Moving to New York from England

Old Dec 10th 2016, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to New York from England

Can we assume this is a legitimate inquiry and mot a troll ? My prediction is that the OP is more likely to end up having a career in Social Work - not on Staten island but somewhere in England. !
Old Dec 10th 2016, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

That she was "forced" to compromise on a degree rather than follow her own conscience clearly indicates that the OP isn't emotionally or financially mature enough to stand up for herself or stand on her own... and therefore isn't yet emotionally ready to immigrate to the US. Further, she'll never be emotionally ready until such time as she can stand up to her parents and take control of her own life.

Ian
Old Dec 12th 2016, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

H Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

It probably doesn't help that you are studying 2 of the 10 worst college degrees to earn!

10 Worst College Degrees to Earn in 2015 - The Simple Dollar

Is it too late for you to change to something more in demand?

Why Staten Island? By far the worst of the 5 Boros and a pain in the ass to get to!

Last edited by H Bomb; Dec 12th 2016 at 1:53 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj6372
I thought I was indecisive, well I am, I think, maybe I should ask someone, no,no I know I am...............thinking about it maybe not.
To be fair she's in her first year of university, she's like 18/19 and it's probably the best time of her life to be indecisive.

She's getting a good education in the reality of how difficult it is to emigrate. The best advice given here was to get qualifications, experience and to carve out a career.