Meet Up in D/FW Area?

Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:37 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of
Question Meet Up in D/FW Area?

Anyone know of any 'meet ups' in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Is this the right forum? If not, can a moderator move it for me please!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 3:17 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meet Up in D/FW Area?

Y'know, there are quite a few Brits in the Metroplex now but a lot of them seem to be are at the complete opposite side from you. I've been here a few years and I haven't heard of anything taking place. But I have spent most of that time in the British Football Thread so it's entirely possible that there have been meetings and I didn't know about them.

How's Granbury - wet enough for you today?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 3:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There's a few in your neck of the woods, if you sort something out, I'll stick the thread up...there's also a calendar which you can post the event up onto if you sort something out
Old Mar 27th 2007, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Keller and would be up for meeting up some time.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:10 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

We've been in Plano for 4 years, and I still had to look up where Granbury is! Frickin' miles away, you are! Best part of a day's drive

Send a shout out on the board if you get a meet-up sorted out, and we'll try and make the trek out towards your neck of the woods.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

We went through Granbury to go to some Safari park a while back. Granbury is probably about an hour and a half from us in decent traffic. Think the name of the Safari park was Fossil Rim or Ridge. Decent day out a bloody giraffe head butted my car and a zebra bit hubby on the hand, all in all not bad!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:05 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of

Hi There Everyone!
Once a month I go up to north Dallas! I belong to MetroplexMini, yes, had to have a Mini Cooper... and they have a monthly meeting usually around the airport somewhere.
If anyone wants to meet up, I don't mind driving, in fact, I take great pleasure in whipping around the SUV's and trucks!!!

DaveC: It absolutely poured here yesterday, I was trying to finish painting the garage floor... not the best of days to do that!!!

Regards
Tracey
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:05 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

Texas is a big 'country'

I'm in Bryan,TX but I will soon move to California. We have a few expats in Texas. We have family in your neck of the woods in Roanoke. Your about 3 hours away, but so is everything in Texas. My range of choice is over an hour away on the outskirts of Houston. It keeps the gas companies happy though . . .

Originally Posted by ScillyBrit
Anyone know of any 'meet ups' in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Is this the right forum? If not, can a moderator move it for me please!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pony
Texas is a big 'country'

I'm in Bryan,TX but I will soon move to California. We have a few expats in Texas. We have family in your neck of the woods in Roanoke. Your about 3 hours away, but so is everything in Texas. My range of choice is over an hour away on the outskirts of Houston. It keeps the gas companies happy though . . .
Roanoke, is five minutes from me! I love that little place. Not so mad on Babes though and everyone raves about it!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:30 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

I've never been one to worry about driving long distances. I suppose I got used to it living in Alberta, I was an hour away from our nearest city!
There are some things which are worth doing... and to me, meeting up with some 'back home people' is worth it!
The other day I actually said 'fixin'... OMG!
I miss home, but I do love living here though I find the people are a little, how do I say this without offending and stereotyping... shallow?
I feel at times that I am a 'novelty' and am finding it really hard to 'fit in' with the women...

Regards
Tracey
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've never been one to worry about driving long distances. I suppose I got used to it living in Alberta, I was an hour away from our nearest city!
There are some things which are worth doing... and to me, meeting up with some 'back home people' is worth it!
The other day I actually said 'fixin'... OMG!
I miss home, but I do love living here though I find the people are a little, how do I say this without offending and stereotyping... shallow?
I feel at times that I am a 'novelty' and am finding it really hard to 'fit in' with the women...

Regards
Tracey
My sentiments exactly, the sooner we get this meet up arranged the better. I have a feeling you and I have a lot in common already!!!
How long have you been here? Don't worry about fixin it slips out every once in a while with me too!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 3:02 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
My sentiments exactly, the sooner we get this meet up arranged the better. I have a feeling you and I have a lot in common already!!!
How long have you been here? Don't worry about fixin it slips out every once in a while with me too!
Let's DO it!

Some personal info: my OH travels overseas ALOT... so I am often left to my own devices (luckily I am not a shopper otherwise our finances might be in tatters)... usually the house takes the brunt of my restlessness (and I hate cleaning!), or my Cooper (you should see the roof decal - LOL)... I am also a Certified Western Coach, (I have just recently quit showing/competing reining horses) and will be starting to coach students (when I get my work visa) ..., my children are grown and currently living in the UK (now that's hard!!!) I think that's pretty much my life... looks sad looking over what I have typed!

Oh, I moved to Alberta, Canada in 1996. Moved down here in June of 2004.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Let's DO it!

Some personal info: my OH travels overseas ALOT... so I am often left to my own devices (luckily I am not a shopper otherwise our finances might be in tatters)... usually the house takes the brunt of my restlessness (and I hate cleaning!), or my Cooper (you should see the roof decal - LOL)... I am also a Certified Western Coach, (I have just recently quit showing/competing reining horses) and will be starting to coach students (when I get my work visa) ..., my children are grown and currently living in the UK (now that's hard!!!) I think that's pretty much my life... looks sad looking over what I have typed!

Oh, I moved to Alberta, Canada in 1996. Moved down here in June of 2004.
Sounds good!
My OH travelled loads when we were in the UK so that's a major bonus about being here that he comes home every night, er let me re- think that is that good or bad can't quite decide!
You'll have to do all the drinking at the meet up, I'm 23 weeks pregnant with our little Texan Billy Bob and I need to find a baby sitter for Marc 4 well nearly 5. I am a stay home mom I retired in June last year when we moved here, some days I would give anything to swap places with the OH and be able to go to work. I can't see us being in Texas forever (hopefully not) I'd like to experience different states. I love it here but people really do have the blinkers on and are so narrow minded that it's not true. Moving here was like going back in time for me, not particularly good or bad just different.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:56 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

Let's plan a meet, ... when is good for you, and where?
Are there any others who want to join us?

(I will be driving so can't partake in the 'amber nectar' either!)
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Let's plan a meet, ... when is good for you, and where?
Are there any others who want to join us?

(I will be driving so can't partake in the 'amber nectar' either!)
Anytime, anywhere, is that not an ad for Martini?? No sorry seriously you decide, or lets see if we get much feed back and try and get a few more together.
Hubs works with a couple of Brits too that are in the DFW area, they're not members on here (I don't think) but it might be fun to get a bigger bunch together. But like I said just let us know, we're not opposed to driving either, especially if it's for a good curry!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.