Medical Exams

Old Feb 12th 2001, 3:14 pm
daddyminkie

I had a TB tests done to me before. It showed positive, however, I remembered when I was a
child, I have TB immunization done. That could be the reason why the test showed positive.
The problem is, I have no documentation to show that I have the TB immunization.

To make long story short, they took an X-ray of my chest (lungs). The result shows that
everything is normal; there is no sign of damage at all. Then they put me on the TB
medication and at the end, they gave me a little certificate saying that I finished the
treatment for TB.

Now, the point is:
1) Will this create a problem with the medical check up that I'll have to go through for
adjustment of Status?
2) Could I show the certificate to proof that I already have the whole TB thing done?
3) Will this positive TB test have negative impact on my Conditional Greencard approval?

Thanks for answering my Questions.

A.W.

Old Feb 12th 2001, 3:19 pm
daddyminkie

Bear in mind that the earlier The TB test was done (2 years ago) for the purposes of my
F-1 student visa. I know I might have to go through another TB test come Medical Exams for
my Conditional Greencard.

Old Feb 12th 2001, 3:28 pm
Andy Platt

Yes you'll have another TB test. Make sure they know you have previously had a false
positive skin test (I did too - probably for the same reason as you) because they
shouldn't give you the skin test again. They'll just get you to have the X-Ray again
probably. I didn't go through the course of medicine - it's completely optional,
there's no real benefit unless you are at risk for TB and there are considerable
possible side effects.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

> Bear in mind that the earlier The TB test was done (2 years ago) for the purposes of my
> F-1 student visa. I know I might have to go through
another TB
> test come Medical Exams for my Conditional Greencard.