Packet-3 with Interview date for April 29. It really didn't take that long for file to get to the Embassy from NVC.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Black Label
xiomi..as u know nvc forwarded my file on Feb 21 to New Delhi and they received it on Mar 03 and they have already sent out Packet-3 with Interview date for April 29. It really didn't take that long for file to get to the Embassy from NVC.

Thanks but hmmm April 29th almost seems like a century away!!!
We are hoping no interview date is necessary with us. At least thats what they told us. Good luck!
Old Mar 10th 2003, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Black Label is an unknown quantity at this point

i know i know..april 29 is still far away, but hey atleast got some kinda date..thats how things are in india..there are so many people trying to get US visa that it causes in delay for the interviews.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by xiomi
Thanks but hmmm April 29th almost seems like a century away!!!
We are hoping no interview date is necessary with us. At least thats what they told us. Good luck!

I feel kind of lucky!!! The Consulate in Caracas, Venezuela confirmed that we DO NOT require an appointment for an interview! We can just show up.

~Claudia
Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

jaycent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: from MSC to NVC to consulate abroad?

Becky, I am in Jamaica as well, and got approved recently. would love to exchange info with you.

Originally posted by Sselvie
MSC JUST APPROVED MY K3 FOR MY HUSBAND. I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING. MY
HUSBAND IS IN JAMAICA. I HAVE THE SORRIEST LAWYER YOU EVER WANT TO KNOW. I'VE
BEEN DOING ALL OF THE WORK. I HOPE WE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 2 MONTHS
BEFORE HE COMES HERE. ANY ADVICE?

BECKY
Old Mar 12th 2003, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

My consulate has still not received our approval.

How long is this going to take?? Has anyone with February MSC K3 approval date had any luck??

:confunsed;

Old Mar 12th 2003, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

jaycent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kingston consulate

our petition was approved on the 24th Feb. My USC wife recieved a letter 3 days later stating that our case was forwarded to the NVC, from where it would be sent to the consulate in Kingston. 2 days ago, my USC wife recieved another letter, this time from the NVC, stating that our case was sent off to the Kingston, and that i could go to the Consulate and get My Packet 3 after 7 days. the letter from the NVC was dated March-5-2003. So today makes exactly a week, shich means, according to the NVC, I should be able to get the packet today. I went to the consulate, but was told that "we dont have your case, sorry, check back in a week"

I've heard of cases where it took over 3 weeks for the Kingston Consulate to "get" the info from the NVC. Contrary to what the NVC said stating that they already have the packet. Theese things are sent electronically, so they should be available for pick-up by the next day it is sent. the NVC says 7 days just to give it a little time. but the Kingston consulate People sit on it for over a month befire they update it in their system. thats my opinion at least.
Old Mar 12th 2003, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by xiomi
My consulate has still not received our approval.

How long is this going to take?? Has anyone with February MSC K3 approval date had any luck??

:confunsed;

Xiomi and Jaycent:

SAME SITUATION HERE!!! Approved on February 12, 2003 and the Consualte claims they have nothing yet!! I also got the same old..."call back in 1 week story"!! I am so upset.

Just hang in there Xiomi, at least we dont have to wait for an appontment date. ;-)

~Claudia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.