Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Justice of the peace refuses to marry mixed race couples

Justice of the peace refuses to marry mixed race couples

Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:00 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Justice of the peace refuses to marry mixed race couples

...but it's ok, he's not racist, it's for the wellbeing of the children, and to save them from the inevitable divorce:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8310509.stm

Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:16 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Justice of the peace refuses to marry mixed race couples

I am sure De Blasio would have a few comments.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi...k.html?showall
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:24 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I am sure De Blasio would have a few comments.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi...k.html?showall
Interesting story, but in this area I don't think it's such a big deal, and I can see why it might be seen as a positive in a region that is very multi-cultural.

I'm half of a mixed race couple, but I've never had to deal with anything really negative. Our kids are very light skinned, and both my wife, and her mum, have both been in situations where other people have been extremely surprised they're not the nanny - that was their automatic assumption, but I wouldn't necessarily think of that as racism. My wife and I do get stared at more than our fair share though.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:28 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
Interesting story, but in this area I don't think it's such a big deal, and I can see why it might be seen as a positive in a region that is very multi-cultural.

I'm half of a mixed race couple, but I've never had to deal with anything really negative. Our kids are very light skinned, and both my wife, and her mum, have both been in situations where other people have been extremely surprised they're not the nanny - that was their automatic assumption, but I wouldn't necessarily think of that as racism. My wife and I do get stared at more than our fair share though.
One of my best friends is black and married to a white dutch girl, they have the most beautiful kids
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:39 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
...but it's ok, he's not racist, it's for the wellbeing of the children, and to save them from the inevitable divorce:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8310509.stm

I just really wonder about the mental processes of some people. The overwhelming majority of black people in Louisiana are light skinned due to the rampant race mixing that has always gone on there.

Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I just really wonder about the mental processes of some people. The overwhelming majority of black people in Louisiana are light skinned due to the rampant race mixing that has always gone on there.

I think thats the problem, they don't have ANY mental process they only see black or white
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

He lets black people use his bathroom
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:50 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I think thats the problem, they don't have ANY mental process they only see black or white
By his logic he really shouldn't let black people marry black people either because they're all mixed race and are going to have more mixed race babies and surely they will be shunned by society. Evil twat.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Just read this story on CNN. I hope he loses his job.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:58 pm
Not here much

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Just read this story on CNN. I hope he loses his job.
He really should, he is effectively claiming that he isn't capable of doing the job.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:58 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
He lets black people use his bathroom
That was so exceptional that he felt it deserved a mention.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

SirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud of

At least they could get married eventually...
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:10 pm
WTF?

It's all bullshit anyway and simple racist code for "white people won't accept them". What he really means is, white people don't like to see other white people marry and procreate with black people. And as we all know what's white is right. Black communities have always accepted mixed race children.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It's all bullshit anyway and simple racist code for "white people won't accept them". What he really means is, white people don't like to see other white people marry and procreate with black people. And as we all know what's white is right. Black communities have always accepted mixed race children.
Not much choice if the plantation owner just raped you.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:18 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Not much choice if the plantation owner just raped you.
Historically the whole creole/caste system of Louisiana (New Orleans specifically) is fascinating and quite complex. It's one of my favorite topics about my favorite place and period of American history. HOWEVER it is past history and there is no place for this nonsense in today's court system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.