Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Long Birth Certificate and Vaccinations

Long Birth Certificate and Vaccinations

Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long Birth Certificate and Vaccinations

We are in the US on an L1 visa and my company want us apply for a green card. I notice on the application form it asks for long birth certifcates for the family. My wife is adopted and does not have this and we have lost my daughters - is this a "real" requirement or can we send the short one ?

Also has anyone else had fun and games trying to understand the vaccination requirements ? our UK medical records are really confusing - should we have all the jabs again (can you ) or do they check at the medical ?
Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:38 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Birth Certificate and Vaccinations

The instructions expressly state that the short form is not acceptable, I'm afraid. You can apply for a long certificate for your daughter from the registrar where you registered the birth. In our case, we were able to do it over the phone (cost GBP 7, and they took credit cards).

I expect your wife has adoption papers which list whatever details of her birth that are known?

Can't help re. the vaccinations - sorry.