Moscow consulate questions:

Old Apr 13th 2001, 6:50 am
JCQualex

Anybody have a recent 129F approval sent to Moscow?

We have been waiting almost 8 months for this fiancee visa crap, and now we are
waiting again for papers to get from Nebraska to Moscow. Some people have told me
it takes 15 days, others say 4 to 6 weeks. Moscow says 4 to 6 weeks, and then a 16
day name check after that. I Emailed the 797 to them, but they will not act until
they get the papers from Nebraska, they say. Our approval date was March 22nd, and
supposedly it was mailed the 23rd. Also, Moscow says they are scheduling
interviews about ten weeks away, so what is this junk with a few weeks I see and
hear about? Currently they are scheduling interviews around the middle of JUNE! By
my figures if they recieve our papers by the end of April, we won't see an
interview until sometime in July! Hey, one more month will make it an even year!
In case any of you are wondering, Nebraska lost our first petition after they had
it in their hot little hands. Naturally, no records or paperwork to prove it,
though. Talked to them on the phone about it, though, to ask some questions, and
they sure had it back then (November). Oh, I asked them why I had not received a
receipt letter yet! Gave me some crap about being so busy and all. After that it
just disappeared. Had to refile in December, and wait another 91 days. I've talked
to few few people about this, but they seem to be exceptions rather than the rule.
Or maybe I am not bribing the right people? Is there a bribery liason between
Nebraska and Moscow? Hey, thanks in advance.

James

Old Apr 13th 2001, 7:20 am
Alvena Ferreira

I'd think more along 4-6 weeks. It can take up to 30 days just for the petition to
make its way out of the service center, and then you have the famous "diplomatic"
pouch (aka, slower'n'snailshitmail). The consulates generally do have busier times in
the spring through fall months, owing probably to the fact that consular personel
have vacations, plus there is an increase in tourist visa and other types of requests
then also, I imagine. The Stockhold consulate, for instance, goes from the normal two
weeks up to 8 weeks for direct consular filing.

alvena

JCQualex wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 13th 2001, 7:30 am
JCQualex

Ah, many thanks, Alvena. I went past frustration a long time ago, and your answer
makes sense to me. I have had several friends that went this route, and one only took
9 days from approval to date set in Moscow! I guess my turn at the plate always gets
the screwball! Anyway, thanks again.

James