British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Moving my young family to the states (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/moving-my-young-family-states-927665/)

samcooper86 Sep 3rd 2019 6:55 pm

Moving my young family to the states

Hi, so me and my young family are in very early stages of discussing moving to USA.

we’re both British born and bred. I’ve been to the states on holiday a few times and we got married in Vegas a couple years back. We now have 2 young beautiful girls, who I believe can have a better schooling and future in the states.

Its been a personal dream dream of mine to live in the states I am however, aware of how difficult it would be for us to make this move. As it stands at the moment I don’t really know where to start. Everything I’ve seen and read so far suggests it’s pretty much impossible to make the move with out employment and/or family links.

any information anyone has will help.

thanks you for your time

sam

Zoe Bell Sep 3rd 2019 7:01 pm

Re: Moving my young family to the states

check out the readme at the top of this page
https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-i...ork-us-585898/

especially the Pulaski's ways.

bottom line it’s pretty much impossible to make the move with out employment and/or family links or money (lots of money)

Silverdragon102 Sep 3rd 2019 7:02 pm

Starting point would be here https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-i...ork-us-585898/

What work experience do you have?

Jerseygirl Sep 3rd 2019 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by samcooper86 (Post 12731137)
Hi, so me and my young family are in very early stages of discussing moving to USA.

we’re both British born and bred. I’ve been to the states on holiday a few times and we got married in Vegas a couple years back. We now have 2 young beautiful girls, who I believe can have a better schooling and future in the states.

Its been a personal dream dream of mine to live in the states I am however, aware of how difficult it would be for us to make this move. As it stands at the moment I don’t really know where to start. Everything I’ve seen and read so far suggests it’s pretty much impossible to make the move with out employment and/or family links.

any information anyone has will help.

thanks you for your time

sam

Welcome to BE Sam.:)

Take a look through the following link. if you fit into one of the categories, you just may be in with a chance of working and living in the US.

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulas...ork_in_the_USA

samcooper86 Sep 3rd 2019 7:12 pm

Thank you for the links. Much appreciated

i am am a qualified cosmetic surface repair technician.

SanDiegogirl Sep 3rd 2019 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by samcooper86 (Post 12731147)
Thank you for the links. Much appreciated

i am am a qualified cosmetic surface repair technician.

... which is what exactly ?

Rete Sep 3rd 2019 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12731201)
... which is what exactly ?

I think he works on damaged furniture, i.e. scratched, burnt, etc. I'm hoping it isn't dealing with human faces :eek:

SanDiegogirl Sep 3rd 2019 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12731248)
I think he works on damaged furniture, i.e. scratched, burnt, etc. I'm hoping it isn't dealing with human faces :eek:

That's what I thought...... don't think this will qualify for a work visa then....

samcooper86 Sep 4th 2019 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12731248)

our work goes far beyond ‘furniture’

thank you

samcooper86 Sep 4th 2019 4:46 am

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12731250)
That's what I thought...... don't think this will qualify for a work visa then....

what sort of work would qualify? If mine wouldn’t......

samcooper86 Sep 4th 2019 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12731146)
Welcome to BE Sam.:)

Take a look through the following link. if you fit into one of the categories, you just may be in with a chance of working and living in the US.

thank you very much

Noorah101 Sep 4th 2019 9:51 am

Originally Posted by samcooper86 (Post 12731313)

A job/position which requires a degree, and you must have a degree in that field (or enough years of experience to make up for lack of degree).

Rene

christmasoompa Sep 4th 2019 9:55 am

Originally Posted by samcooper86 (Post 12731313)

See the above Wiki link, it outlines the various visas quite well. What about your wife, does she have a degree and a job that may fit in to one of the visa categories?

Noorah101 Sep 4th 2019 9:55 am

Originally Posted by samcooper86 (Post 12731312)
Well the name of my company Is <snip> feel free to check it out

our work goes far beyond ‘furniture’

thank you

When you say "my company", do you own the company? If so, and you can keep the UK side of it running after you move to the USA (i.e. you have employees in the UK to run it), perhaps you could look into an investment visa to open a branch of your company in the USA, but it will take money to do so.

You read the links, do any of those paths seem possible to you?

Rene

scrubbedexpat099 Sep 4th 2019 4:20 pm

Could be cars?