Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Moving my young family to the states

Moving my young family to the states

Old Sep 3rd 2019, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

samcooper86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving my young family to the states

Hi, so me and my young family are in very early stages of discussing moving to USA.

we’re both British born and bred. I’ve been to the states on holiday a few times and we got married in Vegas a couple years back. We now have 2 young beautiful girls, who I believe can have a better schooling and future in the states.

Its been a personal dream dream of mine to live in the states I am however, aware of how difficult it would be for us to make this move. As it stands at the moment I don’t really know where to start. Everything I’ve seen and read so far suggests it’s pretty much impossible to make the move with out employment and/or family links.

any information anyone has will help.

thanks you for your time

sam
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 7:01 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving my young family to the states

check out the readme at the top of this page
REALLY, READ ME: Want to Live & Work in the US?

especially the Pulaski's ways.

bottom line it’s pretty much impossible to make the move with out employment and/or family links or money (lots of money)
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Starting point would be here REALLY, READ ME: Want to Live & Work in the US?

What work experience do you have?
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 7:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samcooper86
Hi, so me and my young family are in very early stages of discussing moving to USA.

we’re both British born and bred. I’ve been to the states on holiday a few times and we got married in Vegas a couple years back. We now have 2 young beautiful girls, who I believe can have a better schooling and future in the states.

Its been a personal dream dream of mine to live in the states I am however, aware of how difficult it would be for us to make this move. As it stands at the moment I don’t really know where to start. Everything I’ve seen and read so far suggests it’s pretty much impossible to make the move with out employment and/or family links.

any information anyone has will help.

thanks you for your time

sam
Welcome to BE Sam.

Take a look through the following link. if you fit into one of the categories, you just may be in with a chance of working and living in the US.

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulas...ork_in_the_USA
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the links. Much appreciated

i am am a qualified cosmetic surface repair technician.
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the links. Much appreciated

i am am a qualified cosmetic surface repair technician.

... which is what exactly ?
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 10:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
... which is what exactly ?
I think he works on damaged furniture, i.e. scratched, burnt, etc. I'm hoping it isn't dealing with human faces
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I think he works on damaged furniture, i.e. scratched, burnt, etc. I'm hoping it isn't dealing with human faces
That's what I thought...... don't think this will qualify for a work visa then....
Old Sep 4th 2019, 4:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete

our work goes far beyond ‘furniture’

thank you

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 4th 2019 at 9:54 am. Reason: Sorry, but you can't direct people to your company - site rule 9
Old Sep 4th 2019, 4:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
That's what I thought...... don't think this will qualify for a work visa then....
what sort of work would qualify? If mine wouldn’t......
Old Sep 4th 2019, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE Sam.

Take a look through the following link. if you fit into one of the categories, you just may be in with a chance of working and living in the US.

thank you very much

Last edited by Noorah101; Sep 4th 2019 at 9:47 am. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old Sep 4th 2019, 9:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

A job/position which requires a degree, and you must have a degree in that field (or enough years of experience to make up for lack of degree).

Rene
Old Sep 4th 2019, 9:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

See the above Wiki link, it outlines the various visas quite well. What about your wife, does she have a degree and a job that may fit in to one of the visa categories?
Old Sep 4th 2019, 9:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Well the name of my company Is <snip> feel free to check it out

our work goes far beyond ‘furniture’

thank you
When you say "my company", do you own the company? If so, and you can keep the UK side of it running after you move to the USA (i.e. you have employees in the UK to run it), perhaps you could look into an investment visa to open a branch of your company in the USA, but it will take money to do so.

You read the links, do any of those paths seem possible to you?

Rene

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 4th 2019 at 10:22 am. Reason: company name removed from quote
Old Sep 4th 2019, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be cars?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.