More questions about 245i

Old Jan 29th 2001, 10:02 pm
GeorgeY

Hi, I have a friend who is trying to take advantage of 245I to help him stay in US
legally. He is currently working, but company does not know he is out of status already.
He is hoping to find a job and have everything filed before the due date for using 245I
protection. The more I read about 245i, the more questions I have. One attorney he talked
to is going to charge him $4000 for processing fee as soon as he gets a job offer. Is that
a fair price? The attorney told him once he finds the job and have everything filed
properly by the due date, he can stay in US legally, protected by 245i . Even if he got
fired after he gets the protection of 245i, he will always have the legal status staying
in US. The attorney also said this process is totally different from filing H1-B so he
does not bond by the company either. Is this 245Ii really that powerful? If yes, why
foreigner would worry about losing job and get kicked out of US any more? Everyone is
currently in the process of getting H1-B or green card should all get 245i protection.
Please help me to clear all these questions. I would appreciate any kind opinion. Thanks.

=GEO=