L1A VISA to Greencard

Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice
Default L1A VISA to Greencard

I am over here on a L1A visa and my family on L2s. We applied for a greencard in July last year and had our biometrics last week.
Does anyone have a ballpark figure as to how long it takes to get from the biometrics stage to obtaining the greencard?
This is L1A to greencard so I think the Dept of Labor stage is skipped.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1A VISA to Greencard

Originally Posted by 2point4
Does anyone have a ballpark figure as to how long it takes to get from the biometrics stage to obtaining the greencard?
Hi:

USCIS puts purported processing times on its website. Look it up. That is perhaps a "ballpark figure". Perhaps it is not.

I will not recommend wasting your time and money on a fortune teller.

Seriously, the "how long?" question is quite reasonable, everyone asks it -- and any answer here would be mere speculation. Also, each case is different -- "Your mileage may vary."
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Socal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know whether your I-140 has been approved yet? These seem to be taking longer than normal at the moment. The Nebraska service centre just moved their processing times for EB1C I-140s back from 23rd April 07 to 18th Jan 07 today!!

I found the following web-site quite useful for getting a idea of what approvals are happening and how long they are tending to take:

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:58 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I am over here on a L1A visa and my family on L2s. We applied for a greencard in July last year and had our biometrics last week.
Ours, back in 2006, took about 6 months or so as I recall. But, as has been said, cases can be quite different.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

spiderv6 is a name known to allspiderv6 is a name known to allspiderv6 is a name known to allspiderv6 is a name known to allspiderv6 is a name known to allspiderv6 is a name known to allspiderv6 is a name known to allspiderv6 is a name known to allspiderv6 is a name known to allspiderv6 is a name known to allspiderv6 is a name known to all

I'm in the same boat. I also applied in July last year and my hope is that we will see the cards before the end of Q1.

Check out trackitt, there are some interesting posts and a bunch of stats to look at.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice2point4 is just really nice

I recieved my letter today stating that my green card is approved and that I will recieve it in 3 weeks. Do you know how long it usually takes for my family's to follow? We applied together, I was on a L1A and they were on L2.
We all did our biometrics in Houston on Jan 22nd.

Also it says in the letter that the visa is valid for ten years, I was under the impression it needed renewing after 2 years?

Does this mean I can finally drink and drive like the rest of Houston......ONLY KIDDING....BUT DOES IT?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Also it says in the letter that the visa is valid for ten years, I was under the impression it needed renewing after 2 years?
I think you mean here the green card is valid for 10 years (not visa). Yes, it's valid for 10 years. Only some marriage based green cards are the 2-year kind.

Rene
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I think you mean here the green card is valid for 10 years (not visa). Yes, it's valid for 10 years. Only some marriage based green cards are the 2-year kind.

Rene
And some employment based GC (investor) are the 2-year kind, but not for this family, since they were L-1 previously.

2point4, you may get notices about the other family members or not. Cards may just show up in the mail. But, they will usually keep a family case together, so activity for everyone else should follow shortly. Just don't worry if they do not get welcome notices or emails.

All Green Cards are now issued for 10 years at a time. You simply renew it if you have not naturalized to US citizenship by then (no requirement but many benefits; see the Wiki article here for details).

I encourage you to read the following pages about your status, rights, responsibilities and limitations (including voting, and maintaining your PR status).

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants

About the D&D, wait until you are US citizen. While you are still a PR you can still be deported.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
And some employment based GC (investor) are the 2-year kind, but not for this family, since they were L-1 previously.

2point4, you may get notices about the other family members or not. Cards may just show up in the mail. But, they will usually keep a family case together, so activity for everyone else should follow shortly. Just don't worry if they do not get welcome notices or emails.

All Green Cards are now issued for 10 years at a time. You simply renew it if you have not naturalized to US citizenship by then (no requirement but many benefits; see the Wiki article here for details).

I encourage you to read the following pages about your status, rights, responsibilities and limitations (including voting, and maintaining your PR status).

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants

About the D&D, wait until you are US citizen. While you are still a PR you can still be deported.
meauxna

Thanks for your reply, very much appreciated and informative!!