Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

London Embassy. Interview date expedite granted - what next?

London Embassy. Interview date expedite granted - what next?

Old Sep 2nd 2011, 7:09 am
Just Joined

HighlandScott is a jewel in the roughHighlandScott is a jewel in the roughHighlandScott is a jewel in the roughHighlandScott is a jewel in the rough

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-4/10.0.020; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.18124)

Yesterday I emailed NVC a request for an expedited interview date; tonight when I called NVC they advised that they had heard back from the London Embassy that the request had been approved. When I started this process I never imagined I'd be making any such request, but a genuine medical emergency has arisen and if we can save even a couple of weeks by this, it can make a big difference.All the NVC could tell me was that there is nothing more they will do with our case, that it's up to the Embassy now. Does anyone know the process for a situation like this? I know the case is being sent to London- will the Embassy contact the Beneficiary directly? How is the interview scheduled? Does anyone know if these expedites, once granted, really do make a difference in time... or not? I imagine if I tried to call the Embassy to find out how the process works, they'd not be able to tell me anything as they don't have the case yet. Will probably try calling anyway!↲↲
If anyone has any experience with something like this, please let me know