Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical / Mental Health Questions.

Medical / Mental Health Questions.

Old Jul 30th 2012, 6:46 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical / Mental Health Questions.

Are two people both posting using the same account? Back in post #25 it was "hubby" having the medical exam, now it's "my".

Very confusing.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by AliciaPhil79
Knightsbridge doctors sent me a copy of my Vaccination Documentation Worksheet.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

MusicMan71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Are two people both posting using the same account? Back in post #25 it was "hubby" having the medical exam, now it's "my".

Very confusing.

Regards, JEff
You mean AliciaPhil79 could be both Alicia AND Phil?!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

AliciaPhil79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry yes both using same account, Hubby did last comment, trying to explain situation
Old Jul 30th 2012, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

However he did miss having his second MMR shots, but again doctors did his and sent back information to Kinghtsbridge. Check with Knightsbridge Doctors if all ok today and they said file has been sent to US Embassy and nothing to hold visa up.

One question I did have for them was:

On the medical form is the Td is listed as insufficient time interval (every 10 years). Will he need to fill out an medical waiver form? is this normal? and will this hold my visa up?
At the front desk, did they explain the vaccination worksheet? How in the bottom (Section 2, Results) they always tick Vaccine History incomplete since boosters at low-middle ages will always be required?

The tick for: "may be eligible for a blanket waiver" for every 10 years was something I had too; they told me not to worry about it and that nothing needed to be done.

The same with the MMR; I had the second shot scheduled for 2 days later, but the physician had no way of knowing that for sure; the form was still signed off.
I recall a post by either Jeff or one of the Ian's stating that you only needed the first shot of a multi-shot course... that does indeed seem to be the case.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Knightsbridge doctors sent me a copy of my Vaccination Documentation Worksheet.

In the section Vaccine - Td date received 04.04.12 but in the tick is in the section marked "blanket waiver's to be requested if vaccination not medically appropraite, check suitable box(s). Then in the comment area is the tick saying I had it and in bracets is (every 10 years).

So my question is what is this blanket waiver? will it hold up my interview for US green card? and is it going to be a problem at interview?
If I understand this correctly (from a brief chat with the nurse while she was giving me a TDap booster) nobody ever has a complete vaccination history, because everybody needs a booster of certain vaccines. Because you (and everyone else) is due another shot, your (our) vaccinations are not complete. Because it's not due for another 10 years, it would be medically inappropriate to have it now. Hence the blanket waiver for 'vaccination not medically appropriate'. It shouldn't hold anything up.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

AliciaPhil79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok now I understand, thank you all for puttingm y mind to rest.

So much worry over this visa and stress. Now all the stressing I got left is the interview and weather they give me the Visa or not.

Would think its pretty hard to fail at this late stage unless you have the wrong documents or dont have paperwork at the time etc?
Old Jul 30th 2012, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ok now I understand, thank you all for puttingm y mind to rest.

So much worry over this visa and stress. Now all the stressing I got left is the interview and weather they give me the Visa or not.

Would think its pretty hard to fail at this late stage unless you have the wrong documents or dont have paperwork at the time etc?
I think that causes more of a delay than a failure.
With the right documents in tow, it's about being honest with your answers at the interview I feel.
If they do it in the manner of when we registered our childrens' birth at the embassy; they are incredibly skilled in seeking the answers they want through small-talk. You don't even realise you're being interviewed and they get honest answers in that manner.

It was very impressive to see to be honest.

I would imagine that it would take quite a lot for then to grill you deeper on the validity of your marriage, but it can happen as far as I know. The same as when you enter the US on your IV. They can still turn you around at that point if they feel you shouldn't be there!

Have faith and try to relax (who am I kidding I've never done the interview?! ) - honesty should prevail and you guys looked like a happily married family unit to me.

All the best,
MM