Medical scheduling

Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

USGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical scheduling

I'm sorry --
I did a search for this in the forum and still can't find the answer.

Thanks for all the help on my previous thread, by the way.

I, the USC, am applying for an immigrant visa for my husband. We have paid our fees and are in the process of getting a police certificate so that we can send in our forms and documents to the NVC.

Typically, I know, after your case has been marked "complete," you schedule your medical. I'm wondering, though, if my husband HAS to wait.

We need to travel down to London next week anyway to get our daughter's U.S. citizenship and passport approved at the U.S. Embassy. So we scheduled his medical exam for the same day, even though we have yet to send in the visa application or the I-864.

Can we get his medical next week anyway, or should we cancel?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:15 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical scheduling

USG,

For the avoidance of confusion on the part of any lurking newbies - your husband, the foreign spouse of a USC, is applying for an immigrant visa for himself. You, the USC, have petitioned for him to give him a basis for his visa application.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by USGirl
I, the USC, am applying for an immigrant visa for my husband.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Jeff. You make a good point.

Do you happen to know the answer to my question?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:37 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Typically, I know, after your case has been marked "complete," you schedule your medical. I'm wondering, though, if my husband HAS to wait.

We need to travel down to London next week anyway to get our daughter's U.S. citizenship and passport approved at the U.S. Embassy. So we scheduled his medical exam for the same day, even though we have yet to send in the visa application or the I-864.

Can we get his medical next week anyway, or should we cancel?
This confirms what I have read from users on the site; you need your local case number to book the appointment.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...cal_letter.pdf

As you were able to book... the medical is valid for a year, so no worries on that front.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:48 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

USG,

No, I don't, although a search is likely to bring up a thread or two where the question is discussed.

Regards, JEff

Thanks, Jeff. You make a good point.

Do you happen to know the answer to my question?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
This confirms what I have read from users on the site; you need your local case number to book the appointment.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...cal_letter.pdf

As you were able to book... the medical is valid for a year, so no worries on that front.
Yeah, I read that the medical is valid for a year. My concern is that, if NVC hasn't processed my husband's visa application, the London embassy will have nowhere to place the medical exam results. Does that make sense?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:01 pm

USG,

Yes, it does make sense. At this point the consular section in London has no knowledge of him.

Regards, JEff

Yeah, I read that the medical is valid for a year. My concern is that, if NVC hasn't processed my husband's visa application, the London embassy will have nowhere to place the medical exam results. Does that make sense?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:03 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I understand, and you have a valid concern.
Since you are talking about a potential couple of months to interview yet, I would be concerned about the same thing. Especially at the cost of the medical!

There isn't a definitive answer to this. You're going to have to blaze your own trail, or do a lot of trawling to see if anyone else has accomplished this.
The most conservative response is: Wait. If you press me, that's what I would have to say.

Hang tight for a bit and see if any of the other IV people have an idea to add.