Lost Job and AOS Inteview

Old Jul 6th 2001, 10:05 pm
Gina

I have a question for you all and I was wondering if anyone could answer my question.
I am in San Antonio,Texas and In September, 2000, I filed for a green card for my
husband who was previously on an H1-B visa. He was never out of status so I didn't
get a lawyer since it seemed to be pretty straight forward.

Anyway, we just got called for fingerprinting at the end of the month (July 2001). My
question is if anyone knows how long it will take until the interview takes place. I
lost my job recently and I'm afraid that if it is soon, I'll be unemployed for the
interview. I have made over the 125% poverty line this year already and my husband
makes $50,000/yr with his EAD. Will this be a problem? Should I postpone the
fingerprinting? Please help!

Old Jul 7th 2001, 12:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You should be fine. Your husband is entitled to use his income on the I-864 when you go for the interview. You complete I-864 as a US citizen and he would complete I-864A as the spouse since he has lived in the household for six months or more.

Rita