Meet Up in D/FW Area?

Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:24 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of
Default Re: Meet Up in D/FW Area?

OMG... there is a good Indian in Fort Worth, the Maharaja! My OH and I frequent it often... in fact I will be going into town later and I am sure I will stop by for a take out!
The address is: 6308 Hulen Bend Blvd, FW, 76132
Don't know how far that is for you, about 40 mins for me. Maybe you should MapQuest it and let me know! If you know of an Indian restaurant nearer to you that would be great... I am all for trying new Indians!!! LOL!

If we can get a few more of us Brits together that would be awesome too!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScillyBrit
OMG... there is a good Indian in Fort Worth, the Maharaja! My OH and I frequent it often... in fact I will be going into town later and I am sure I will stop by for a take out!
The address is: 6308 Hulen Bend Blvd, FW, 76132
Don't know how far that is for you, about 40 mins for me. Maybe you should MapQuest it and let me know! If you know of an Indian restaurant nearer to you that would be great... I am all for trying new Indians!!! LOL!

If we can get a few more of us Brits together that would be awesome too!
The Clay Pit off Belt Line off the 635 is fantastic!!! But that's nearer Dallas and that's about an hour for me, like I said no matter it's totally worth it.
They also do a get in between 5 and 6pm and buy one get one free or half price can't remember exactly, it's the bloody hormones sometimes I go to scream at my son and have a senile moment and I can't remember his bloody name, by the time I remember I can't remember what he was getting screamed at for.
Well I'm off for a shower as I've been busy on here and cleaning house, oh what fun cleaning house is
Why we didn't get a compact little trailer I'll never know. Got to have a mega phone to shout Marc for his tea! Laters
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:18 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
The Clay Pit off Belt Line off the 635 is fantastic!!! But that's nearer Dallas and that's about an hour for me, like I said no matter it's totally worth it.
They also do a get in between 5 and 6pm and buy one get one free or half price can't remember exactly, it's the bloody hormones sometimes I go to scream at my son and have a senile moment and I can't remember his bloody name, by the time I remember I can't remember what he was getting screamed at for.
Well I'm off for a shower as I've been busy on here and cleaning house, oh what fun cleaning house is
Why we didn't get a compact little trailer I'll never know. Got to have a mega phone to shout Marc for his tea! Laters
Sounds good but I would need the physical address... so... we have the place, now the question is, when? Please bear in mind that my OH woks late when he is here so the weekend would be better... if he is away then I am really flexible!
Don't worry about not remembering your son's name... my Dad used to go down the list calling me... Joanne, Simon... TRACEY!!!
I TOTALLY agree about the 'cleaning' thing... we bought a bigger house to ensure that when we had the 'masses' over to visit we would all have plenty of room... brilliant idea at the time... but guess who cleans the place!!! And I know it's daft but I still iron all the bedsheets etc (I mean, who does that anymore)... my Mother has ALOT to answer for!
Compact trailer... hmmm... in tornado country and in this furnace!!! But I agree with your sentiments!
I'll catch up with you later... I have to hang around at home this afternoon because I have a guy coming to give me a quote on kitchen countertops... then off to the city I go! What an exciting life I do lead!!! At least it's not raining anymore!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:14 pm
'mon the cowboys

texas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good but I would need the physical address... so... we have the place, now the question is, when?
I'm up for the one in Hulen, that's kinda half wayish, and would be better most than the Clay Pit.

Is there anyone else in the DFW area who would drive to Hulen (South FW) to have a curry night??
For those in the Big dirty D (Dallas), Hulen is just along the I-30 (about 40 mins from downtown).
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:46 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

Originally Posted by texas_ranger
I'm up for the one in Hulen, that's kinda half wayish, and would be better most than the Clay Pit.

Is there anyone else in the DFW area who would drive to Hulen (South FW) to have a curry night??
For those in the Big dirty D (Dallas), Hulen is just along the I-30 (about 40 mins from downtown).
Sounds great... I'm in for both or either one... LOL
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great... I'm in for both or either one... LOL
Hi again, I'll be with Texas Ranger as he's my hubby!!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:41 am
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

I've only visited D/FW once and unfortunately it lived up to all of my stereotypes, way too many road side chapels, and the place I was visiting for work was in a town called White Settlement. I'm assuming it was named after a guy called Mr. White....So all you D/FW residents tell me something good about the place.....oh I did have some excellent BBQ and the people were very friendly and hospitable, in spite of me being a "pinko liberal"
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
We're in Keller and would be up for meeting up some time.
I'm homesick now - we moved from Keller back in January....and now there are expat meet ups planned!!!!

Have a drink for me
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:29 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

I've been searching the web a little... there is a small group of Brits here called The Dallas & North Texas Brit Club... I have signed on to see what it's like... they meet once a month plus have other events organized.

With saying that, I am still in for a meet up from here, looks like texas ranger and his wife, texas mum are in... anyone else, or are we the only ones interested in a get together?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

EssTxBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nun
I've only visited D/FW once and unfortunately it lived up to all of my stereotypes, way too many road side chapels, and the place I was visiting for work was in a town called White Settlement. I'm assuming it was named after a guy called Mr. White....So all you D/FW residents tell me something good about the place.....oh I did have some excellent BBQ and the people were very friendly and hospitable, in spite of me being a "pinko liberal"
Hi Im a newbee.

I have been here in Arlington ( "Fun central"the signs say) for 4 1/2 years and still love it. I am originally from Loughton in Essex.

White settlement? Not a man named Mr White. the name comes from when this area was inhabited by native Americans, its where the white people settled. The city tried to change it 2 years ago and put it to the vote but the people spoke and it stayed the same. Also home of Lockheed Martin who build the F-16 jet and lots more.

My wife ( a Texan) and i would be up for a meet somewhere, I know there is a "British"pub in Fortworth on Hulen not sure of its name though not far from the Maharaja indian resturant.

Thoughts and prayers to the Brit family in Richardson who had just moved from UK 2 weeks ago.

EB
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've been searching the web a little... there is a small group of Brits here called The Dallas & North Texas Brit Club... I have signed on to see what it's like... they meet once a month plus have other events organized.

With saying that, I am still in for a meet up from here, looks like texas ranger and his wife, texas mum are in... anyone else, or are we the only ones interested in a get together?
If it's the same Dallas brit club I went to avoid it with a barg pole. I was the youngest there by about thirty years!
Not my cup of tea as I'm still a youngster, a very nice bunch of ladies though. Oh forgot maybe I was at a ladies only thingy!!!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:05 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EssTxBoy
Hi Im a newbee.

I have been here in Arlington ( "Fun central"the signs say) for 4 1/2 years and still love it. I am originally from Loughton in Essex.

EB
Ever been to the Indian Restuarant at Fielder and Randol Mill in Arlington? I forget the name but it's pretty good.

The Bombay Bazaar that's next door to it is a good place to stock up on certain British groceries too. Anytime I pick up a curry at the restaurant I run in to to the Bazaar to stock up on proper Weetabix and Ribena.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:40 am
Just Joined

EssTxBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveC
Ever been to the Indian Restuarant at Fielder and Randol Mill in Arlington? I forget the name but it's pretty good.

The Bombay Bazaar that's next door to it is a good place to stock up on certain British groceries too. Anytime I pick up a curry at the restaurant I run in to to the Bazaar to stock up on proper Weetabix and Ribena.
I was told a few years ago that the Indian at fielder and Randol mill is good,the people that told me are Indian themselves so i guess they should know.
I cant remember the name either but i drive by it every day, i will drive into the strip mall tomorrow and have a look.

EB
Old Mar 29th 2007, 3:34 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

Originally Posted by DaveC

RIBENA... oh, I so miss that drink!!! I saw it online but was feeling 'cheap' that day so didn't order it, think it was $8 for a small bottle!!! But I did get my sweetie supply, toffee crisp, flakes, curly wurly's, wine gums!!!

Like I said previously in another post... I don't mind driving to meet up... TexasMum and I have been in touch by PM, (note: thanks for the tip on the Dallas club, I am older, 40 something, but still very much 'young at heart'!) It seems most of you live in the North or Central whilst I am all alone in the South West...
I think we all just have to set a date and place... then go from there. This weekend is no good for me, but anytime thereafter is a Thunderbird go!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

englishinusa is an unknown quantity at this point

There are quite a few Brits in the DFW area.

BTW, another good source of English fodder is ...

http://www.british-emporium.com/

... which is just around the corner from us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.