Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Moving my internet company to the US

Moving my internet company to the US

Old Nov 8th 2016, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

zigglr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving my internet company to the US

My end goal is to move my internet to company to the US. My clientele are located in the UK and USA, however no face to face interaction is needed - everything is done online. Currently it is just me working in the company but I am willing to hire people in the US. Can anyone give be an idea of how much my company should be making / how much I will need to invest?
Old Nov 8th 2016, 8:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving my internet company to the US

Originally Posted by zigglr
My end goal is to move my internet to company to the US. My clientele are located in the UK and USA, however no face to face interaction is needed - everything is done online. Currently it is just me working in the company but I am willing to hire people in the US. Can anyone give be an idea of how much my company should be making / how much I will need to invest?
Unless your circumstances have changed...I suspect the answer will be the same as given in your previous thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...siness-864200/
Old Nov 8th 2016, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My end goal is to move my internet to company to the US.
If it's an internet company, why does it need to be in the US? Answer = it doesn't.

My clientele are located in the UK and USA, however no face to face interaction is needed - everything is done online.
And that's the answer to the question you just asked. You don't actually need to be in the US. I'm going to repeat what I wrote to you more than a year ago: the US has no interest whatsoever in what you want to do.

Can anyone give be an idea of how much my company should be making / how much I will need to invest?
If, in the last year, you couldn't be arsed to look up the answer for yourself, why do you think we'd even want to spoon feed you the information. You said you were studying to be a lawyer... I suggest you hone your Google skills and look it up for yourself. The information is freely available.

Ian
Old Nov 9th 2016, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

zigglr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If it's an internet company, why does it need to be in the US? Answer = it doesn't.

And that's the answer to the question you just asked. You don't actually need to be in the US. I'm going to repeat what I wrote to you more than a year ago: the US has no interest whatsoever in what you want to do.

If, in the last year, you couldn't be arsed to look up the answer for yourself, why do you think we'd even want to spoon feed you the information. You said you were studying to be a lawyer... I suggest you hone your Google skills and look it up for yourself. The information is freely available.

Ian

It doesn't need to be in the US in order to be allowed to move there. Take a look at this company: - they are an internet company and moved from Amsterdam to US, and no they didn't need to be there.

You people seem to just sit on here and put everyone down no matter what. Very sad.

Last edited by zigglr; Nov 9th 2016 at 8:40 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 8:25 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

they are an internet company and moved from Amsterdam to US, and no they didn't need to be there.
No, they didn't. They expanded, and have offices and staff in both Amsterdam and Los Angeles. That's not the same as a 1-man outfit moving to the US.

And they are a marketing company who I bet rely on face to face relationships. Your business, by your own admission does not.

Apart from that, identical situations.

You people seem to just sit on here and put everyone down no matter what. Very sad.
Sigh.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 9:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Since you asked here once before, and now asking again, I'm going to say that by now you should have had at least a one- time consultation with an immigration attorney who can advise you of your best path forward.

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2016, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't need to be in the US in order to be allowed to move there.
Don't confuse you and your company. You're the one who wants to be in the US... you're simply trying to use your company as a means to do it. By your own admission, your company doesn't need to be in the US - therefore, neither do you.

You people...
If you want to denigrate me, fine - bring it on. But don't you dare lump the others under the umbrella of "you people". We people have seen your type many times before... big ideas but an inherent unwillingness to actually learn from what people tell you.

... seem to just sit on here and put everyone down no matter what.
With respect, none of us put "everyone" down. I may think your idea has no merit whatsoever, but I don't actually care enough about you to want to put you down. You really should learn to separate people and things.

Ian
Old Nov 9th 2016, 10:34 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you want to move your company to the US?

For you to move to the US and start a company you'd look into EB-5.....and need $1Million.

A non-resident can incorporate in the US.....but then you'd have to deal with US taxation and why would you want to do that?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

E2?
Old Nov 10th 2016, 4:23 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I know people (me included) that won't always want to do business with a company that is outside of the legal jurisdiction in which they live.
just saying that the OP might actually have a good reason to base himself here. Although in his previous thread he mentioned Canada..... might be a better move since the election!
Old Nov 10th 2016, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I know people (me included) that won't always want to do business with a company that is outside of the legal jurisdiction in which they live.
Fair enough - but if it's an online business and he has a .com address as opposed to a .co.uk address, then no one who goes to the website will know any differently - and he can put whatever information he likes on the website. There are also lots of services that provide a US mailing address and US phone number.

Ian
Old Nov 11th 2016, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

PeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond repute

Canada has an excellent startup visa (very underused) with a quick path to citizenship. I looked into it.

I am a green card holder now working in the USA and I use multiple suppliers in canada.

Could be a lot cheaper and give you quick access to the USA market.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 10:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeterFrank
Canada has an excellent startup visa (very underused) with a quick path to citizenship. I looked into it.
Just to clarify for the OP, it's not a quicker route to Canadian citizenship if PR is obtained via the Start Up Visa route, it's still 4 years of living there as a PR before being eligible to apply. Canada doesn't differentiate when it comes to citizenship (unlike some countries, i.e. the US where LPR spouses of citizens can apply for citizenship sooner than those that have employment based LPR), it's the same for all.

HTH.